Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: SEEG w/ Comfort Stitch Seat  (Read 8450 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
SEEG w/ Comfort Stitch Seat
« on: March 13, 2004, 11:16:22 PM »

I thought some of you might like to see photos of my SEEG with the H-D Road King Comfort Stitch Seat.  Like a lot of us, I had to find something to replace the stock seat that my wife would be happy with.  So far, we're both happy with the choice. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: SEEG w/ Comfort Stitch Seat
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 01:58:01 AM »

Thanks for the photo.  Yes, that one looks much more comfortable for the long haul trips.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2004, 10:52:16 AM »

I like the look of the spoiler!

Did you install it yourself?  Did it come with an LED light?  Connector for Quick Disconnect?  Did you do sthe Saddlebags also?

Sorry, I have the parts on order and they haven't arrived yet!
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2004, 12:52:35 PM »

WFP, thanks and here's another shot from the rear so you can see the spoiler better.  I had the dealer install the tour-pak and spoiler this time, however, on my '02 EG Classic I installed the spoiler/brake light myself.  The instructions from H-D are pretty clear, but it does help to have a service manual for putting together the deutsch connector that plugs into the stock harness.  I have my tour-pak permanent mounted but have seen the spoilers on bikes that have the removeable setup, so there must be a way to put a quick-disconnect in.

One thing to be aware of on the SEEG, the spoiler covers up the last few inches of the flame pinstriping.  It's tough to see in these pictures, but I had a local painter transfer the design from the top of the lid to the spoiler and re-clear coat it.  Makes you wonder why H-D didn't do this from the factory.

As you can see, I haven't done the saddlebags yet, but probably will.  Besides looking good, it helps to have all the red lights behind you that you can.

Cabo

• Senior CVO Member
  • OWOF

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE(Sold)
    • CVO2: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2004, 01:48:42 PM »

I like the ultra mirrors!
2015 CVO™ ROAD GLIDE® ULTRA
04 FLHTCSE(Sold)

starvin

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2004, 04:37:08 PM »

Hey 103tHunDer I was thinking of putting on those crash bars on the saddlebags can you tell me if you need a seperate bar for the saddlebag support or do they use the one thats already there, a part number would be great. We get alot of sand and gravel at the intersections up here and one time with my flhtc my foot slid out from under me and i set the bike down on the crash bars. No damage what so ever. I don't think that would be the case with this bike.
                                       thanks

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2004, 05:05:10 PM »

starvin, Accidents happen which is why I went with them, too.  But no, you have to get the chrome guard and the support for each side.  I have the part numbers for those below, but not sure about the hardware for attaching.  You should be able to tell your parts guy you want the saddlebag guards and hardware for an Electra Glide Standard and he should be able to take it from there - that's what I did.  I had my tour-pak installed on the same work order, so it's tough to tell what hardware was used for what.

90781-93 Saddlebag Support, Right
49194-85 Saddlebag Support, Left
49205-97 Rear Guard, Right
49201-97 Rear Guard, Left

Hope that helps!

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2004, 05:34:10 PM »

Thanks for the info!

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2004, 11:30:36 PM »

Hey 103thunder - sweet ride! I'm with Cabo regarding the Ultra mirrors. That really cleans up the lines of the front by eliminating the standard mirrors. Two questions for ya' - My SEEG is the first HD touring model I've ever owned. How well do the fairing mount mirrors work over stock in terms of coverage/field of view?  Much vibration distortion? Second question: Given that one of the nicest touches on the SEEG is the painted inner fairing, does the matte black finish of the back of the mirrors take much away from the overall gloss effect of the painted inner fairing or is it, as I suspect, hardly noticeable? After seeing your bike, I'm sold on the tour pak and bag spoilers - they are on my list of must haves! - Thanks for providing the pics, PJ  

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2004, 07:38:15 AM »

