Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2011 BCM Body Control Module Recall (Specifically) who's done it so far????  (Read 6476 times)

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3

2 weeks ago I made an appointment to get mine swapped out for the recall.  yesterday went in and they said they didn't have the part.  they said though Harley recognizes there is a problem and actually sent out notices (in February remember???) the new part hadn't actually been made just yet.................When they asked me where I bought the bike and I said another city, they said that other city must have the part because that is how Harley does things.  Whatt??? sounds like somebody missed ordering the part and now buck passing.  Why would Harley do that??  People move after they buy bikes and why would they just automatically send a recall part anywhere??  Just confused the picture and makes dealerships go on a treasure hunt.   Read sentence in bold again, please............So I said call them up and I want to know if my part is at that other city and want it shipped down here.  They took my name and asked if my bike has alarm system.........I said it only comes one way; with an alarm system.  They did and found out it wasn't there but they had bought 5 generic (???) bcm's in preparation for the recall.  I asked aren't these things model specific??:  they said yes.  So, what is this guy doing with a bunch of generic bcm's???  So, the counter guy said he will send info to Harley and get my recall part.
Can sympathize with those that don't want to take their bikes back to dealers........for anything!  Quite often get a run-around.  Will keep the forum posted.   Pork.

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC

my service manager informed me that the bcm comes in VIN specific, just got my bike back friday night, apparently there was a problem with the throttle control module, which they replaced.....
but still have not got a recall notice from harley davidson australia even though the  BCM was sent to my dealer..... go figure huh.

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3

Well,today I took another day off from work to have the .2 shop hour job performed.  4 hours later I was told the part they received was an incorrect part from harley.  Now they are ordering the correct part.  the right part ends in 5 and they sent a part ending in 4.  They ordered a 'base' unit and instead need a 'world' unit.  Who's driving the bus, anyway????  Got my part installed and they couldn't program my fob for the security system.  After a call to Harley, the problem is mine again for a couple weeks.  This is getting to be more of a pain in the arse than a help to me.  Will have 8 hours invested in this before long.  Anybody else doing this headache?? 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2

I feel your pain, but I've got to say this farce doesn't surprise me.  It's been pretty much the same sort of thing with every new piece of technology Harley has borrowed from the automotive world and added to the bikes.  Be thankful they are just borrowing the technology and not trying to invent it from scratch.  You'd be lucky to have a bike that still runs.

Jerry

BTW, when you get tired of the BS and runaround, look at the instructions on your recall letter and contact the NHTSA about the failure of H-D and your dealer to perform a timely repair in this SAFETY recall.  That might stir up a response.

OWNERS MAY ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S VEHICLE SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), OR GO TO http://HTTP://WWW.SAFERCAR.GOV .
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 05:02:33 PM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Razor

• RAZOR
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010.5 FLHTCUSE5/BLK- #008
    • CVO2: 2011 FLSTSE2

Ive had my bike just quit on two occasions for no apparent reason and luckally it wasn't at a time that caused a dangerous situation. After reading this topic I copied the notice and sent it to my dealer but they told me it didn't include my bike. They could not explain the loss of power.
RAZOR
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.