Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Just ordered 12" Yaffe Monkey Bars - Installing Advice?  (Read 45501 times)

citruscvo

• citruscvo

• CVO1: 2012 citrus orange - gunstock FHLXSE3
Re: Just ordered 12" Yaffe Monkey Bars - Installing Advice?
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2013, 12:55:53 AM »

ok dokey 12s it is.. and the heated grips , just sent a message to the installer urbancustomcycles of tacoma...thats where he was pushing me anyway thanks everyone...if it was winter i would brave the install but in washington warm days are precious moments and i am jonesin to get some bars....then lower the bike some..ideas ?? ride safe !!
  :2vrolijk_21:
Usually what you are looking for is right in front of you...

CVO Brian

• Full CVO Member
  • Baggers- Not just for grandpa anymore

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Orange and Black
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2013, 01:50:04 PM »

I use the Pringel 1" lower kit. It is by far the best one I have ever seen and used. It pushes the shock back and down as opposed to just back or just down. I run the standard air shock and Im 230lbs and wife is 5'9 130. I keep it set at 30psi without tour pack and 35 with and have never had any issues. Keep in Mind, I live in South Florida where all the roads are perfectly strait and smooth. No hills, no mountains and very few curves. What is good for me may not be good where you live. As far as the front, Progressive mono tube will lower you an inch and improve the brake dive considerable if your a heavy front braker. I am 80% rear braker so I used the Harley lower springs with heavy weight oil to lower and stiffen me up front.
If I lived up North , I agree with the rest of the guys and would have made suspension a top priority. But truth is I ride North once a year in Sturgis and to drop 2-3K on Suspension is not gonna happen for me.
Your gonna love those bars, I did. While the bars are off you may want to consider plugging the fairing mount worthless mirrors and going with some of the mirrors I have on my bikes they match the Yaffe bars perfect and still very visable.
V&H True Duals
Rinehart 4" Chrome Pipes
Trucklite ph 7 w/ passing lamps
Pollished front rotors
SE Race Tuner
SE Chisel Air Cleaner
Wild1 Chubby 578 10" Bars
TP Removal System
CVO SG Stretch Bags and Rear Fender
CVO SG 110 Derby Cover

citruscvo

• citruscvo

« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2013, 11:37:20 PM »

thanks for the advice brian...I was going to do some research "quick" and find out what else I should do with the fairing off..I just removed my lower leg fairings and I like it !! It cleans it up so you see more engine and fairing but I lose a little "punch" from my stereo..I thought wouldn't it be cool if the had another couple speaks that would go in place of the"worthless" fairing mirrors !! Or I need to upgrade the speaks..I miss the base punch allready.I dont listen to music at home..or in my car... but on my bike hell theres no damn phone to be a slave to..I like the montube idea for sure and yeah we got our share of potholes..My sis is in Naples down there somewhere got any biker friendly guys we could hook her up with in that area  ::)  never mind this forum is about bikes Id like to see a pic of yours if you get a chance...jb

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2013, 08:18:56 AM »

You're going to love the 12's. I'm 5'-8" with a 32/33 sleeve and they fit me perfect.

This was the best upgrade I've ever made on a motorcycle!

Last October I rode from St. Louis to Pensacola, FL. Round trip around 1800 miles. Way better than the stock feel that I rode to Yellowstone. That upper shoulder/neck stiffness you get. Gone!

GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

citruscvo

• citruscvo

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2013, 04:42:15 PM »

Great I'm sure I'm getting excited Mike I can't find any bars I just found a sitter brand-new on eBay and the guy says he's not sure if it's the CVo models or not. He's never had anybody asks that question. When I talk to Brady about two weeks ago he said the CVo models had a ground down spot or something for the master cylinder. Does anybody know anything about this I don't want to miss out on the bars If they are right Thanks guys

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2013, 11:41:25 PM »

