Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019 Boom GTS after day 1 on RG Special  (Read 549 times)

Glenncarp

2019 Boom GTS after day 1 on RG Special
« on: March 11, 2019, 02:43:56 PM »

240 miles ride yesterday noted following:

Audio: New system can ONLY use IPOD that is 5th or 6th generation (Confirmed by HD support) otherwise system gives you note on screen that "older version IPOD not supported". I used blue-tooth on older Nano and it worked, but no on screen choices such as playlists, artists, etc. Appears that system is geared heavily towards Iphone as HD said even with 5th or 6th gen IPOD, apple Car will not work. Plugged in wife's new Iphone and it recognized it immediately.

Tried music on USB drive, not in love for same reasons as blue-tooth with Nano. Also HATE having to manually update USB when I download new songs from ITunes. Going to try USB one more time before spending $160 on 6th gen Ipod touch just for bike.

Love new radio interface, lets you choose genre for seeking of stations.

Paired phone and music streams seamlessly, however hate that you need to use phone to change music source, like when no signal for Pandora when riding in mountains.

GPS:A lot better, boots up within 10 seconds. QWERTY keyboard (About time), easy to use with thumb controls. Have not played too much with GPS. I did plan a route using Tyre, but only found it in "Trails" not in "saved" was able to finally load route and did not have any errors on turns. There is a small speaker icon on lower left corner when following route and this is the only way I have found to hear distance to next turn, cant find a way to have that displayed. That sucks. Even when I pulled up turns, distance to next turn is not shown, all turns after next are, just not distance to next turn. I found myself keeping the speaker icon highlighted and using the right thumb stick to hear distance to next turn. They have EVERY option under the sun to display: time, arrival time, distance to finish, time to next turn, elevation, speed, temperature yadda, yadda, yadda. Why no distance to next turn? No idea. Maybe I am missing this? Hope someone has found way to have this displayed.

Love that you can use info button to see trip details and there are MANY in there, top speed, ave speed, time traveling, time stopped. It is really neat info.

Honestly, really enjoying power of bike. Glad to have GPS and music, but the absolute power, torque and beauty of the 114 CI Milwaukee 8 makes it just thrilling to ride and not pay attention to the other stuff. I have never ridden an HD as awesome as it was riding this bike.

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 22 queries.