Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 591309 times)

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #2205 on: January 27, 2013, 07:09:48 PM »

Whatever is comfortable to/for you and you will consistently wear. The main/most important thing is it is easy to access, is consistently in the same location so you don't have to think about whether it is in this place or that. Next is practice, practice, practice drawing, aiming, and firing. And if you really want a challenge try some night shooting... you will really appreciate night sights after that.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Excellent advice!

For those in uniform who carry on the hip the instructors try to get officers to carry in the same location off duty or when in plain clothes due to muscle memory. You also learn quickly from practice what locations work and which ones don't. How do you spend you day? Seated or standing etc? Just try to get a weapon out of a front pocket if you are seated, same problems in draw can come from ankle rigs especially when in a car. Some holsters with a flimsy clip can make it easy to draw not only the weapon but the holster as well under stress.

Holsters like in this link (they make ones for other models then Glock too.) allow you to have the weapon securely held in place,holster is secured with the design of the clip hooking on your belt, The reinforced mouth allows re-holstering easily and you can tuck in your t-shirt or sport shirt too. The leather also insulates the weapon from body oils and sweat and in the event you do fire your weapon you can re-holster it without burning yourself.
http://glockstore.glockstore.com/holsters-by-style/iwb-holsters/ultra-deep-cover-iwb-holster

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2206 on: January 27, 2013, 10:06:59 PM »

I'm sure that "old fart" served our country in his day. I would thank him for his time, effort and dedication to our country. I would be proud to own those guns because of who owned them in addition to the model they are. Just my honest opinion. Congrats on the acquisition.

SBB

My term "old fart" is defiantly not said in disrespect for the old Gent's time, effort and dedication he gave to our country during the Korean war.  If you've hung around  VFW functions you learn these guys actually call each other 'old farts', so term 'old farts' is more VFW lingo 'per say'.. Anyway the Old Gent is 87 years old his first name is Warren. He lost is wife a few years back and has no immediate family. Gordy says that Warren is very quite when questioned about war stories but did learn he co-piloted C-46 supply crafts on missions  during the Korean War and he took sharp metal injuries during one flight he thought he would not survive. Warren retired from the NWC in 1986 as an Ordinance Engineer, and he worked on the Sidewinder Missile team since the early 1960's.  i asked Gordy about his 'days numbered' comment and Gordy say's there is nothing terminal going on with this gent, but rater all the 'old farts' hanging around the VFW say their days are numbered.. My brother Gordy is single guy, he is a member of the VFW and donates all his time for them.  For many of the older Vets the VFW is all the family they have. And being somone speicial like my brother Gordy, you get a chance to meet some really fascinating people    :2vrolijk_21:     

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #2207 on: January 28, 2013, 07:58:38 AM »

Never looked at this thread until December 2012.   Never had or shot a handgun until then.

Was looking at a P238 and bought one after reading Terry's (midnight rider)'s posts on the gun.  Bought two of the extended mags for more area to hold on to when shooting.  Easy to shoot with target ammo..  I'm not real accurate yet but just need to practice.  Wife who has never shot either is much better than I am at this point.  Might have created a monster.

Comes with a belt holster but Sig also makes a leather pocket holster that is molded to the shape of the gun and Uncle Mike and others make pocket holsters.

Any other first time buyers need to see if there is ammo available before purchasing as you are limited to (2) 50 round boxes at this point in Columbus.  Could be a false demand to get higher prices but who knows.

(9MM is the cheapest to shoot at this point.  You could buy 1000 rounds of 9mm target ammo for $220 (22 cents a round) and went up to $260 in a week.  Gun stores want $17 a box (limit 2 boxes)..  380, 40, and 45 are a lot more.

In 6 months you will be glad you bought or it will pass over  :nixweiss:..

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2208 on: January 28, 2013, 08:08:10 AM »

FWIW-

Here In Columbus, just about all of the 380's and 9mm have been bought up.  You can still easily find 40 and 45's..

Some gun only stores don't even have time to answer the phone.  1000 rounds of 40 target ammo was $400..  All of the high capacity rifles are bought up.

cvobiker

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2209 on: January 28, 2013, 08:16:18 AM »

FWIW-

Here In Columbus, just about all of the 380's and 9mm have been bought up.  You can still easily find 40 and 45's..

Some gun only stores don't even have time to answer the phone.  1000 rounds of 40 target ammo was $400..  All of the high capacity rifles are bought up.

