Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FLHXSE Floor boards  (Read 3813 times)

paprgod

• Ridin' Harleys for 33 of my 49 years.

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Black & Blacker
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCU
    • CVO3: 1977 XLCR
FLHXSE Floor boards
« on: March 13, 2010, 02:28:06 AM »

Hello CVO Group !

I just found this forum a few days ago and joined to learn from fellow riders about these bikes.  I've been riding for longer than I care to recount and for the last 4 years or so, I've been on Ultra Classics (an '06 & an '09).  Like many of you, I just "happened to be in the dealership" this past Christmas and saw the bike that I always wanted.  I hemmed and hawwed for 2 days trying to decide how I'd justify it to my wife before I finally went over to buy it.  Of course, it was gone when I got there.  Two weeks and tons of searching later, I found another and that is the Spiced Rum '10 FLHXSE that I'm riding these days.  I completely love the bike, but the Mrs., after the smoke cleared and she finally got her a$$ on it, isn't real happy with the passenger pegs and has asked me to put floor boards back there like the "big bike".

My question;  Do the passenger floor boards match from the FLHTCUSE5 and will they fit properly?

Thanks in advance for the 411.  This forum seems very cool and full of CVO addicts so I'll be around as long as you'll take me.

Ciao for now,

PG
2012 FLHXSE3

scotr

• Scotr
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Street Glide CVO Spiced Rum
Re: FLHXSE Floor boards
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 06:07:34 AM »

I put the matching floorboards on my Scotr (local stealer will have). They were 500.00. Then i bought the 360 degree highway peg mounts and use the stock pegs. Very nice setup. I have them close to the floorboards so i can relly spread out on the highway.

Scotr
Life Is Good!
The Scotr,
Fullsac performance x pipe
Andrews 54 cams
Vance & Hines Basic slip ons
Hogtunes and upgraded speakers
XM listening pleasures
Screamin Eagle chrome shifter
Eagle Talon kickstand
Kuryakin 9182 license frame

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:26:05 AM »

My parts guy saved me some money by ordering the CVO inserts but using the non-adjustable chrome floorboard mounts. Looks/works great.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 10:33:00 AM »

If she's just wanting more options to move her feet around, you might consider these (and they're compatable with floorboards).....    http://www.kuryakyn.com/index.cfm/go/Home.ProductDetail/catID/10/scID/20/IMID/1596
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

DABB

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Spicy
    • CVO2: Waiting for a yellow Ultra
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 10:35:41 AM »

Welcome by the way!  Great color choice, we would love pictures.
I am a man of simple tastes, easily satisfied with the best.

04se103

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 10:51:05 AM »

Welcome to the site paprgod when you can go over to the New Member Introduction and start a thread and Introduce yourself over there and post some picture's of your bike  :2vrolijk_21:

paprgod

• Ridin' Harleys for 33 of my 49 years.

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 - Black & Blacker
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCU
    • CVO3: 1977 XLCR
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 12:25:18 AM »

Thanks for the responses.  I'll upload some shots of my CVO A.S.A.P.  Unfortunately, my wife's Grandmother passed a few days ago so I'm looking at a 1,600 mile round trip for the funeral over the next few days and won't have a ton of time for much else.

I got a price for everything that makes up the passenger boards on the CVO Ultra from my local dealer (Thunder Creek HD in Chattanooga TN) and it came out to $852.00.  Now, like all of you, I'm not exactly tight fisted when it comes to my transportation choices, but give a guy a break, would you ??  $850 clams so the wife doesn't feel like her a$$ is gonna hit the pavement anytime soon ??

Now that I think about it, the silence gained makes it a bargain.

Scotr, do you have a photo with those boards on yours?  Do they match exactly and fit/look like factory?

Thanks again guys,

PG
2012 FLHXSE3

04se103

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 12:38:01 AM »

Thanks for the responses.  I'll upload some shots of my CVO A.S.A.P.  Unfortunately, my wife's Grandmother passed a few days ago so I'm looking at a 1,600 mile round trip for the funeral over the next few days and won't have a ton of time for much else.

I got a price for everything that makes up the passenger boards on the CVO Ultra from my local dealer (Thunder Creek HD in Chattanooga TN) and it came out to $852.00.  Now, like all of you, I'm not exactly tight fisted when it comes to my transportation choices, but give a guy a break, would you ??  $850 clams so the wife doesn't feel like her a$$ is gonna hit the pavement anytime soon ??

Scotr, do you have a photo with those boards on yours?  Do they match exactly and fit/look like factory?

Thanks again guys,

PG
  Give Jenni a call 20% off Dealer http://www.tri-countyharleydavidson.com/miscpage_005.asp

scotr

• Scotr
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Street Glide CVO Spiced Rum
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 07:47:06 AM »

They are HD and the board and the insert match the front floorboards. Your dealer should be able to look up. My stealer had the board in stock but had to order the insert. They wwere 500.00 with the 20% off.

Scotr
Life Is Good!
The Scotr,
Fullsac performance x pipe
Andrews 54 cams
Vance & Hines Basic slip ons
Hogtunes and upgraded speakers
XM listening pleasures
Screamin Eagle chrome shifter
Eagle Talon kickstand
Kuryakin 9182 license frame

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »

Thanks again guys,

PG

I had my dealer include the Street Glide Streamliner boards and then just changed the Rumble inserts?
I think ordering the Streamliners reduces the cost overall
Here's the CVO Rumble collection Part numbers:

Adjustable Highway Peg Mounting Kit- Short Angled                     50830-07
50351-03    Mount, footpeg support  $16.84 ea
51453-09    Footpeg Body               $42.67 ea
51459-09    Footpeg Tread              $19.96 ea
94409-03    Screw                         $ 1.14 ea
45041-01A  Clevis Pin                     $ 2.56 ea
50912-72    Spring Washer              $ 2.60 ea
11304        Ring, Retaining              $   .40 ea

The following are the part numbers for the swept wing (passenger) rumble collection footboard inserts:
Assy Rumble Footboard, Psngr        (insert)                                   51510-09   MSRP - $109.09 each
Assy Rumble Footboard, Psngr        (insert)                                   51502-09

Kit, Passenger Footboard               (pans)                                      50357-04
Chrome Footboard Brackets            (pan mount to frame)               53070-00
50768-07
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

Page created in 0.19 seconds with 21 queries.