Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: HELP!- Need feedback on CVO seats  (Read 11564 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
HELP!- Need feedback on CVO seats
« on: November 10, 2014, 01:34:20 PM »

I own a 2014 Ultra Limited. One of the things I really want to upgrade is my stock seat, for comfort. Had my mind set to buy a Russell day long seat until I talked with them and was advised that their seat would raise my seat height by one and a half inches to two inches, they further told me that I should consider having two seats, a stock seat for my normal around town riding and their Russell day long seat for long hauls. My dilemma is that most of my riding is under 200 miles with occasional long hauls. Don't want to spend what the Russell cost for occasional use and don't like the idea of swapping my seat and windshield all the time. I'm 6 foot with a 31" inseam. I could stand having a slightly taller seat, just not two inches.

This brings me to why I asked this question on this forum. I was also thinking about the 2015 CVO Limited seat and matching tour pak backrest for my bike. It's my understanding that the 2015 seat is a Hammock seat. Those that have a 2015 CVO Limited, how do you feel about your seats comfort? Short and long haul? do you think it's any different than the regular Hammock seat offered by Harley? outside of cosmetic's.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated

I don't want to buy multiple seats trying to find a good one. Willing to spend pretty good money. 

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: HELP!- Need feedback on CVO seats
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 07:18:09 PM »

The 14 and 15 SE Limiteds have the same seat part# 52000083 and sells for $986 from Kutter's on line store.   The part you sit on is leather and the sides are vinyl.  It is a great seat but not worth $1000 when there are other alternatives out there IMO..

OhioDave and I were at a dealer today with a 14 and 15 SE Limited side by side and they were the same seat on both bikes.  The 15 SERG looks to have the same seat but the upholstery panels look a little diffferent in the way they are cut and sewn.

My 14 seat is 100 times better than my 10 SEUC seat or 05 SEEG seat.  On the 05 I used a Corbin dual tour and on the 10 used a Corbin dual tour and a Mustang Super Touring.

On the 10, the Corbin and Mustang moved you down about 1" and back 1.5"..  I had the reach handlebars on this bike.

Back to the 14..  I am 6'1" and 32" inseam.  This seat I will keep on the bike.  The most in one day is 460 miles.  I did not like the seating position at first as I felt like I was sitting on the bike instead of being part of the bike like the Corbin and Mustang made me feel. 

With the stock 14 handlebars, my size, and the stock seat it all works together well for me.  After 4500 miles, I doubt I will change the handlebars.  If I put the Corbin or Mustang on to try, I would need to install the reach handlebars or equivalent as you sit back further.   I haven't decided to sell the Corbin or Mustangs yet.  My passenger will not let me take the 14 stock seat off and I am doing fine with it thus far.  Have never put more than 500 miles on a stock seat before taking off for aftermarket seat.

I would not pay $1000 for this seat as the vinyl is still stapled to the underside pan.  Look on Ebay for a 14-15 takeoff seat and hopefully buy for $500..

I know the 14-15 seats are the best comfort wise that HD has put out.  Hope they last and don't break down or the slings break.  A lot to read if you have read this far.  Hope some of this makes sense. I remember you saying the 15 seats were different when the 15's came out and if they are really different I apoligize.

waynel

• Hippie
  • Full CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2014 Electra Glide Limited
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 07:56:10 PM »

My wife and I put 1000 miles on my 2014 Limited C.V.O. last week on a trip to Florida and I can tell you my stock seat was comfortable from the time we left till the time I put her back in the garage. I did put the wild ones 578- 10 inch bars on her though.  :2vrolijk_21:

BigD2112

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 11:14:56 PM »

Scott
have you thought about just buying one of those airhawk cushions or something similar  I have owned those cushions including the harley brand cushion and have found them to work really well.  Try it and when not using it throw it in the saddlebag.  This is a very cheap investment, functional and does not take away any of the stock look from the bike.  Another option is to send your seat to Sargent to see if they can add additional padding, but at the risk of heated seats not working as good.. try the cushion. cheap and little to lose if you do not like it  (probably can take it back to your dealer, if you save all of your packaging, receipts etc)
2014 CVO Limited
2009 XR1200
2012 Challenger SRT8

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2014, 09:41:28 PM »

Thank you all, you have given me a lot to consider. I also learned about a new Hammock like seat from Danny gray seats. Www.dannygray.com
« Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:43:46 PM by scottt »

RickDeVon

• Junior CVO Member
  • 15 Mysterious Red Tri Glide
    • GA

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2014, 11:32:06 PM »

Do you guys have the part # for the 14/15 CVO Ultra passenger backrest...thanks for the part # on the seat...
Fulsac headpipe w/11 CVO 2" cores...Slipstream collection...CVO seat...CW 2+2 bars w/chrome backlit controls and cables...Chrome front w/B&S cowbells...
Building a CVO Tri Glide...

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 06:34:30 AM »

Do you guys have the part # for the 14/15 CVO Ultra passenger backrest...thanks for the part # on the seat...

