Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bushtec new staff/owners-sale must have went thru????  (Read 1550 times)

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Bushtec new staff/owners-sale must have went thru????
« on: October 20, 2009, 08:16:14 AM »

I called down to Bushtec yesterday and asked for Samuel (Sam) the young man that I had spoke to in the past about parts/accessories but was told he  was no longer there.   When I dealt with him, he finished my sentence by knowing exactly what I wanted or needed.

They gave me to a young lady that didn't know what a Screamin Eagle Ultra was exactly.  With me prompting her on, she quoted me a hitch for a 2010 Ultra and the price for pre 08 hitches.
Also saw on Ebay where Hometown Honda in Marietta, Ohio was listing Bushtec trailers for sale.  I believe this dealer bought Bushtec?     :nixweiss:

Anyway, I don't like change.   I like to deal with someone who knows there product.   Given time, maybe she will learn.     :soapbox:

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: Bushtec new staff/owners-sale must have went thru????
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 08:43:45 AM »

Thats to bad if true.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 10:10:55 AM »

I'd bought my parts from him also Bob.  He knew the line inside and out, upside down and backwards.  In and of itself new management/ownership isn't a bad change.  But it doesn't bode well if new ownership doesn't or can't keep the best staff.

Their contacts list still show John and Andrew as "special consultant" and GM.  The same contacts list makes no specific mention of ownership though.  That's a pride of place that used to be proudly displayed among their company information.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 06:04:53 PM »

I was down there in spring and they said that they had recently been sold to that Marietta company, Andrew was still listed as GM but he wasn't around when we were there. They hired a guy that used to own Skunkworks here in Columbus to run the shop, nice guy but he was pretty arrogant, said that he was hired by the new owners to double production. Not sure who they were going to sell all those additional trailers to. Sam was still there and very helpful but based upon what i saw he was probably run off by Mr. Big the Shop Mgr.
The girl at the front desk didn't know squat.....

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=36711.0   
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 06:08:05 PM by OhioDave »

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 06:42:57 PM »

Dave-
You're the one that told me about Hometown Honda buying them.  Double production-probably can't sell what they build now.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 07:37:35 PM »

I remember when John bought Bushtec and moved it from here to the location back east.   John moved it back there because that's where his family was from.  I wonder if they're going to keep it back there?   I guess time will tell. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Ultra2010

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 05:06:26 PM »

In Sturgis this year they had a new model on their lot.  It's still not on their web page.  I've had their trailers for 20 years now but this year (summer) I am going over to American Legend, for me it's a better visual with a Harley and I'm tired of adjusting the air shocks everytime I load the trailer.  They do make a heck of a good trailer but it's time for a change. 

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 25 queries.