PJ, thanks for the compliments!  If you go here: http://forums.delphiforums.com/electraglide1/messages/?start=Start+Reading+%3E%3E there is a recent thread on the fairing mounted mirrors.  A lot of the reason people go to them from the stock Standard/Classic/Ultra Classic mirrors is those mirrors are short and folks typically see a lot of their shoulder and nothing else.  With the SEEG's mirrors positioned as high as they are, that's really not an issue, however.  The view with the stock mirrors is fantastic!  But I put these on my '02 Classic and really like the way they improved the view vs. those regular mirrors, plus the way they clean up the looks of the bike.  A side benefit is there are fewer bugs to clean off after every ride  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] !  To be honest the stock SEEG mirrrors gave a better view, but I liked the looks/view/bug avoidance aspect of these enough to go with them again.  Also, vibration is not an issue with these.

Very valid comments about the painted inner faring!  It took me a long time to decide to go the route of the fairing mirrors!  The thought of drilling into that marvelous paint kept me up a few nights, but now that I did and see the results, I couldn't be happier!  Take another look at your bike - there is textured black plastic and other matte black details all over that fairing area (handlebar switches, spot lamp, accessories and cruise control switches, CD/radio, the black rubber on the grips, gasket surrounding the inner fairing, etc., etc.).  The mirrors don't look out of place, but I definitely understand your concern.  So, here are a couple other pictures to help you decide.  This one . . .

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2004, 07:40:30 AM »

. . . and this one.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2004, 07:44:49 AM »

Here's one more . . .

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2004, 08:50:49 AM »

Thanks for the info on the pinstrips on the spoiler will have to see a freind and have that done,  you are right HD should have done it. [smiley=beerchug.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

pj57

• Senior CVO Member
  • Can't take it with you!!!

• CVO1: 2002 SERK Candy Brandywine
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2004, 10:54:21 AM »

Thanks 103Thunder!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 10:59:42 AM by pj57 »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2004, 01:13:37 PM »

PJ, appreciate the comments, man!!![smiley=pleased.gif]  You don't see anyone going out of their way to say "thanks" anymore, either.  Just glad I could help.  I got an early bike so I've been able to do a few things over the winter and it's just fun to share it with everyone so you can decide what works/doesn't work for you [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif].  Couldn't agree with you more, though, THIS SITE IS AWESOME!!!  [smiley=beerchug.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2004, 07:04:13 PM »

PJ, appreciate the comments, man!!![smiley=pleased.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2004, 08:24:40 PM »

aw JC you're gonna make me blush  [smiley=blush.gif], but its true thats why this site was created, and when i see comments like the one from Pj and 103t it makes it all worth it
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2004, 09:25:52 PM »

aw JC you're gonna make me blush

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2004, 10:01:33 PM »

Three cheers for Naitram! [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif]   You, too, JCZ . . . [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] . . . and Psycho  [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Going off of Psycho's group hug comment, has anyone suggested the possibility of a CVO gathering this year
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 10:13:25 PM by 103tHunDer »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2004, 10:29:56 PM »

Three cheers for Naitram! [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif]

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2004, 07:22:32 AM »

[smiley=oops.gif] Sorry, JCZ, hadn't been paying enough attention to those threads since I can't make it this year.  Maybe I'll have to take a symbolic ride with a few local buds the day you all meet so at least I can be with you in spirit!  Have fun! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2004, 08:29:59 AM »

Now Naitram, you just go ahead and take your moment to "gather yourself". Just turn your head away from the computer screeen for a moment [smiley=computer.gif]. What a wonderful moment, don't ya think? [smiley=nice.gif]. I think we're all ready for our first group hug! Naitram, how do we make this happen?

wellllll if it ever stops snowing long enough we should get together on a saturday and meet up for a ride
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2004, 09:18:29 AM »

wellllll if it ever stops snowing long enough we should get together on a saturday and meet up for a ride

O.K. .........let's meet in Sacramento, it was 90 yesterday! [smiley=7.gif]

West Coast GTG   

Baranca

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2004, 09:19:09 AM »

103tHunDer - your bike looks great! Also like the license plate but I noticed the pipes too. I am considering getting Basanni slip ons and they look like that is what you may have. If so, how do you like them? Thanks