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 12:42:42 PM »

I think that my stock seat is definitely comfortable enough to keep me from spending a significant amount to upgrade it.  IMHO.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 02:47:38 PM »

The 14 and 15 SE Limiteds have the same seat part# 52000083 and sells for $986 from Kutter's on line store.   The part you sit on is leather and the sides are vinyl.  It is a great seat but not worth $1000 when there are other alternatives out there IMO..

OhioDave and I were at a dealer today with a 14 and 15 SE Limited side by side and they were the same seat on both bikes.  The 15 SERG looks to have the same seat but the upholstery panels look a little diffferent in the way they are cut and sewn.

My 14 seat is 100 times better than my 10 SEUC seat or 05 SEEG seat.  On the 05 I used a Corbin dual tour and on the 10 used a Corbin dual tour and a Mustang Super Touring.

On the 10, the Corbin and Mustang moved you down about 1" and back 1.5"..  I had the reach handlebars on this bike.

Back to the 14..  I am 6'1" and 32" inseam.  This seat I will keep on the bike.  The most in one day is 460 miles.  I did not like the seating position at first as I felt like I was sitting on the bike instead of being part of the bike like the Corbin and Mustang made me feel. 

With the stock 14 handlebars, my size, and the stock seat it all works together well for me.  After 4500 miles, I doubt I will change the handlebars.  If I put the Corbin or Mustang on to try, I would need to install the reach handlebars or equivalent as you sit back further.   I haven't decided to sell the Corbin or Mustangs yet.  My passenger will not let me take the 14 stock seat off and I am doing fine with it thus far.  Have never put more than 500 miles on a stock seat before taking off for aftermarket seat.

I would not pay $1000 for this seat as the vinyl is still stapled to the underside pan.  Look on Ebay for a 14-15 takeoff seat and hopefully buy for $500..

I know the 14-15 seats are the best comfort wise that HD has put out.  Hope they last and don't break down or the slings break.  A lot to read if you have read this far.  Hope some of this makes sense. I remember you saying the 15 seats were different when the 15's came out and if they are really different I apoligize.

I greatly appreciate all your effort on this post: This is my Dilemma; you mentioned you would not pay $1,000 for the CVO seat. I am with you on that except for the bigger question, what would you buy instead?

I was also thinking about the regular heated Hammock seat, thinking it was the same as the CVO heated seat without the leather. According to Kutter's web site the CVO Hammock seat weigh's 60lbs, the regular Hammock seat weigh's 12.75lbs. If this is correct, their is a big difference between the seats, more than just leather.

One of the other challenges in changing the seat is matching the tour pak back rest. If you go with the regular heated Hammock seat, my standard Limited back rest will match, if I go with the CVO Hammock seat I would need to buy the CVO back rest. Generally, most seats made by other vendors will not match my stock tour pak back rest.

Based on everything I know now, I am leaning toward the CVO Hammock seat and passenger backrest, it's expensive but very good looking. based on everyone's feedback, the CVO seat sounds fairly comfortable, much better than my stock classic Limited perch. Going to check out a few more options before pulling the trigger. Again, really appreciate your feedback

I did double check the difference between the 14 and 15 CVO Hammock seats; I was wrong, they are the same. Sorry for the wrong information

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »

Scott
have you thought about just buying one of those airhawk cushions or something similar  I have owned those cushions including the harley brand cushion and have found them to work really well.  Try it and when not using it throw it in the saddlebag.  This is a very cheap investment, functional and does not take away any of the stock look from the bike.  Another option is to send your seat to Sargent to see if they can add additional padding, but at the risk of heated seats not working as good.. try the cushion. cheap and little to lose if you do not like it  (probably can take it back to your dealer, if you save all of your packaging, receipts etc)

Thanks, I tried an AirHawk seat cushion. Did not like it.

RickDeVon

• Junior CVO Member
  • 15 Mysterious Red Tri Glide
    • GA

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 04:15:05 PM »

Thanks Boatman for the part # on the CVO passenger backrest...today I went and had a good study of the CVO...looks to be leather so now I need to find the part # for the rider backrest so they all match...I am building a 15 Mysterious Red CVO Tri Glide...and yes I know it will never be a true CVO...but will be dressed as one...guess Harley feels it can't sell a $50k trike...lol
Fulsac headpipe w/11 CVO 2" cores...Slipstream collection...CVO seat...CW 2+2 bars w/chrome backlit controls and cables...Chrome front w/B&S cowbells...
Building a CVO Tri Glide...

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 05:39:43 PM »

Thanks Boatman for the part # on the CVO passenger backrest...today I went and had a good study of the CVO...looks to be leather so now I need to find the part # for the rider backrest so they all match...I am building a 15 Mysterious Red CVO Tri Glide...and yes I know it will never be a true CVO...but will be dressed as one...guess Harley feels it can't sell a $50k trike...lol

Rick, the rider backrest is 52300224..

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2014, 05:42:21 PM »

Scott-

I can't remember where you are located, if your riding season is about over til spring, just watch Ebay for a take off CVO Limited seat. 

