Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Engine mods for new 110 SESG  (Read 3638 times)

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
Engine mods for new 110 SESG
« on: February 17, 2011, 08:51:43 PM »

Your thoughts on MY choice of mods for my new 110 SESG.

My choice of goodies has been based on my keeping my 2 year warranty with the dealer and also from reading a lot of good info from this site and also more importantly my riding style and all up weight on the bike.
The list of goodies;SE 259E cams, Head work(clean up the ports and get it flowing right),10.5 High comp pistons, 58mm throttle body, V&H high out put slip on's, stock headers with the cat removed and SE super tuner with dyno tune. Most of my riding is done between 2500 and 4000rpm and preferably on curvy hilly country roads.(Not a lot of freeways in OZ) .The engine shop reckons this engine will be good for about 115-120hp and 110-118 ft lbs of Tq.
I'm thinking that this combo should give me plenty of mid range grunt with that little bit extra up in the top end when the need arises.

Looking forward to you all's responses.

JT

I intend to ride for ever
So far so good

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Engine mods for new 110 SESG
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 10:54:22 PM »

Hello JT,

In OZ as well, Sunshine Coast Queensland.  2011 SESG Orange and Black original Harley Colors.  V&H extractors, Race Tuner, opened up clean exhaust, Old School CVO Passing Lights added, LED tail light, Led indicators in chrome mirrrors, LED light bar under curvy windscreen custom with indicators, and some other little bits here are there...

I'll see if I can attach pictures:

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »

Hey cowboy 2,

Lookin the goods on that new O&B SESG (my second favourite colour),I like what you've done with it as well, I have the Black and Red and am very impressed with the quality and finish of the bike overall.I just think it should have a bit more grunt for that size engine,I reckon the few bits and pieces I have suggested should wake the beast up.
Do you have any plans to unleash some real ponies from your SE110?
I will try to drop a few pic's of my Black beast just as soon as I can work out how to do it.

jt

So far so good

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 08:27:52 PM »

Hello JT,

I am half a Horseman and compete Reining Horses for fun.  That and a Businessman with a fair sized Business.  I guess what I am getting around to saying is I am not the total Biker sort.  I ride reasonable miles, 200+ on Saturday, and 300+ kms on Sunday through the Brisbane Valley, and as it is my engine is RUNNING HOT.  Pulling up one place it even went to one cylinder lope overheated.

Like in 34 degree C weather yesterday, too hot... Mine comes with 255 cams from stock, and with the V&H and Race Tuner on board, things just tweaked for more fuel on the bottom end, very few Harleys can pull out and pass with me.  I am not sure I need any more ponies.  I would at least wait until it is well broke in and running cooler.  Right now at only 4000 kms, it is tight and too hot, and also too fast for those I ride with already.  When I pull out and pass five cars in one hit, I am waiting up for them for a while, my FLHX is already about the fastest HD around here...

I ride with "Bikers For Christ' and we try and befriend the Street People and Poor, to give them a Hand Up instead of just a Hand Out... Most HD's have a hard time keeping up with me now, course I do ride solo, not packing anyone with me...  Anyway, right now I do not feel the need for more, THIS SCOOTER IS AWESOME!  My seventh HD in forty years, and by far the best, fastest, and coolest looking.  

I may Black metalflake paint the Leg Warmers fairing, and chrome the upper leg tubes and bottom triple tree tin plate, for a chromed up front end completion.  A bit too much orange from the front, where it is more black from the side with the Inferno Orange to highlight it, and mostly black from the bak...  

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 08:49:27 PM by Cowboy2 »

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 09:50:22 PM »

Hey Cowboy2,

I'm not so much a horse reinman however I do have a few ponies on a few acres down on the Murray. I reckon I,m not so different to yourself and enjoy my weekend riding usually two up and putting on between 200-400kms almost every second weekend (when its not pissing with rain).I do most of my riding with one or two others in tow or just on our own and find that I need a few extra ponies on the odd occasion.
I have noticed that very hot sensation from the right side of the bike and have only just had the cat extracted, I pick the bike up this week (From Melb dealer) and have a 4 day ride planned up the east coast of NSW so will see if this has solved the hot leg problem.
I like the look of that curved screen you've got fitted, has it made much difference to the wind buffeting compared to the stock item?

