Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Owner (Hopefully)  (Read 2058 times)

BigPoppa

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

New Owner (Hopefully)
« on: June 15, 2016, 10:43:47 PM »

Hello All,

I'm seriously (as in just getting the funds together) considering picking up a lightly used (less than 5000 miles) 2015 CVO RGU from my local dealer.

I'm interested in hearing from current CVO RGU owners regarding the following:

1) If you previously rode a different touring bike (Goldwing, BMW K1600, Victory Cross Country, or Indian Roadmaster) why did you make the switch? It seems to me that HD has broader dealer and independent support across the US. Was the brand important or some other technical reason?

2) If you've always ridden RGU's as your touring bike of choice, other than the 110 motor and some other optional amenities as standard equipment, was there any other reason you went with the CVO version?

Although I've been riding for over 20 years, the largest bike I've ever ridden was a Kawasaki Concours14 (which I road coast to coast). The used bike I'm looking at is the first full-dress tourer I've ever ridden (the dealer let me take it for an afternoon) and it was the most comfortable ride I've ever taken. I'm looking forward to joining this community and learning all I can about these bikes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

flhman

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra
Re: New Owner (Hopefully)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 08:11:32 AM »

Came off a 90 FLHTC, now have a 15 CVO Road Glide Ultra, the ride is incredible, yeah I know 25 years between bikes, but I prefer the room on the road glide versus the bat wing fairing, seems like I'm on a mini bike when I jump on the old bike. Really like the new radio, everything locks with the fob, heated grips and seat, you can't beat it. You won't regret buying it. flhman

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 08:30:34 PM »

I buy the CVO because it comes with most the extras I want as in extra chrome, bigger motor and more bells and whistles.  I average 24K miles a year on motorcycles.

My 15 CVO Road glide Ultra has just over 40K miles on it.  It is my 3rd CVO road glide, I had a 09 which I put 46K on, then a 12 I put 45K on.

I also have a 13 CVO road King, my hot rod bike.

I choose the road glide due to the fixed fairing.  It handles cross winds, turbulence around 18 wheelers better than the bat wing bikes.  I feel it is better at slow speed parking lot to as no weight shift when you turn the bars.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

swhalen

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 09:34:15 PM »

I had a 15 street glide and went to a 16 SERG. What a difference having the fairing attached to the frame and not the bars. Crosswind,trucks hardly notice it.  Glad I switched. I like infotainment system being above the speedo and tach. Don't have to look so far down when thumbing around all the functions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JIMINVA

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 09:55:47 AM »

I'm on bike 13.  9 of those HD. 4 of those RG variations.  2 Gold Wings.  The RG is the BEST bike out there, IMHO

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.