Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Limited

2020 CVO LIMITED SEAT

<< < (2/6) > >>

GB506:

--- Quote from: grc on September 22, 2019, 10:40:28 AM --- It's just a continuation of the business model they had that said sell under-performing motorcycles and then sell parts to make them run decently at an additional big price.  Since the EPA finally took much of that model away from them, they just shifted focus to all the ergonomics issues.

Jerry

--- End quote ---

Care to share the memo on this?

As I stated above, it’s likely to have a lot more to do with the fact that the average N. American male is 5’ 10” and the OP, at 6’ 3”, is in the 97th percentile for height amongst his fellow N. American men. For the slow among us, that means the OP is taller than 120,000,000 of the roughly 124,000,000 American adult males running around the country.

Nobody is going to design bike ergonomics for 3% of the market segment unless they are really, really dumb.

But it’s really a lot less than 3% due to the number of CVO bikes sold internationally: in Japan the average male is 5’ 7”, and in China it’s less than 5’ 6”. It’s similar in the Middle East. The OP would be a monster in Asia, South America or the Middle East, where the majority of humans actually live, and where H-D would like to sell motorcycles.

But none of those facts are likely to prevent people from thinking of anything other than themselves, so I guess why bother.... let’s just gripe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rooster:
I didn't know I was 1/2 Japanese and 1/2 chinese. :confused5:

2018_FLTRXSE:
HD makes the "Tall boy" seat for taller riders. One of my friends has one and he likes it.  He is 6-2 or 6-3.. makes me feel like a dwarf and I'm 5-9...

Threephase:
Tallboy seat is better for those of 6'3" but I cannot use an adjustable rider backrest. And you cannot just use the formula for CVO bikes. All Harley touring bikes use the same seat configurations. I personally love the Hammock seat, but it raises me up 2 more inches and requires me to put a taller windshield on for longer rides. Thats where an adjustable windshield would be appreciated. 

snowy_91:
At 5' 11" with a 30.5" inseam the seat was perfect for me, road for an hour yesterday and had no tightness in my shoulders at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version