I use the Pringel 1" lower kit. It is by far the best one I have ever seen and used. It pushes the shock back and down as opposed to just back or just down. I run the standard air shock and Im 230lbs and wife is 5'9 130. I keep it set at 30psi without tour pack and 35 with and have never had any issues. Keep in Mind, I live in South Florida where all the roads are perfectly strait and smooth. No hills, no mountains and very few curves. What is good for me may not be good where you live. As far as the front, Progressive mono tube will lower you an inch and improve the brake dive considerable if your a heavy front braker. I am 80% rear braker so I used the Harley lower springs with heavy weight oil to lower and stiffen me up front.
If I lived up North , I agree with the rest of the guys and would have made suspension a top priority. But truth is I ride North once a year in Sturgis and to drop 2-3K on Suspension is not gonna happen for me.
Your gonna love those bars, I did. While the bars are off you may want to consider plugging the fairing mount worthless mirrors and going with some of the mirrors I have on my bikes they match the Yaffe bars perfect and still very visable.

"Wife 5'-9" 130 Lbs"

I think you're just trying to rub it in!  ;D ;D
GMR 577 Cams, S & S Lifters, S & S Pushrods, V&H Headers, Rinehart 4” Slipons, TTS Tuner, 12" Yaffee Monkey Bars, Color Matched Chopped Tour Pak (510 HP and 763 TQ +/-)

CVO Brian

• Full CVO Member
  • Baggers- Not just for grandpa anymore

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Ultra Orange and Black
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2013, 10:39:21 PM »

Willy,

I would be rubbing it in if I posted a pic.  :2vrolijk_21:
V&H True Duals
Rinehart 4" Chrome Pipes
Trucklite ph 7 w/ passing lamps
Pollished front rotors
SE Race Tuner
SE Chisel Air Cleaner
Wild1 Chubby 578 10" Bars
TP Removal System
CVO SG Stretch Bags and Rear Fender
CVO SG 110 Derby Cover

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2013, 09:19:26 AM »

Willy,

I would be rubbing it in if I posted a pic.  :2vrolijk_21:
:D :D

citruscvo

• citruscvo

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2013, 11:31:34 AM »

willie what mirrors did you end up with...fairing or ?? my bars should be here this week and after the sun n surf at the ocean she goes in for the install.. pictures ? and you won't be rubbing anything in.. I like inspration !! :worthless:

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2013, 07:04:29 PM »

With the 12's I am using the stock mirror withouts any visibility issues. I'm 5'-8" tall.

citruscvo

• citruscvo

« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2013, 12:32:11 AM »

allrighty then bike in the shop getting the 12inch MBB's going to try a set OF PM teardrop fairing mirrors first...really thinking about having it dropped an inch with the progressive/monotube setup..hmmm..will post a pic of the citrus-cvo soon !! im excited and so is my back for this upgrade and attidude !

willyB

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2013, 08:08:15 AM »

:worthless: Can't wait to see the results!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 10:07:18 AM by willyB »

citruscvo

• citruscvo

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2013, 09:46:55 AM »

SHOWSTOPPER !   Ok I just got a call from the installer and they said the 12 inch MBBs I got off ebay "new in box" wont fit...the left side bar needs to be ground down to accept fitment of the hydraulic master for the clutch. They called Brady at yaffee and he said 3 month backorder for this bar needs to be exact for the cvo model !!..I had contacted some of you guys that had bought bars even off ebay and had no problems..I dont git it ??  did they make a diffferent clutch master in 12?   any thoughts guys !!   :oops:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2013, 09:55:14 AM »

SHOWSTOPPER !   Ok I just got a call from the installer and they said the 12 inch MBBs I got off ebay "new in box" wont fit...the left side bar needs to be ground down to accept fitment of the hydraulic master for the clutch. They called Brady at yaffee and he said 3 month backorder for this bar needs to be exact for the cvo model !!..I had contacted some of you guys that had bought bars even off ebay and had no problems..I dont git it ??  did they make a diffferent clutch master in 12?   any thoughts guys !!   :oops:
Yaffee makes a cool looking bar but he is an a**hole and I have seen to many quality issues from ppl that have them mounted. Good luck...

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

lowriderlou

• Senior CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2013, 04:12:00 PM »

Try Eastern Performance, http://www.easternperformance.com/.  I ordered my 12 inch MBBs from them back in Feb.  Great price and service.

Good luck, Lou
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.