Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help finding 01 FLTRSEI2 OEM parts  (Read 3558 times)

scott1550

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
Help finding 01 FLTRSEI2 OEM parts
« on: February 13, 2016, 01:01:57 AM »

Been riding H-D since 16 yrs old and finally had a wreck today. Ran into the back of a Tahoe that slammed on their brakes for a yellow light. It happened so fast that all i could do was swerve to the left and i still hit their back right side. Smashed my bike up bad...inner and outer fairing, both lowers, tank, front fender, floorboards, engine guard, left rear saddle bag, and sure the forks are bent. Worried i will not be able to get the OEM painted skins and other parts that were just for the 01 FLTRSEI2. Does anyone know what I will be looking at to bring her back like she was. She was like she came off the showroom floor. If this had to happen sure wish it would've happened to my sport.:-(

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Help finding 01 FLTRSEI2 OEM parts
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 03:54:47 AM »

Hope you're OK.  Parts... and bikes can be replaced.   

I recall someone here recently had a set of tins for a SERG available. Try using the search function.  Also, here is an OEM Parts Finder.

Good luck! 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 05:53:30 AM »

Alien has a full set for sale in the triple red if that's what color yours is.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=103375.msg1333405#msg1333405
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 05:55:31 AM by OBB »
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 08:09:16 AM »

First of all I'm glad to see you were not terribly injured in the crash  :) and I'm sure that there might be someone on the site that has some of the extra's that you need, but it would help everyone if you told us if it was the Blue or Gray parts you are in need of  :2vrolijk_21: :drink:

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 08:50:05 AM »

I have a large selection of blue parts.
Since they are motorcycle parts I can't sell them.
But if I can help you, send me a pm if your bike is blue.

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 11:38:10 AM »

Been riding H-D since 16 yrs old and finally had a wreck today. Ran into the back of a Tahoe that slammed on their brakes for a yellow light. It happened so fast that all i could do was swerve to the left and i still hit their back right side. Smashed my bike up bad...inner and outer fairing, both lowers, tank, front fender, floorboards, engine guard, left rear saddle bag, and sure the forks are bent. Worried i will not be able to get the OEM painted skins and other parts that were just for the 01 FLTRSEI2. Does anyone know what I will be looking at to bring her back like she was. She was like she came off the showroom floor. If this had to happen sure wish it would've happened to my sport.:-(

You don't say which color of the 2001 models you've got so anyone with spares won't know which you're looking for.  I've got spares for most of the 2000 red parts and know a few others that have some spare tins for whichever model they have as well.  So it's not inconceivable someone may have something.  Perhaps not incredibly likely but, "may the odds be forever in your favor."

Most important is that you're doing well enough to worry about the bike.  So must be ok.  It's worth checking with your dealer.  Especially those parts that are one color may still be in production as the colors were used in other years.  Don't let the dealer just tell you "obsolete" on non-stocking for the others though.  Ask to have an inventory check run to see if some dealer has old stock that perhaps got ordered, never used and has just been collecting dust.

scott1550

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2001 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 09:30:14 PM »

I really appreciate everyone's response.  I am pretty good physically but really sick about what has happened to my bike.  I got some road rash and my shins are swollen and bruised from going over the handlebars.  Lucky to be here.

My bike is the Black and Charcoal 01 SERG.  Yeah, Twolanerider, the dealer told me they couldn't even get the floorboards for me much less the tank and outer faring.

All you guys have some really nice bikes!

Have patience with me as this is the first time I have posted anything and do not know how to navigate the site well at all. :nixweiss:

scott

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 11:41:28 PM »

I really appreciate everyone's response.  I am pretty good physically but really sick about what has happened to my bike.  I got some road rash and my shins are swollen and bruised from going over the handlebars.  Lucky to be here.

My bike is the Black and Charcoal 01 SERG.  Yeah, Twolanerider, the dealer told me they couldn't even get the floorboards for me much less the tank and outer faring.

All you guys have some really nice bikes!

Have patience with me as this is the first time I have posted anything and do not know how to navigate the site well at all. :nixweiss:

scott

Glad to hear your wounds aren't terrible Scott.  Those painted parts will be tough.  The one color stuff can always be painted from primered tins (new or used).  I don't know anyone with a charcoal fairing spare though.  Might have to go with a gifted painter and give him some good pics to work from.  I've seen those outer fairings done by airbrush artists twice before.  Though the guy that did them both is dead now.  But it can be done in the right hands.  Perhaps if there's someone here close to you they'd be willing to bring there 2000 or 2001 by and let whatever painter might be interested take a really good look for pictures and measurements.

The footboards themselves should be no problem.  I'm surprised the inserts are obsolete though.  How about rear passenger peg brackets?  I may have some of that stuff spare.  Really not sure but share what you're looking for and I'll dig stuff out this weekend.

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 24 queries.