Cheers JT
So far so good

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange / Black
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 06:55:39 AM »

Another Oz brother onboard - welcome - that's one mean motor you'll be running - where did you pick up your scoot - Harley City? Mine came from Harley Heaven - must admit at present I've all the ponies I need whilst I run the girl in - this is the fastest HD i've owned but you never know...............
Cheers
Glen
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 06:57:45 AM by glenpick »
"Be Thankful We're Not Getting All The Government We're Paying For"

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 07:38:06 PM »

G'day Glenpick,

Thanks,it's good to be on board.

Picked mine up at Harley Heaven last November and the boys in there were fantastic to deal with,actually I kind've fluked it really, the guy that had originally orderd it decided that he really didn,t want it and I just happened to be in the shop day before Melbourne Cup and bingo the rest is history.
I have added a few goodies(as we all do) just to suit my taste and the engine mods are just something I have always wanted to do to a Harley that could really handle the extra grunt and these baby's sure do all the right thing's when pushed into the curves and also stop like a motor cycle is supposed to stop.
I really like the curved Licence plate holder that your sporting on the rear fender,did it take much fitting and were did you get it from?
I have a 4 day trip to tour the east coast of NSW so I should get a few pic's that I can post on this site.

All the best JT
So far so good

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 08:51:46 PM »

Hey JT
Yes I bought mine from Rick at Harley Heaven at the same time - mine had been on order for a few months. I purchased the Kury curved plate holder from Brett in spares & it fitted fairly easily. Happy to help fit it if you go down the same path.

When I picked mine up there were 5 on the floor including 2 black / crimson - A pic below - I guess one of those is now your bike. I'll be getting Brett to order me the V&H Power Duel headers in the next few weeks to be fitted at my 1st service.

You should try to make it to the Vic Market on Wed nights as plenty of Harleys make it - would be great to catch up. I work weekends so I miss most of the events most go to.

Cheers
Glen.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 08:58:03 PM by glenpick »

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 11:10:16 PM »

Hello JT,

The curved windscreen, I forget what they call it, but it does offer a better feel on the front end.  It seems to make the bike track better, like let go and it just wants to track straight.  Maximum protection, and a better feel I think. 

On the kitty gone, good idea, it runs cooler.  However, it will run leaner and you have to get a race tuner to supply more fuel on the low end.  It makes a real difference.  Otherwise it is running too lean and hot, where now I have a stronger idle, more crack and cackle on the lower end, and more torque on take off.   When you open up the exhaust, you have to richen up the air fuel mix or you are too lean and underperforming on the lower end... And no Bloke wants that...  :2vrolijk_21:

I am thinking that the Orange and Black was not as popular as it should have been, because it is a bit too ORANGE from the front..  I am thinking about the bottom of the triple tree tin and slider tubes on the front end in chrome, and the leg warmer fairings is the Black Diamond to match the rest.  Then the bike is mostly black with the orange as trim accents and wind swept styling.  I think it will make it the Number One in looks...  The Green is too green tree frog and Old School is bad luck as green is go at an intersection..  The Black CVO is a bit too black.   With the mods I am thinking of, the black will have the good Old School HD Bar and Shield orange on the black as a go fast look on black.

More of the Black Diamond with the Orange sweeping back like this look from the back...

glenpick

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 02:13:37 AM »

Hey Cowboy
Hope you get those colour mods done - i reckon you're right with wanting to take a little more orange away.
Cheers
Glen.

Hello JT,

The curved windscreen, I forget what they call it, but it does offer a better feel on the front end.  It seems to make the bike track better, like let go and it just wants to track straight.  Maximum protection, and a better feel I think. 