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2004, 10:56:30 AM »

Baranca, Thanks, glad you like it!  My pipes are the one piece Screamin' Eagle pipes (slash up).  I really like the way they continue the line of the bag, but I'm not as happy with the sound of them on this bike as I was on my 88 inch '02 Classic.  The sound is higher pitched - not as much of a lower rumble.  The Basanni's are similarly styled but I've not heard those before so I can't comment.  Maybe they would be a better way to go.[smiley=nixweiss.gif]  I've been tossing around the idea of changing these out to the SE performance mufflers.  They've got a pretty good, deep sound, plus the embossed Screamin' Eagle logo [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] but I would lose the slashed-cut lines of these, so not sure what I'll do, if anything. [smiley=confused5.gif]  Let us know what you decide to do.

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2004, 11:35:52 PM »

O.K. .........let's meet in Sacramento, it was 90 yesterday! [smiley=7.gif]

Well, ummmmm, maybe we could meet at your place if perhaps maybe Allison [smiley=smitten.gif] was gonna be around? Just let me get cleaned up [smiley=bath.gif], call in sick tomorrow, and ride straight thru! [smiley=cool26.gif]

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2004, 11:38:28 PM »

Sounds good. I need a couple of good rain storms before I'll hit the road though. Alot of salt and sand on the roads up here.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2004, 10:35:17 AM »

. . . and this one.

Wow...the purple really shows in this photo...

/Bill
« Last Edit: March 19, 2004, 10:37:54 AM by WFP »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2004, 11:05:49 AM »

Yeah, somebody on here called it Weird Purple.  I think that's a lot better name for it than Starlight Black.  My friends and I were pretty surprised the first time we saw the bike, thinking it would be "black" and all.  It never really looks this bright of a purple in real life.  The flash just magnified it!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2004, 06:26:23 PM »

There was some discussion in the SEEG section about the fitment of the Road King Comfort Stitch Seat in the front where it meets the fuel tank.  I thought I'd post these photos as a follow-up to that.  As you'll see, these were taken prior to the tour-pak being mounted.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2004, 06:28:20 PM »

And from another angle . . .

litox

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 FLHTCSE
    • CVO2: 07 FLHTCUSE
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE
    • Tecnologia de Alto Desempeno
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2004, 10:16:58 PM »

Thanks for the pictures! I have the same seat and set up and love it. By the way, could you please tell me where you got the short radio antenna? It looks great!!

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2004, 10:29:21 PM »

Litox, thanks!  The short radio antenna came from Auto Zone.  It's called a "simulated cell phone antenna" or something like that.  Only like $7 or $8 and fits perfectly on the H-D antenna mount.  They have a chrome version, too that I started out with, but I think the black one blends in a little better.

SixtySeven

• Live to Ride, Ride to Eat.
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2004, 07:19:19 PM »

I just ordered an HD seat for the SEEG and now I am confused [smiley=confused5.gif]... You guys keep referring to Road King seats. Don't the FLHT seats fit our bike? I found a Tall Profile HD comfort stitch seat for FLHT and ordered it from Chicago HD. I am now hoping that it will fit...  [smiley=nervous.gif]
SixtySeven
04 FLHTCSEI
05 American Ironhorse Texas Chopper
01 FXSTDI

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2004, 10:11:24 PM »

67, FLHT seats WILL NOT FIT.  The front part of the seat is made differently because of the shorter tank dash that's used on those bikes.  Road Kings and SEEGs have a dash that extends farther down the tank and, therefore, the front of the seat must be shorter to accomodate the additional length of the dash.  It's just the opposite with the FLHTs.  The tank dash is shorter and the seats for those bikes have an extension that runs up the tank a few inches to meet the dash.  That seat on a SEEG (if it will even fit at all) would overlap the dash and look really out of place.  Trust you can tell what I'm talking about from the profiles below.

If it hasn't been long since you ordered your seat, perhaps you can call Chicago H-D and cancel the order.  Otherwise, I'm sure they will let you return it, but you will be out the cost of shipping.  BTW, unfortunately, the Road King Comfort Stitch Seat does not come in the "tall" version.

