Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Harley Davidson Richmond Indiana Owner Dies.  (Read 3010 times)

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Harley Davidson Richmond Indiana Owner Dies.
« on: September 13, 2015, 05:53:44 PM »

George A. Shade

George A. Shade, age 73, of New Madison, Ohio, passed away on Tuesday, August 11, 2015 at his residence. He was born on Dec. 20, 1941 in Darke County, Ohio, to the late Carl & Mildred (Young) Shade.

He graduated from Ansonia High School in 1959. He was employed at McCalls and Newsweek Magazine in Dayton prior to opening the Harley Davidson Dealership in Richmond, IN in 1976. He was a life member of Treaty City Motorcycle Club, Harley Owners Group and the White Water Valley Hog Chapter. The loves of his life besides his family were farming and riding his motorcycle.

He is survived by his wife of 51 years, Louise A. (Klinger) Shade; son, Greg Shade of Russia; daughter, Kim (Jon) Keller of Arcanum; brothers, Kent Shade of Toledo and Michael (Linda) Shade of South Carolina; sisters, Carol (Roy) Burnett of Rhode Island and Donna (Robert) Herron of Greenville; as well as numerous nieces and nephews.

There will be a private service held at the convenience of the family. Arrangements are under the direction of Zechar Bailey Funeral Home, Greenville, Ohio.

It is the wishes of the family that memorial contributions be given to the Darke County Cancer Association

George was a very friendly guy and a huge land owner in Darke County.  I only knew George for 30 of his 73 years, but I can tell you he was a great individual and was always ready to lend a helping hand.

Please say a prayer for George as he ended his life by his own hand, which is very hard to understand.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
Re: Harley Davidson Richmond Indiana Owner Dies.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 06:05:03 PM »

Rest in pease George.

He was one of the good ones.....always took the time to make you feel special and was always very appreciative when we would stop in.

He will be missed.

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 06:57:07 PM »

It's never easy to say goodbye to an old friend.  And it's even harder when they take their own life.  I've known a few who have chosen that route, and it's a difficult thing to get your mind around.
My condolences to the family.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

longlast

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 06:45:31 PM »

Really do not like this column.

R.I.P. George

ChuckB

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 05:24:12 AM »

Sad.. RIP George

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 25 queries.