Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: VIDEO CLIP  (Read 2139 times)

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
VIDEO CLIP
« on: June 23, 2006, 12:23:27 PM »

A classic example of why riders should assume someone is going to run that red light!

http://videos.humpingfrog.com/14865/2006/06/motorcycle-crash-at-intersection.html

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

RedFXR2

Re: VIDEO CLIP
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 12:39:18 PM »

Do I see palm trees in the background?  Honestly, I see folks run red lights down here all day.  And I don't mean lights that have just turned red, I mean blatant, obvious, standing red lights, and they still drive right across the intersection.

A couple of weeks ago, I watched a young lady t-bone a car as it was turning left across an intersection in accordance with having a green left turn arrow.  She must have doing 40, didn't even slow down or notice that three lanes of her same way traffic had stopped for the red light--including a Police car.

I tell you, we have to really turn our radar up out there.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 01:00:36 PM »

That chit is scarey...I mean, it hard to drive defensively when you've got idiots like that on the road!!!  What, the dumb a$$ didn't see the friggin' dump truck SITTING STILL?

Thank goodness it looks like the guy got up...looks like he hit the car and went over the back of it.  If the car had hit him at that speed, I think the outcome would have been much different.

Damn...
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »

Damn I hate to see that chit! At least they had a camera at the intersection to document it, and I hope the rider went over and got the idiot's attention before the cops arrived. Stupid cager.... [smiley=soapbox.gif]
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 01:43:48 PM »

Wow, that is some scarey chit!! [smiley=nervous.gif] :o That cager should have their license revoked and never be able to get it back. As was stated seems the rider was getting back to his feet and hopefully that meant his injuries were minimal.

I just saw someone run a red light today but w/o causing an accident. Light had been red for a while, and this guy just drives right on through it and never hit his brake. >:(

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 08:31:45 PM »

Saw this video elsewhere on the WEB and the rider is a COP.  I hope his getting up right after the crash meant he was pretty much OK, but I've seen people get up in shock before.....hope it was not that way here.   [smiley=nervous.gif] spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 24 queries.