Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Windshields and the Stock Gasket???  (Read 3836 times)

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Windshields and the Stock Gasket???
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2009, 11:06:53 PM »

I have a borrowed KW 12 until my Windvest 12 comes on friday. I used the Stock SERG gasket to keep from scratching the paint. Looks like crap, regardless of what anyone says, it does not line up, has gaps, windshield itself is not square across bottom etc etc. Just does not fit.
Then the KW Windshield itself, what a LARGE piece of crap. Klock told me himself last year at Daytona how much downforce it added, who cares really, but then I find him off the deep end as well if he thinks that weak vibrating piece of junk would make downforce, hell it would flex and probably break if wind pressure built up on it. I am glad a buddy bought it, didn't like it, then loaned it to me. It is a real waste of money. I did buy a stock RG gasket to use with the Windvest when it arrives, but anyone wanting one be aware I had one ordered for 11 days and then dealer (Jims HD in St Pete & Rossisters HD in Sarasota) told me it is on Nat Backorder with no release date so check local dealers if you need one.

Now, where in Home Depot do you find the well-nuts?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 01:37:10 AM »

There is no shield matching perfect to the SERG gasket , the gasket and the deflector is very confused and complicated designed ( at the fitting sides ) .
The use of the SERG-gasket is mostly possible but you get small gaps .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 04:20:50 AM »

Now, where in Home Depot do you find the well-nuts?
they should be in the hardware Isle. in the slide out drawers. they haven't been keeping those things stocked very well lately. If you can't find them, try True Value hardware, I got mine there
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 06:57:39 AM »

Does the outer fairing on a SERG have a different contour (at the windshield) than a stock RG outer fairing?  Wondering why the need for a different gasket on a CVO.   :nixweiss:

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 07:08:49 AM »

Does the outer fairing on a SERG have a different contour (at the windshield) than a stock RG outer fairing?  Wondering why the need for a different gasket on a CVO.   :nixweiss:
Because of the stock -SERG-deflector contour , it is not smooth , it has a relief .

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 07:20:44 AM »

Because of the stock -SERG-deflector contour , it is not smooth , it has a relief .

Stock RG has a relief as well.  Is there a different relief for the CVO?

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 07:46:20 AM »

Not the sharknose fairing , but the gasket and the deflector .
 Why ??? Don`t ask me .

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2009, 07:49:22 AM »

Not the sharknose fairing , but the gasket and the deflector .
 Why ??? Don`t ask me .

Got it.  Probably makes it lay down in there for a nicer fit.  Thanks.

shredsurf

• '09 FLTR - Red Hot Sunglo
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2009, 12:15:37 PM »

The Cee Bailys .  09 windshield is designed to fit the SERG rubber molding and to my knowlege is the only one designed to do it.  Doc

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Raptor

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 03 SE Deuce (Gold), 09 SERG (Orange)
    • CVO2: 11.5 SEUC (Blue), CVO4: 12 SESG (Hot C.)
    • CVO3: 14 FLHTK PO, 17 FLHXS
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2009, 09:37:11 PM »

Then the KW Windshield itself, what a LARGE piece of crap. Klock told me himself last year at Daytona how much downforce it added, who cares really, but then I find him off the deep end as well if he thinks that weak vibrating piece of junk would make downforce, hell it would flex and probably break if wind pressure built up on it.

He must have bought a bad one, mine doesn't flex at all. It doesn't give much for wind protection and you won't notice the down force at speeds most people ride but mine has no flex.  As far as the looks.... to each their own.

Looking for some insight.  How many times are you guys with the well nut problems changing you shields? :confused5: I have changed mine four times with no problems.
I don't care if I die with the most toys....  I just want to play with as many as I can before I go!

09S/E roadglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • lead, follow or get out of the way !

• CVO1: 09 S/E roadglide org. and black
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2009, 09:58:36 PM »

the cb is what I put on mine after I tried the kw12. the kw wasnt all that bad ( i like a little wind) but I do prefer the CB14 less buffering. my bsr dosent care for eather much but said the CB was a little better.Fit and finish much, much better on the CB. factory gasket fits great !
a.k.a  Dent Dude

DW6019

• Banned
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2009, 10:48:11 PM »

Got my Windvest 12 today, used new RG gasket and put it on, at 45 mph it puts air right at my hairline, I am 5'10" with 30" inseam. It looks O.K. and I intend to use it regardless because I am through trying others. I didn't have a helmet on tonite, normally wear a full face SHOEI so I think everything will be good.

slsecvorg110

• Full CVO Member
  • FLTRSE3 CV0

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 11:10:24 PM »

Just a personal note....anyone who can make the KW fit with the stock SERG windshield rubber  knows magic of some sort. Put my 12" on with no gasket and it looked fine but was dissapointing compared to the Std Road Glide Stock windshield. The short CVO shield looks good, the KW looks good but the HD stocker for the RG Std is the best I have used so far. There are others out there that sound interesting but I am trying not to have more than three at a time. (Not sure why)
Orange you glad you got one?  I am!
TTS Mastertune with Fullsac Map. K&N Element.
Fullsac 2" Baffles, Gutted Cat. Bosch Iridium Plugs. 440 Progressive shocks, Passenger floor boards with angle spacers, Driver boards spaced 1". LePera Sorrento Seat. ClearView Re curve wind shield. Mini Beast air horn. Pulsing brake light module. Hyper white head lamps. Detach Chopped Tour Pack. George Anderson Tour Pack Relocator. Wild one 517 bars.

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2009, 11:30:12 PM »

if this wasn't so frustrating it would be comical :orange: :orange: :orange:

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2009, 11:43:42 PM »

CB is the only shield that was designed to fit the stock SERG gasket. Liked the gasket fit but hated the "Korean scooter shield" look. I did hand fit my KW shield to SERG gasket and prefer to put up with the buffeting because it is the only "Non Goldwing" looking shield out there. I just cant handle the looks of most of the "functionally" approved shields from the front. :drink:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 24 queries.