Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chrome Switches  (Read 1382 times)

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE Rio Red & Black
    • CVO2: 2007 FXSTDi NON CVO
    • CVO3: 2016 FLTRUSE
Chrome Switches
« on: March 06, 2011, 09:06:54 PM »

well this has been the most challenging thing I have done on my bike anyone know how to get the bottom portion of the right side switch housing off  left side no problem .. I pulled the top part and replace run and start switches cannot ge access to the indicator switch even pulled off throttle/heated grip  pulled pin from brake lever ... I am STUMPED any suggestions instructions dont show this
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals
and not close to finished!!!

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

Re: Chrome Switches
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 10:41:46 PM »

did you take the screw out that holds the bracket that holds the switch?  I don't remember but there may be 2
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 10:51:07 PM »

did you take the screw out that holds the bracket that holds the switch?  I don't remember but there may be 2
had the top part off and replaced switches there is a screw visible inside but as I found out on the left side that holds a metal plate in place which holds the 2 audio switches in place the screw I need to get at is hidden by the h/bar and wiring to the top switches . I gave up and put it all back together with the one black switch still there would still like to find out how to get the last cover on
Things I have had to buy because of this site 2.0 fullsac baffles, PV tuner, glare polish, floorboard extn, clearview w/shield, locking lower doors, motorcycle armour, bass ports in tourpac, Iron aces mount for Power Vision Tuner V&H Power duals

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 12:30:56 PM »

Does this help?

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

kiwihog

• KIWIHOG
  • Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 12:57:34 PM »

Does this help?
nope I have that pic and that is exactly what I am dealing with but the screw that holds (1) turn signal switch and the hook type thing to the left of the screw is not accessible without dropping that bottom casting from the handle bar .. that is the problem I'm having ..the handbrake lever and hydraulic reservoir is in the way there is a brake light switch that goes thru the housing (top left ) in the pic but thats not in the way.. dosnt seem like there is enough play to move the reservoir out of the way ...cheapest thing I have ever put on a bike $25.00 and I cant do it I'm so ashamed..lol

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.