Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: SEEG w/ Comfort Stitch Seat  (Read 8463 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: SEEG w/ Comfort Stitch Seat
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2004, 11:39:37 AM »

Stooooopid question about switching to the comfort stitch seat....

Are the Grab Handles above the saddlebags necessary to keep the rear seat from rubbing any paint?

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2004, 01:27:55 AM »

Stooooopid question about switching to the comfort stitch seat....

Are the Grab Handles above the saddlebags necessary to keep the rear seat from rubbing any paint?

/Bill

Harley says that either the grab rail or seat strap is necessary.  It's a liability issue, if your seat bolt came out, there's nothing else holding the seat on.

However, I don't have the grab rail or the strap with my Comfort Stitch seat.  Neither the strap or the grab rail allow me to switch back and forth with the stock seat.....without a lot of hassel.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Bobby_Brooks

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2005, 10:33:10 PM »

Yea, I know it's about the seat. But I have to ask about the spoiler. Did you install it yourself? Does it cover some of the pin striping? I have one but have not decided about installing it.

Thanks,

Bobby

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2005, 01:47:36 AM »

Yea, I know it's about the seat. But I have to ask about the spoiler. Did you install it yourself? Does it cover some of the pin striping? I have one but have not decided about installing it.

Thanks,

Bobby

Bobby, welcome to the site.  This is the most informative and factual site on the internet, when it comes to the CVO model of bikes.........you'll like it here.

Your question about the spoiler was posted in a thread about the Comfort Stitch Seat.  You may want to do a search or just post a new question asking about what you're looking for.  I do remember seeing pictures of that particular issue, but can't seem to find them for you, now.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2005, 10:44:45 AM »

Thanks,

Bobby  

Bobby, follow ths link to a thread on this topic and some better photos of the spoiler.  Yes, the spoier covers up a considerable amount of the flame pinstriping.  You'll see what I did to compensate in the thread.

Striker

• Senior CVO Member
  • Rocky Mountain Yellow FLHTSE2
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2005, 01:22:34 AM »

seat position seems to be right for my height, 5'10", have to ride on it more to know the comfort
2005 Yellow SEEG
2001 1200 XL chopper
Why take the easy road?  I prefer to come
to a stop slidin' in sidways, hangin' on
for dear life, just so I am able to say;
"Man what a ride!"

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2008, 12:44:17 AM »

Going off of Psycho's group hug comment, has anyone suggested the possibility of a CVO gathering this year

So all the travel and all the Gatherings and meals and beers and fun and friendships started with group hug in a thread about a seat :2vrolijk_21: .
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 24 queries.