Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Watch a loved one crash...  (Read 6523 times)

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
Re: Watch a loved one crash...
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 03:43:08 PM »

Is it awful that I was somewhat relieved when my son told me he didn't want to spend the money right now on a bike. He was talking about getting one of them darned crotch rockets. He lives in Houston which is probably the most dangerous roads in the world for a motorcycle. I was having nightmares about some road rager running over him.

I can only imagine the horror of seeing my son....or daughter going down on a bike.

dayne66

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • BC

• CVO1: '12 Ruby/Typhoon SG
    • CVO2: '15 Superior Blue FLD Switchback
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 03:48:32 PM »

A few weeks ago I saw my Wife go 'over'....hit the pothole going very slow. She came out virtually unscathed.....bike not too bad....it's been traded on a FLD.

She hated gravel before......
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." Socrates

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 07:26:35 PM »

A few weeks ago I saw my Wife go 'over'....hit the pothole going very slow. She came out virtually unscathed.....bike not too bad....it's been traded on a FLD.

She hated gravel before......

:nixweiss:
If she managed to hit the Pothole shown in the picture,  she was way off the roadway in doing so........Glad to hear she came out OK,  but there must be more to the story if indeed she ventured off of the "beaten path" and managed to encounter what appears to be the only pothole around. :-\

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 09:01:08 PM »

Hey, Harleychef,

I won't re-hash the details of my experience, but I'll direct you to the thread where I tell about it:

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=102847.0

Long story short...I lost my wife in a MC accident.  It was without a doubt the most traumatic event God's ever allowed me to go thru.  I was scared to death to get back in the saddle, especially with a passenger behind me.  But it was the best thing for me where riding was concerned and now I've got 3,500 miles on a 4 month old new CVO, which is more miles than I've ridden in years, and I'm loving it again. 
If you'll read my thread above, you'll see that a very respected counselor told me it was the best thing I could do for myself.  That may or may not be true for everyone in their life's situation, but it was good advice for me.
I've always pushed myself to try and do new things.  Never could understand why...but I do.  But this was the biggest and scariest push I'd ever put my self thru, and I'm so glad I did it and so is my new wife.
I realize my story is different than you or your sons or your wife's, and I get that.  In the end, each person must decide for themselves what is important to them and how much they can put themselves through.  I feel for you, brother, and I'll be praying that the right decisions will be made and that God's hand of protection will follow you and your family.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.