Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: 09 Road Glide Headlight Trim  (Read 22374 times)

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
Re: 09 Road Glide Headlight Trim
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2010, 09:23:46 PM »

There are currently three versions of these bezels. The SE version 69987-09 is the smooth gloss black. The non SE version 69988-09 is a matte black . The 10 version is a semi-gloss textured black.

I've sold about 130 of these and the biggest gripe I hear is when fitting them to the older bikes. With the older bikes you may have to pull the headlight assembly back some with the adjusters.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2010, 09:33:38 PM »

Twolane.
 So how is the bezel holding up on the triple red? Any issues? Looks great and my clear lens is fogged so rather than replacing it I want to go with your application. Any updates? Thanks, Jayray

No complaints at all Jay.  Headlight outer housings still clear and sharp.  The bezel itself looks as it did the day it was installed. 

Mike (up there ^ one post) just mentioned the different variations of this part.  Mine is the gloss black.  The midnight red of the triple red bikes outer fairing is so dark the fairing and headlight bezel are commonly seen as a consistent color unless it's good light right on the nose.  They really do work well together.  Fortunately the installation on mine didn't have the difficulties that Mike mentioned seeing on at least some others.  My old outer cover almost fell out and the new bezel popped in easily. 

The before-and-after difference was more striking than I expected.  Of course I'm used to after this much time but I can look back at the side by side pics and it's a nice difference.  Nice little part.

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2010, 09:46:52 PM »

There are currently three versions of these bezels. The SE version 69987-09 is the smooth gloss black. The non SE version 69988-09 is a matte black . The 10 version is a semi-gloss textured black.

I've sold about 130 of these and the biggest gripe I hear is when fitting them to the older bikes. With the older bikes you may have to pull the headlight assembly back some with the adjusters.
I purchased one for my 2000 Serg back in Sept 09 from a dealer in Western New York,  the part # is 69987-09 ,  $ 43.95  :2vrolijk_21:  one of the nicest and cheepest mods I have made on the Triple Red. :pepper: :pepper:
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.