Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Docking covers for 2012 CVO Convertible.  (Read 2552 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Docking covers for 2012 CVO Convertible.
« on: April 01, 2013, 11:18:05 AM »

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if there is any chrome covers available to cover the front fairing and rear saddlebag docking points on the 2012 CVO Convertible?
They look so dam ugly when riding solo!

Thanks,
Charlie
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
Re: Docking covers for 2012 CVO Convertible.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 01:48:30 PM »

48220-10  large chrome docking point covers.   You will need 2 sets for the rear.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448772513&default=none

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:33:13 PM »

48220-10  large chrome docking point covers.   You will need 2 sets for the rear.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448772513&default=none

Thanks,
I checked with HD and they said the Large size is not long enough to fit the rear with the detachable saddlebags and backrest!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 11:55:57 AM »

True they do not cover it completely there is about a 1/4 gap, but they still look good and a lot better than nothing.  IMHO   They just pop on and off as they have a magnet in the tip to keep them on.  It is worth the small cost. 

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 12:04:10 PM »

True they do not cover it completely there is about a 1/4 gap, but they still look good and a lot better than nothing.  IMHO   They just pop on and off as they have a magnet in the tip to keep them on.  It is worth the small cost. 
Thanks, and as you say, its got to look better!

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 06:12:19 PM »

I have them on my 2011 ConV and as previously posted they do not cover the rear lugs completely but they look far better than no cover at all.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »

I have them on my 2011 ConV and as previously posted they do not cover the rear lugs completely but they look far better than no cover at all.
Hi Jasray,
Any chance you could post a couple of photos?
Thanks,
Charlie

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 09:56:39 AM »

Charlie, probably not unless I can find an old photo.  Due to past issues I have had with my bags falling off, I secure my saddlebag supports with black cable ties, so right now its all tied up and secure waiting for some Spring riding time.  I will check my past photo's and see if I have something to post.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2013, 10:09:06 AM »

Charlie, probably not unless I can find an old photo.  Due to past issues I have had with my bags falling off, I secure my saddlebag supports with black cable ties, so right now its all tied up and secure waiting for some Spring riding time.  I will check my past photo's and see if I have something to post.
No Problem Jasray, Thanks anyway, going to give them a go! got to look better than nothing hey!

Pewter

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2013, 04:54:48 PM »

I tried them on my 2012 CVO Conertible without much success as shown in the photo.

Pewter

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 04:56:35 PM »

Another photo of the covers. The ones I had do not go on anywhere near far enough. I am fairly sure these are the long ones as they had shorter ones in the shop.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:59:06 PM by Pewter »

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2013, 09:27:55 PM »

Thanks Pewter,
Thats a great help, they do look very short! ill have to pop into HD at the weekend and see if they have a solution!
Cheers,
Charlie

Blackhawk

• How do you clear your mind between meetings: wind in my face at 60mph and a rumble between my legs.

• CVO1: 2012 Softail Convertable
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 10:00:58 PM »

Boy, there is something for everything.  Would never have thought to cover those.  I am still trying to find something nice to use for the screw hole for the passenger seat in the middle of the fender.

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »

Hot topper..

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 11:28:59 PM »

HD do toppers for most things but usually ones that are universal to the stock range rather than cvo specific!

Page created in 0.16 seconds with 25 queries.