Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: 2015 RGU: I'm Blue... So Blue...  (Read 62017 times)

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
Re: 2015 RGU: I'm Blue... So Blue...
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2015, 03:29:59 PM »

Glad you weren't hurt Greg.  But congratulations on the new ride.

If it's like mine, then you're just not going to need much mods......it should be good to go the way it is.  It'll sure spoil you! :2vrolijk_21:

Now I must have missed something along the way.....where did the red truck come from?  What happened to that beautiful, pearl white F-150 Limited?
HAHAHA JC, I can't believe you said that.

TXGator

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: "JUSTICE" 2014 Jupiter Blue CVO Limited V&H Power Duals, 4.5" Hi Output Slipons SERT
    • CVO2: Non CVO 2015 Heritage Classic... Freedom Performance Racing True Duals, SERT
    • CVO3: My 16YO's first Harley... 2005 Sporty 883, Cobra Slash Cuts
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2015, 03:40:15 PM »

She sure looks awesome all shiny and new Greg... Take Care...

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2015, 04:22:25 PM »

Now I must have missed something along the way.....where did the red truck come from?  What happened to that beautiful, pearl white F-150 Limited?

Thanks, JC!  Yes, you must have missed the new RUBY RED F-150 that I took to Carmel.   8)  Where were your glasses?   :nixweiss:  The white pearl got hit in Oct. 2013 and they totaled it for a slightly bent frame rail in the front.  I think my body shop wanted it.   ;)   We both made out well as the shop took it with salvage title. 

I am blessed to be unhurt.  Either that or cursed to have gone down at such a slow speed but I'll focus on my blessing.  You're right about the mods....  Not much to do.  I adjusted the shifters this morning.  LED signal lights on the way.  A builders kit perhaps.  I have an upholstery shop that will remove and replace some of the foam so I can sit 2-3 inches farther back.  Right now, I can't use the rear brake without taking my foot off the floorboard and I'm not used to that. 

Now I can make Ensenada, I think.

My dealer quoted me $2,600 for the 7 year HD (CNA) ESP with tire and wheel etc.  Simon / DesertHOG directed me to Four Corners HD.  $1,969. Thanks Simon!     :huepfenjump3:

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2015, 04:41:01 PM »

HAHAHA JC, I can't believe you said that.

Yea, I can't believe I'm saying it, either.  And I kept hearing this from others and I thought "yea, right".  But it's true.....the only thing I am even considering is the Fullsac headpipe, baffles and tuner (just to get it to run cooler in the summer months).  We rode about 170 miles yesterday (Mt. Palomar, Hinderson Lake, etc.) and were talking about this very thing on the way back.

Greg under $2k for the seven year is good....go for it!  Don't worry, it'll more than pay for itself.

So, should I add you to the Ensenada list?
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2015, 04:57:50 PM »

I'm not sure about Ensenada.  My Father's birthday is that week. Maybe I'll rent him a trike.

Installed my mini garage door opener on now its third bike. This thing has worked flawlessly for 12 years! That harley unit is huge and you have to wire it up! What goes with that? 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2015, 07:16:19 PM »

Yea, I can't believe I'm saying it, either.  And I kept hearing this from others and I thought "yea, right".  But it's true.....the only thing I am even considering is the Fullsac headpipe, baffles and tuner (just to get it to run cooler in the summer months).  We rode about 170 miles yesterday (Mt. Palomar, Hinderson Lake, etc.) and were talking about this very thing on the way back.

Greg under $2k for the seven year is good....go for it!  Don't worry, it'll more than pay for itself.

So, should I add you to the Ensenada list?
Funny I have said the same thing IF I ever traded again. Same upgrades that is

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2015, 08:38:45 PM »

I'm not sure about Ensenada.  My Father's birthday is that week. Maybe I'll rent him a trike.

Installed my mini garage door opener on now its third bike. This thing has worked flawlessly for 12 years! That harley unit is huge and you have to wire it up! What goes with that? 
Are you talking about the part that hooks up to your GDO? On mine I just reprogrammed the one from the old bike to the new bike. Hit the flash to pass and it's all good.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

lowflight

• Senior CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 2013 SERG
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2015, 09:50:54 PM »

Sorry to read of your mishap Greg, but glad that you were not injured. Nice bike!

I haven't even looked at the 15's because of my fear of trading. 

DesertHOG

• Visiting America One Road Trip at a Time
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Vivid Black Special
    • NM

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLTRUSE - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXS - Vivid Black
    • Join me on Facebook
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2015, 10:03:55 PM »

Greg, congrats on joining the FLTRUSE club on your new and blue '15. I know you already love it. Looks like the red ones are rare on here. Glad I got mine.

Simon

martys

• 5k CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SE Road Glide
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2015, 10:21:12 PM »

Glad to hear you were not injured in all of this Greg  :2vrolijk_21:

Equally glad that this misfortune turned out to a positive  ending  :) Nice new ride   :coolblue:

Marty
Here in Canada we have four seasons Spring, Summer, Fall, and New Chrome

dooinit2u

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2015 SESG UltraViolet Blue / Hot Lava ***SOLD***
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2015, 09:28:39 AM »

Good move Greg... As well as you know those Cali roads, I wouldn't believe it was driver error anyway, must have been a unavoidable accident, which I hated to hear. The outcome will be good for you and good luck with the new ride.

Awesome bike... :2vrolijk_21:

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 12:21:34 PM »

Good move Greg... As well as you know those Cali roads, I wouldn't believe it was driver error anyway, must have been a unavoidable accident, which I hated to hear. The outcome will be good for you and good luck with the new ride.

Awesome bike... :2vrolijk_21:

Thanks Paul and everybody who has responded.  I rode 70 miles round trip to see my Dad last night. Split a lot of traffic. The bike handles beautifully! I love the heated grips and seat.  The linked brakes work flawlessly and prohibit brake dive.  I easily see over the clear windshield with no wind buffeting at 70.  Even wearing a three-quarter helmet and ear plugs, I could hear the stereo perfectly at highway speeds.   Reflector LED headlamps are terrific and nearly equal to the Day Makers I had put in the SERG.  Have a few stainless bolts Kuryakyn LED Turn signals to install today.   So far, so good.  I'm a Happy Blue.     :coolblue: 

Met a couple of Italian hog chapter members who were touring Southern California. They wanted to get a picture. It's finally sunny today so I hope to get some better ones at some point.

Sawyer Brown

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2015, 12:23:17 PM »

The curvey canyon roads can be treacherous. Part in the shade, part in the sun, makes it difficult for the eyes to adjust quickly. And it's not just the threat of ice on cold mornings, there are leaves, dirt, fallen rocks, water run off and tar snakes. Some spots never dry out and are almost always slick. Imagine any or all of those things lurking in the dark shady part of the curve as you hit the apex.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

ultrarider123

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2015, 03:03:00 PM »

Just caught up with this thread, Greg. 

Congrats on the new bike.  I'm sad of how that came about, glad you weren't hurt and glad you got what you needed to trade.  Love da blue bikes and you have a beauty. 

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2015, 04:48:08 PM »

Thanks again for the comments.  Here are a couple of "sunny" shots.

Sawyer Brown

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 21 queries.