Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 18 cvo rg ape hanger install  (Read 2330 times)

Gandrtravis

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

• CVO1: 2008 cvo dyna inferno red and desert black sold
    • CVO2: 2014 cvo road king tribal orange and galactic black traded
    • CVO3: 2018 cvo road glide gunship grey
Re: 18 cvo rg ape hanger install
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2019, 03:18:59 PM »

Don't suppose you have link for them? Can't seem to find anything!

http://www.precisionmv.com/en/galeries_moto.php

Gandrtravis

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

• CVO1: 2008 cvo dyna inferno red and desert black sold
    • CVO2: 2014 cvo road king tribal orange and galactic black traded
    • CVO3: 2018 cvo road glide gunship grey
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2019, 03:22:59 PM »

It is easy to check the codes yourself. Just hold the trip switch while turning on the ignition. It will go into diagnostic mode in the odometer window. Cycle through with trip switch. When it says ecm y or other module name hold for 5 secs and it will show codes. Once you have viewed and recorded all codes hold trip switch on previously viewed codes and it will clear them. You will need to do this for each module that shows a code. Internet search will bring up a list of codes and possibly a more clear explanation of process as I am going from memory. If you did not disconnect battery or connected battery before all switch connections were completed that could be your error code and they may be historical and not current - you will know once you clear them if they do not return.

I was Gunna bring it to Harley to see if the codes were anything important but I checked my wires this morning and cleared the codes myself. Went for a ride nothing came up seems to be working properly. Also no I didn’t disconnect the battery’s so maybe that’s why it threw the codes when I had it all torn apart. Thanks I feel much better with no check engine I thought i f$%*ed something up but it seems all good now.

ScottAL

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AL

• CVO1: 2018 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE (traded)
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2019, 06:41:25 PM »

Good news, glad it worked out. At least you didn't blow a fuse like me. I knew to disconnect the battery, but had to go back after the install was complete and change one thing. Forgot to disconnect battery that time. The things we learn along the way.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 24 queries.