Seats, handlebars, exhaust loudness are unfortunately not one size fits all.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2014, 07:17:05 PM »

Scott-

I can't remember where you are located, if your riding season is about over til spring, just watch Ebay for a take off CVO Limited seat. 

Seats, handlebars, exhaust loudness are unfortunately not one size fits all.

I live in Northern California, close to year around riding. In the 60's today. Have been looking on Ebay for about 4 months without success, will keep it up for a while. Appreciate the tip.

Mickle

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 Gold Rush CVO FLHTKSE, sold.
    • CVO2: 2018 CVO Anniversary FLHTKSE
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2014, 05:41:19 PM »

I think the CVO Hammock seat is the most comfortable I have used.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 06:09:38 PM »

I think the CVO Hammock seat is the most comfortable I have used.

Thank you

hdctss

• Senior CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE, 2013 FLHTCUSE8 - both traded
    • CVO3: 2009 FLHTCUSE4, 2007 FLHTCUSE2 - both traded
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2014, 06:53:42 PM »

you will love the CVO seat...it is the best seat i have ever had on a bike...and that includes 2 corbins on 2 different bikes
2018 FLHTKSE Anniversary Odyssey Blue
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue and Wicked Sapphire with Dragontail Graphics (traded)
2013 FLHTCUSE8 Silver/Slate and Titanium (traded)
2009 FLHTCUSE4 Silver/Blue (traded)
2007 FLHTCUSE2 Candy Red (traded)

CVO Couple

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • SC

• CVO1: 2015 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2008 FXSTC Anniversary
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 07:24:32 PM »

The seat on my new 15 is great.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2014, 02:13:00 PM »

You guys sold me. I installed a new CVO heated Hammock seat, matching CVO passenger tour pak backrest and matching CVO rider backrest to my Daytona Blue ultra Limited......Very happy. Very comfortable. Thanks again.

bikerbum11

• Vendor
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 FLHTCUSE8
    • U.P. Cruising
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 07:18:09 AM »

Have you looked at the Corbin seats?
I'm ordering two; one for my wife's street glide and one for my Ultra.

I've talked to the folks at Corbin which are really good. They sent us samples of the materials before ordering the seats, and we love the seats.. You can ride all day.
2015 CVO Limited

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 10:02:07 AM »

X2 on the Corbin.
DND

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 10:16:15 AM »

X2 on the Corbin.

I had a Corbin dual tour on my 07 CVO ultra, that seat was very firm. I decided to install the 14/15 CVO Limited heated Hammock on my 14 Limited. I prefer the Hammock, but that is me.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 02:42:59 PM »

Seats are far and away the most personal item on a bike. What works great for one person doesn't work at all for another.

I tried a '13 Hammock seat, and it was awful for me. Maybe the newer ones are better. It sat me way too high, and the height difference for the BSR wasnt nearly enough. The throat was far too wide for me, too. I'm 5'9" and 170 lbs. Maybe for bigger/taller riders it would work better.

I now have a Corbin Dual-Tour for solo riding, and a Mustang Super Touring Wide Vintage for two-up riding. They both have back rests built in, and I like them both very much. I have matching TAp backrest for each! too. The Corbin is better for me but the back seat is hard, narrow, and slants forward... terrible for the BSR. The Mustang is awesome for the BSR, but not quite as comfy for me as the Corbin. It's very good all-around though.

I can ride literally all day on the Corbin D-T, plus it sits me down a bit lower than the Mustang, and it's much better looking.

Ken

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 03:36:35 PM »

Seats are far and away the most personal item on a bike. What works great for one person doesn't work at all for another.

I tried a '13 Hammock seat, and it was awful for me. Maybe the newer ones are better. It sat me way too high, and the height difference for the BSR wasnt nearly enough. The throat was far too wide for me, too. I'm 5'9" and 170 lbs. Maybe for bigger/taller riders it would work better.

I now have a Corbin Dual-Tour for solo riding, and a Mustang Super Touring Wide Vintage for two-up riding. They both have back rests built in, and I like them both very much. I have matching TAp backrest for each! too. The Corbin is better for me but the back seat is hard, narrow, and slants forward... terrible for the BSR. The Mustang is awesome for the BSR, but not quite as comfy for me as the Corbin. It's very good all-around though.

I can ride literally all day on the Corbin D-T, plus it sits me down a bit lower than the Mustang, and it's much better looking.

Ken

I can see how size would matter with the CVO Limited Hammock. I am 6 foot tall and around 235lbs., I do sit taller on the CVO Hammock vs. the OEM Limited seat. I am actually considering a taller windshield as I do sit up taller in that seat. I am still flat footed with the CVO seat.

bakon

• Elite CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited "Wicked"
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2015, 01:26:14 AM »

I have used the Harley heated rider and passenger hammock seat on my 2010 Limited and never needed any pads or sheepskin. 6ft 215. I have had to change stock seat on every Harley to a mustang before that.
Pick up new CVO 2014 limited on Saturday. Like that I wont need to go buy a seat first thing.
Will
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.748 seconds with 24 queries.