Around Sacramento just the opposite, .40 and .45 are off the shelfs, along with .223, 308's and 30/06.  .380 and 9mm are plentiful.  High Capacity rifles are long gone.  Gun stores are actually calling customers they know that have them offering buy backs at twice they paid.  I was called  from a gun store with a double my money back offer for one of my AR-10's...   Very tempting offer and still thinking about it..   :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:42:01 AM by cvobiker »

UFO_HOG

• Good Guys Wear Black
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3 Orange / Black
« Reply #2210 on: January 28, 2013, 10:53:21 AM »

Around Sacramento just the opposite, .40 and .45 are off the shelfs, along with .223, 308's and 30/06.  .380 and 9mm are plentiful.  High Capacity rifles are long gone.  Gun stores are actually calling customers they know that have them offering buy backs at twice they paid.  I was called  from a gun store with a double my money back offer for one of my AR-10's...   Very tempting offer and still thinking about it..   :nixweiss:

I found a Glock 22 .40cal at a gun show this weekend. Paid $100 more than I should have, but, it may have been the only chance I will have for a while, and I don't see them getting any cheaper anytime soon. Had to mail order ammo and paid $10 more a box than usual. But, again just happy to get it....
You gotta be smart enough to understand the rules of motorcycling, and dumb enough to think the game's important.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2211 on: January 28, 2013, 01:08:40 PM »

Basically no Glocks in Columbus area.

fresh oil and pipes

• Enjoying Life More Than Ever!!!!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • RedNecks, White Socks & Blue Ribbon Beer

• CVO1: One of the Fast Green Ones
« Reply #2212 on: January 28, 2013, 02:34:30 PM »

Whatever is comfortable to/for you and you will consistently wear. The main/most important thing is it is easy to access, is consistently in the same location so you don't have to think about whether it is in this place or that. Next is practice, practice, practice drawing, aiming, and firing. And if you really want a challenge try some night shooting... you will really appreciate night sights after that.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Another challenge would be to fire your weapon (accurately) with your off hand. What if your dominant hand/arm is compromised could you still defend yourself. This is a requirement for my qualification level here in Oklahoma.
"Let's Roll" Life is Short, Choose your Battles Wisely "Let's Roll"

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2213 on: January 28, 2013, 02:59:15 PM »

I now carry by P238 in a pocket holster that is made to fit in the front right pocket of my jeans.  It's a compromise carry position, as it is not easy to get out while seated, obviously.  Most waist band carry options require about an inch larger waist size in your pants, or at least that is my experience.

If I'm wearing my Fox Creek vest when riding it has a carry pocket built in which holds the Sig perfectly.  I can even fit my Sig C3 in there, but it won't go quite all the way in.  Won't fall out though.

This is what I use for the C3.  Brigade Leather M-11 Custom

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Rio

• 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra Rio Ember/Black
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Nick
« Reply #2214 on: January 28, 2013, 05:00:02 PM »

Anyone looking for the new Smith and Wesson Shield, place in Plainfield Illionois had 5 on the shelf.  Not sure of the name, you will have to google it, Mega something?  There are waiting list here, but then again, Illinois is not a carry state yet either. 
Full Sac X-Pipe,
Full Sac 2.25 cores
TTS Mastertune
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 94 Shocks
Andrews 30t sprocket
Wind Splitter Windscreen

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #2215 on: January 28, 2013, 07:52:14 PM »

Anyone had any experience with a H&K P30(L) in 9MM??  Other than they cost a lot.

digga25

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 serg
    • CVO2: 2010 sesg
« Reply #2216 on: January 28, 2013, 08:14:18 PM »

Bond Arms Snake Slayer takes a 410 or a 45 colt

RussG69

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 #216
« Reply #2217 on: January 28, 2013, 08:30:56 PM »

This is what I use for the C3.  Brigade Leather M-11 Custom

That is a SWEET holster!!! I have been on a waiting list for almost a year for one. I think it's gettin close  :nixweiss:

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #2218 on: January 28, 2013, 09:32:26 PM »

Another challenge would be to fire your weapon (accurately) with your off hand. What if your dominant hand/arm is compromised could you still defend yourself. This is a requirement for my qualification level here in Oklahoma.

Good suggestion. Also practice racking in knee-pit or on heel of boot. If you're forced to shoot with opposing hand you're more likely to have a stovepipe or similar malfunction. Practice will help to prevent it, but sometimes its not operator error and if you're down to one hand you need other means to clear your malfunction.

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

« Reply #2219 on: January 28, 2013, 09:53:49 PM »

Boatman
 The p30l was partially designed and refined by no other than Larry Vickers. He has also been seen carrying one on many an occasion. When a world famous delta operator, 45 afficienado, 45 armorer for delta and sf teams carries a 9mm YOU KNOW IT IS A GREAT WEAPON!

I shot one on a couple occasions. 1 hole accurate, 100% reliable, good trigger, LOW RECOIL! Typical HK!

Check out David Bowie of Bowie Concepts. There are pictures there of Vickers P30's and mods you can do if you like to play with your pistols!

http://vickerstactical.com/

http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com/
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 201

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 21 queries.