Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: Air filter for SESG  (Read 3045 times)

sobercvo

Air filter for SESG
« on: March 03, 2010, 09:50:11 PM »

Have had no luck locating a washable air filter. Tried both K&N and Arlen Ness. Nothing so far. Anybody find anything to replace the paperfilter on the bike ? Any help is appreciated.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Air filter for SESG
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 09:00:40 AM »

What did K&N say?  A couple of months ago they said that they were working on one that should be out shortly.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

sobercvo

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 10:01:03 AM »

They gave me a part number RK 3930 which apparently works on the ultra SE and several other 96 cube engines, but not the SESG. I imagine they are working on one but that isn't what the rep emailed me. The plain truth is a wonderful thing.

sobercvo

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 10:10:47 AM »

Just talked with K&N. They have no plans for a filter for the SESG. He said the best way to get one started would be to go to the K&N website and recommend one be made for this model. Please do so as soon as possible so we can stop using the HD paper version. Thanks. Jim

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 02:58:28 PM »

Just talked with K&N. They have no plans for a filte He said the best way to get one started would be to go to the K&N website and recommend one be made for this modelr for the SESG.. Please do so as soon as possible so we can stop using the HD paper version. Thanks. Jim

Click on this link for the K&N web site contact page......  http://www.knfilters.com/contact.htm

Be sure that you mention it's for a 2010 FLHXSE Screamin Eagle Street Glide and the 2009 FLTRSE3 Screamin Eagle Road Glide  (I believe we're the only two models that use this filter, so far).

I've already sent an email. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 04:39:31 PM »

Done........
Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

CVOStreetglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Street Glide (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO Street Glide (Sold) CVO4: 2006 VRXSE DESTROYER (Sold)
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 04:59:05 PM »

What did K&N say?  A couple of months ago they said that they were working on one that should be out shortly.

I just got off the phone with the tech guys. They haven't even started on one for our bikes. They may consider it later but consider it as a very limied run. So we are waisting our time filling up the suggestion box (I have done it 4 times I know so far). i doubt we'll see one...ever.

They did promise to discuss it again and send me a email so we'll see.  

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 09:13:39 PM »

I just got off the phone with the tech guys. They haven't even started on one for our bikes. They may consider it later but consider it as a very limied run. So we are waisting our time filling up the suggestion box (I have done it 4 times I know so far). i doubt we'll see one...ever.

They did promise to discuss it again and send me a email so we'll see.  

They'll make one sooner or later.  The MoCo isn't done with that style of filter......it'll be on another model or two in 11.  The more models that come out with that style of filter, then K&N will have a change of heart.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 09:17:01 PM »

Try these two links to request items:

SERG:   http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx?yr=2009&mk=HARLEY%20DAVIDSON&md=FLTRSE3%20CVO%20Road%20Glide&en=1800

SESG:   http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx?yr=2010&mk=HARLEY%20DAVIDSON&md=FLHXSE%20CVO%20Street%20Glide&en=1803

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.....that makes it convenient.

Interesting that I was told a few weeks back (may have been two months now) that they were working on one and now they're saying it's not happening.  But, we all know the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Part of K&N's resistance to produce one may be the fact that by design our air cleaners flow more air than the typical HD air cleaner.  I mean ours are already wide open. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE in Candy Concord
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 10:34:32 PM »

Part of K&N's resistance to produce one may be the fact that by design our air cleaners flow more air than the typical HD air cleaner.  I mean ours are already wide open. :nixweiss:

Mabe so, but it isn't washable and reusable.  I also think the K&N filters look better in exposed element intakes.  :carrot:
"Don't blame me....I didn't vote for him!"

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 11:53:22 AM »

Mabe so, but it isn't washable and reusable.  I also think the K&N filters look better in exposed element intakes.  :carrot:

So did you click on the link that Jerry provided above and send it off to K&N? :nixweiss:  I got my reply from them this morning......that was quick!

West Coast GTG   

WestCoastRuss

• 1K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2014 FXSBSE Sedona Sand
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 05:48:22 PM »

Here is the note from K&N I received:

Hello Russ,

Thank you for your interest in K&N Products. I am sorry to say that K&N does not offer an air filter for your vehicle, at this time. If you would like to request that product be built for your vehicle please click the provided link, http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx. If you have any further questions please call our Customer Support at 1(800)858-3333. Have a great day.

Thomas Walden

Technical Support &

Sports Marketing

800-858-3333

Tequila makes her clothes fall off....

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE in Candy Concord
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 08:04:49 PM »

So did you click on the link that Jerry provided above and send it off to K&N? :nixweiss:  I got my reply from them this morning......that was quick!

I did not use the provided link, but I did go to K&N's website and filled out the form to suggest they make a filter for my bike...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:06:27 PM by ScreaminStreetGlide »
"Don't blame me....I didn't vote for him!"

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 09:56:06 PM »

I did not use the provided link, but I did go to K&N's website and filled out the form to suggest they make a filter for my bike...

That's the link posted above (request to have a filter made).  You got a reply from them, didn't you?

West Coast GTG   

sobercvo

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 09:54:13 AM »

I just sent an email to all of my friends asking them to request this K&N air filter be manufactured. Hope it helps.
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.