On the kitty gone, good idea, it runs cooler.  However, it will run leaner and you have to get a race tuner to supply more fuel on the low end.  It makes a real difference.  Otherwise it is running too lean and hot, where now I have a stronger idle, more crack and cackle on the lower end, and more torque on take off.   When you open up the exhaust, you have to richen up the air fuel mix or you are too lean and underperforming on the lower end... And no Bloke wants that...  :2vrolijk_21:

I am thinking that the Orange and Black was not as popular as it should have been, because it is a bit too ORANGE from the front..  I am thinking about the bottom of the triple tree tin and slider tubes on the front end in chrome, and the leg warmer fairings is the Black Diamond to match the rest.  Then the bike is mostly black with the orange as trim accents and wind swept styling.  I think it will make it the Number One in looks...  The Green is too green tree frog and Old School is bad luck as green is go at an intersection..  The Black CVO is a bit too black.   With the mods I am thinking of, the black will have the good Old School HD Bar and Shield orange on the black as a go fast look on black.

More of the Black Diamond with the Orange sweeping back like this look from the back...

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 02:17:32 AM »

Hi Cowboy2,

I reckon your onto something there with the colour combo that you suggested. I would have gone the O&B as well but the Black Diamond fell into my hands by a good stroke of fate, the black and crimson work really well togeather its just a bugger to keep clean.
I cant wait to pick the big bugger up and see it with extra bits and pieces attached.
The fella's at HH fitted the SE tuner and have adjusted the tuning to suit the new exhaust mods,thanks for the heads up though.

I noted you said you give people a hand up not a hand out,do you care to elaborate on that a bit more? Just curious as I do the odd civil duty myself.

Please send some pics of your paint mods when you get around to doing them.

Ride Safe JT

So far so good

JT OZY

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 02:25:51 AM »

Hey Glen,

Your spot on,that Black Diamond on the floor sure is my beast and you have posted the first pic of it on this site,good on ya.

Brett does a good job of sellin that shiny HD stuff and Andy is the man that bolts it all on, ripper blokes in that store I reckon.

What goes on down the Vic markets of a Wed night? is it just a look and see kinda thing?
I'll be in Melb tomorrow to pick mine up from HH but probably be back home on the Murray come dark time.

Thanks for the pic Glen.
So far so good

dave29

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 01:48:06 PM »

For 110 motor mods call Steve at Fullsac. Can set you up with the right package and tune. Takes out all the guess work.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 05:42:25 PM »

ditto!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 06:40:15 PM »

Hi Cowboy2,

I noted you said you give people a hand up not a hand out,do you care to elaborate on that a bit more? Just curious as I do the odd civil duty myself.

Ride Safe JT

JT, Cowboy 2 here,

What I mean about the "Hand Up", is there is no reason to be poor in Australia for most of the Street People and Poor Families.  They have addictions or problems, whether it is drugs, alcohol, pokie machines, something is handicapping them.  Maybe it is psychological problems or money management problems. The point is if we can hang with them and gain their trust, after a while we can give them a Hand Up instead of just a Hand out at the Soup Kitchen or Food Bank or Breakfast in the Park...  They will not open up to the what they see as straight Church People "Waht could you know, you have neve done it tough" sort of an attitude.  But Bikers are sort of a halfway point, and sort of Folk Heroes.. We can use that to reach them. See my mission statement on www.bikersforchrist.org.au

As to Engine Mods, my 110 is so fast, so hot, I cannot see needing anymore power as I ride solo without a passenger.  I would only want more power if I was running a Drag Bike to race off hotted up Honda Gold Wings or the big 2500cc Trimph, and that is not me. I would not lower myself to drag off with them.... sort of what is the point.  There will always be faster and cheaper and smoother bikes, but they will not have the Soul of Harley Davidson.. :coolblue:
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 06:47:42 PM by Cowboy2 »
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 24 queries.