Electra Glide Standard (short tank dash, seat extended in the front) . . .

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2004, 10:16:23 PM »

. . . and SEEG (longer tank dash with no seat extension in front) . . .

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2004, 11:04:21 PM »

This is the link to the seat to get....  http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=eg_gen;action=display;num=1080445340

West Coast GTG   

SixtySeven

• Live to Ride, Ride to Eat.
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2004, 09:33:35 AM »

I see now. Thank you guys for the explanation. I wish I had asked that question sooner.  [smiley=dunce2.gif]I will be calling Chicago HD on Monday morning.  [smiley=oops.gif].
SixtySeven
04 FLHTCSEI
05 American Ironhorse Texas Chopper
01 FXSTDI

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2004, 11:46:41 PM »

And from another angle . . .

Thanks for posting these photos.  I sent you an email.  This may be the seat that I have to end up with, for the wife.

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2004, 11:17:58 AM »

JCZ, just replied to your e-mail.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2004, 08:28:32 AM »

Does it work with the tour pak?  [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2004, 11:10:26 AM »

Magoo, check out photos on page 1 of the thread to see seat with tour-pak installed.

MoChrome

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2004, 03:44:25 PM »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2004, 06:19:12 PM »

Ordered the comfort stitch seat, tour pak backrest and adjustable rider's backrest yesterday.  Should be here by the weekend......right about the time Magoo's bike gets to him. lol [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2004, 08:34:13 AM »

Thanks 103tHunDer I knew they where here somewhere,  think I will order one before we go to Richs for the seat.  Would hate to us the stock seat,  It will probably live in the attic with all the other stock parts. [smiley=1syellow1.gif]

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2004, 11:39:37 AM »

Stooooopid question about switching to the comfort stitch seat....

Are the Grab Handles above the saddlebags necessary to keep the rear seat from rubbing any paint?

/Bill

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2004, 01:27:55 AM »

Stooooopid question about switching to the comfort stitch seat....

Are the Grab Handles above the saddlebags necessary to keep the rear seat from rubbing any paint?

/Bill

Harley says that either the grab rail or seat strap is necessary.  It's a liability issue, if your seat bolt came out, there's nothing else holding the seat on.

However, I don't have the grab rail or the strap with my Comfort Stitch seat.  Neither the strap or the grab rail allow me to switch back and forth with the stock seat.....without a lot of hassel.

West Coast GTG   

Bobby_Brooks

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2005, 10:33:10 PM »

Yea, I know it's about the seat. But I have to ask about the spoiler. Did you install it yourself? Does it cover some of the pin striping? I have one but have not decided about installing it.

Thanks,

Bobby

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2005, 01:47:36 AM »

Yea, I know it's about the seat. But I have to ask about the spoiler. Did you install it yourself? Does it cover some of the pin striping? I have one but have not decided about installing it.

Thanks,

Bobby

Bobby, welcome to the site.  This is the most informative and factual site on the internet, when it comes to the CVO model of bikes.........you'll like it here.

Your question about the spoiler was posted in a thread about the Comfort Stitch Seat.  You may want to do a search or just post a new question asking about what you're looking for.  I do remember seeing pictures of that particular issue, but can't seem to find them for you, now.

West Coast GTG   

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2005, 10:44:45 AM »

Thanks,

Bobby  

Bobby, follow ths link to a thread on this topic and some better photos of the spoiler.  Yes, the spoier covers up a considerable amount of the flame pinstriping.  You'll see what I did to compensate in the thread.

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2005, 01:22:34 AM »

seat position seems to be right for my height, 5'10", have to ride on it more to know the comfort
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2008, 12:44:17 AM »

Going off of Psycho's group hug comment, has anyone suggested the possibility of a CVO gathering this year

So all the travel and all the Gatherings and meals and beers and fun and friendships started with group hug in a thread about a seat :2vrolijk_21: .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.416 seconds with 24 queries.