Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: 2015 RGU: I'm Blue... So Blue...  (Read 61886 times)

03Lightningrocks

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2013 Road King
    • HVAC
Re: 2015 RGU: I'm Blue... So Blue...
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2015, 05:00:19 PM »

Type the number into the search feature on their site. It works.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2015, 06:28:15 AM »

Type the number into the search feature on their site. It works.

That's what I did. If you look at the screen shot I posted, it shows the exact number.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2015, 03:00:21 PM »

I had posted about the Suspension Technologies shocks I had on my '09 SE Road Glide.  Mike Alex, owner of Suspension Technologies was kind enough to remake and update the shocks to 13" to fit the Ultra, at no charge!  I have just enough time to road test them before leaving for Colorado.  Will update after a good Road test.    :coolblue: 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2015, 08:26:04 PM »

Very nice, good shocks are a huge improvement on these bikes.  The stock air shocks leave lots to be desired.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

RGlideKid

• 1K CVO Member
  • Riding Since 1972
    • AR

• CVO1: 2011 CVO RGU...sold
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO RGU
    • Bull Shoals Photography
« Reply #184 on: July 04, 2015, 01:26:37 AM »

Sounds like a happy ending and I'm really glad for you, Greg. 
Life can change in just a second or two, but it looks like it ended up being a pretty good change for you!  The main thing is, you can still ride and no long term negative effects to you!  That accident could have been a lot worse, but your caution and riding skills paid off.  A lesson for all of us to learn from.  Thanks for sharing.
Harry
2017 Eureka Springs MITM Ride Chairman
Check out my photo gallery at:  RGlideKid's Galleries at Bull Shoals Photography

2015 CVO RGU with V&H Power Pro Headers & 4" Monster Rounds & HD-SEPST
2007 Bushtec Turbo+2 Trailer

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #185 on: August 05, 2015, 12:38:38 PM »

Suspension Update

This took awhile but I've completed my suspension upgrades.  I had spoken with and emailed repeatedly with Progressive Suspension here in So Cal trying to get them to confirm their 2015 Touring Monotubes would fit.  For whatever reason, they were hesitant to confirm but finally did. Revzilla made good on its price match policy and I installed them a couple weeks ago.  With the Suspension Technologies shocks in the rear, I believe I've got it dialed in.

I rode to Ouray, CO and back with only the shocks upgraded and would not recommend such a setup though the shocks are very good.  When the rear suspension is more responsive than the front, you feel the difference, especially in high speed turns / sweepers. That difference can actually be a bit unsettling.  With both, the bike feels more confident.  It's not the night and day difference that I got on my '09 SERG because the current front end is much better. But I can enthusiastically recommend this setup.  My biggest complaint about the stock front end was that I would feel the front tire slapping the pavement on our poorly maintained to California freeways. That is now gone.  Caveat:  If you are looking for an ultra plush ride, this setup is not for you. It is definitely firmer on surface streets though not uncomfortable at all.  In the twisties and on the highway, it's significantly better than stock.   

I'm at a loss to understand why some spend three times the $$ on their suspensions but to each their own.  One of my friends with a '15 CVO Limited test rode my RGU last night and said the suspension is perfect.  He might know as he was a motor cop for 17 years and has ridden a multitude of touring bikes.  I'm still blue... but happy! 

By the way:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2016, 10:41:28 AM »

5,000 more trouble free miles.  15,000 mile service and tires at 14,700 for a club ride to Tombstone, AZ.  Upon arrival, find missing wheel weights and dents from inside front fender dinging fender paint.   :nervous:   Forgot to go with dyna beads!  Had issues documented and front tire rebalanced at Sierra Vista HD.  Otherwise, bike runs great for 1,500 mile trip. 

Start bike at home to take to dealer for new fender and motor sounds like there are shards of glass in top end!    :o    Lifters and cams replaced under warranty at 16,400 and HD supplying new fender and reimbursement for Sierra Vista bill.  Not a pleasant experience but dealer and HD did the right things. Dealer flushed all fluids and replaced with HD Synn3.  Motor is noticeably quieter and clutch feels much better and more gradual.  Mechanic has long  touted HD oil over Amsoil / Mobil 1 which I had preferred.  I think I finally believe him.   :coolblue:   

Sawyer Brown

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #187 on: February 19, 2016, 10:44:15 AM »

Fender ding (1 of 2):

Sawyer Brown

FlaHeatWave

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '01 FXDWG2 RED 103 6sp
    • CVO2: '05 FLHTCSE2 CHERRY
    • CVO3: '09 FLTRSE3 YELLOW 117/DD7
« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2016, 04:03:56 PM »

Suspension Update

This took awhile but I've completed my suspension upgrades.  I had spoken with and emailed repeatedly with Progressive Suspension here in So Cal trying to get them to confirm their 2015 Touring Monotubes would fit.  For whatever reason, they were hesitant to confirm but finally did. Revzilla made good on its price match policy and I installed them a couple weeks ago.  With the Suspension Technologies shocks in the rear, I believe I've got it dialed in.

I rode to Ouray, CO and back with only the shocks upgraded and would not recommend such a setup though the shocks are very good.  When the rear suspension is more responsive than the front, you feel the difference, especially in high speed turns / sweepers. That difference can actually be a bit unsettling.  With both, the bike feels more confident.  It's not the night and day difference that I got on my '09 SERG because the current front end is much better. But I can enthusiastically recommend this setup.  My biggest complaint about the stock front end was that I would feel the front tire slapping the pavement on our poorly maintained to California freeways. That is now gone.  Caveat:  If you are looking for an ultra plush ride, this setup is not for you. It is definitely firmer on surface streets though not uncomfortable at all.  In the twisties and on the highway, it's significantly better than stock.   

I'm at a loss to understand why some spend three times the $$ on their suspensions but to each their own.  One of my friends with a '15 CVO Limited test rode my RGU last night and said the suspension is perfect.  He might know as he was a motor cop for 17 years and has ridden a multitude of touring bikes.  I'm still blue... but happy! 

By the way:

For any good / great suspension, the front & rear have to play well together...

That is an awesome bike :2vrolijk_21: 'Glad to see that you are enjoying it :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Ed
"I've read dozens of books about heros and crooks, and learned much from both of their styles"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 24 queries.