Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Author Topic: Cycle Rama 575 Cams, TTS And Fullsacs Dyno Sheet, Updated With SuperTrapp's.  (Read 67333 times)

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member

i suppose the new 103 has bout the same spring pressure too.

Nope that has been my point all along
7mm valves are much smaller and lighter. They weigh about the same as a hollow stem same sized 5/16" valve. Your 103" has beehive springs that are ~135# on the seat.

trahog

• Elite CVO Member
  • Living life
    • FL

• CVO1: 2000 screaming eagle road glide
    • CVO2: 2005 screaming eagle v-rod 2009 cvo road Glide 2011cvo street glide
    • CVO3: 2015 cvo street glide

Happyman i have a v-rod i'll sell you no noise at all,Just giving you some chit call me some time ,going to bike week next month

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

"Two wrongs don't make a right"
Weak springs + high lift fast cams = premature valve seat wear. :'(
John
Had a shop drop off a set of heads,that were run with hi-lift fast cams.I need to replace 2 cracked intake seats(2/3 around,both moved as well),and 1 exhaust seat that moved.
From what I could tell,it looks like quality(Crane silver keeper Springs + .030" shims on intake,springs,no shims exhaust).One good exhaust was in at 2.010".Can't tell exact intake protrusion(est. 2.010"the same).Looks like valve job is Sunnen VGS radius cutters,with a generous(width)top angle.Spring at 1.790" = 135 lbs.
I'm NOT KNOCKING any specific cam/s,or even ones discussed on these forms.
I see stuff on a Spintron that makes me pee myself.
Also,it's easy to miss a shift,spin a tire,etc.(we've all done it),and have the same thing happen.
I couldn't get the pictures to come out any better.I still think you can see the problems.
John

johnsachs

• Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member

The second picture.
John

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

wow  that is a beating

jimp

• Senior CVO Member

With the seat material of today's valve seats and correct ratio of valve size to seat diameter Impact failure is non existent

These cams have advance lobe profiles. Shorter set timing with a very slow initial opening
  then ramp up fast to stop reversion, then a slow closing to build more port velocity
  and better cylinder fill. This also makes its easier on the valve train components,
  and gives them a very broad range of operational efficiency.

The Spec's are

CR575
Intake       open  15                close    35        .575 lift     100LC   22 overlap
Ex.           open  49                close    7          .560 lift     111LC     105.5 LSA

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

looks like a cam that may be ok  for a bagger. what kind of compression does this cam like? the differant lift on the exhaust catches my eye also. have another cam to look at now.

jimp

• Senior CVO Member

This was emailed to me, it was found on a forum.

I have owned a 2007, 08, 09 & now a 2010LTD (all Ultras) & I tried various cams (26s,54s,37s,557s,570s,55s,) headwork & pipes. Of all the cams, the 26s were the friendliest with the 54s doing a pretty good job but needed headwork & Increased compression. After spending lots of $$$ & searching for the perfect built, I am there. My research after talking to Mike Stegman (Latus HD) concerning the stroker motors, taller gearing with the six speeds, I ended with up some good answers. He said the perfect cam for the heavy 07 & up touring bike would be a high lift, short duration cam. Some like the SE255s but I think it still causes the motor to run a little to hot. Mike agreed. Mike said to look for a cam kinda like the 26s but hi lift. I also wanted a bolt in for my 2010 LTD with the 103.I did not want to build the engine, no increased comp, no headwork, no bottom end worries.............Found it!!!!!  Wes Brown at Cycle-Rama has designed a cam for my bike. It should also work well in a 96.The specs are
  as follows:.575 lift(intake) .560 lift(exhaust)  15/35 (in) 49/7 (ex)  230-236 duration    100-111   105.5 LSA
I have not had it tuned yet. I will tell you with only a K&N,D&D Boss & a canned map from my TTS that, It pulls harder down low & lower than any previous build.My 09/103 with R&R cnc heads, Supertrapp 2:1,cp pistons did run very well. But it did not have the off idle power this bike has.

happyman

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

This was emailed to me, it was found on a forum.

can you tell me what the  ccp is on your 103?    that is something i would like to know..
you did say you just bolt yours in no hreadwork or HG to alter anything  just a stock motor with a cam install.
Thanks

harleyguynv

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SEUC Red & Black

After talking to Wes at Cycle Rama I bought a set of 575's and installed them today. I did not touch the heads, just a straight bolt in. I am going to take her out tomorrow and see how it feels with seat of the pants dyno. From what I can tell at this point they are less noisy than the 255's.  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:20:41 PM by harleyguynv »

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Cycle Rama 575 Cams, TTS And Fullsacs Dyno Sheet, Updated With SuperTrapp's.
« Reply #115 on: February 08, 2010, 07:17:44 PM »

Wes sent me a email today, that he has bored out a stock throttle body to 54mm to try on the bike. As soon as its installed I will post a updated dyno chart.

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
Re: Cycle Rama 575 Cams, TTS And Fullsacs Dyno Sheet, Updated With SuperTrapp's.
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2010, 07:19:15 AM »

JIM !     Hope all goes well with this upgrade.    Doc

HDDOCFL

• 1K CVO Member
  • Never Say Never
« Reply #117 on: February 19, 2010, 09:28:32 AM »

Wes sent me a email today, that he has bored out a stock throttle body to 54mm to try on the bike. As soon as its installed I will post a updated dyno chart.

Jim you get this intake on and run?   Doc

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2010, 08:38:20 PM »

Jim you get this intake on and run?   Doc

Wes got backed up with work, so I am on the back burner.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 09:09:04 PM by jimp »

FLTRI

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: February 21, 2010, 09:53:35 PM »

Those numbers look about right after a good tune.
Bob
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.