Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: V&H Monster Rounds too loud on CVO  (Read 6669 times)

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
Re: V&H Monster Rounds too loud on CVO
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 04:25:28 PM »

Barmats,

Fulsac is a good way to go!  Go with the x pipe & 2" baffle cores. They aren't hard to install. Just take your time grinding the welds off. You can install the 2" bafffles with leaving the cat head pipe on & not have to retune the bike. If you don't take the cat head pipe off you wont get rid of the heat. I had the SERT installed & dynoed at time of purchased, hoping to get rid of the heat. No luck! Too hot in Florida in march, so I went with X-pipe & 2" baffles. Yes I had to have it dynoed again. It was an expensive way to go. Oh well! It's done now.  You have already paid for the Sert, you might as well use it as to buying a master tuner from Fulsac. My 2nd dyno cost me $140.   It really unleashed alot of power. Original dyno was 83.53hp @ 102.8tq. After the Fulsac head pipe & baffles 87.65hp @107.40. I am happy with the way my bike runs & sounds now! Florida in August is hot,but now I can ride without burning my right leg off. If you have any questions about the Fulsac exhaust you can call Steve @ Fulsac. he will gladly talk to you. He knows what it takes to make your bike run! Fulsac also will give you a 10% discount for being a CVO Forum member.

Just my 2 cents!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 04:50:58 PM by DANNER55 »
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

Barmats

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2011, 03:23:06 PM »

Thanks for your advice. Today, I pulled the Monster Rounds off the bike and put the stock mufflers on. What a disappointment... it sounds quite wimpy. I was tempted to put the MR's back on again immediately, but the pipes were too hot to handle. The OEM sounds so weak that I think I'd rather have it too loud.

I am seriously considering the Fullsac cores. Since I already use V&H's header pipe, this should be a good combo for both power and sound. I'm still surprised at how much heat the Power Duals and Monster Rounds generated, and am hoping it's because it wasn't tuned on the dyno - a standard map for this combo was loaded.

I'm also looking at the Supertrapp mufflers and wondering how they compare in sound levels to the quietest Fullsac core. Since the only way to know for sure is to have a bike with each side-by-side, I'm probably just going to have to make an educated guess. Thanks again for all of your advice - I will add further updates if/when I upgrade to the Fullsac cores.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 09:37:35 PM by Barmats »
2020 CVO Limited

Barmats

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 09:47:00 PM »

Put the Monster Rounds back on again today... would rather have loud than wheezy! Still considering the Fullsac cores but would like to get this combo tuned on the dyno first. With the V&H pipes, there is a lot of lumpy vibration at idle and the bars quiver like crazy. But with the stock pipes, there is virtually zero vibration! This makes me wonder if the tune is sufficiently "off" to affect performance, heat and sound?
2020 CVO Limited

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2011, 11:57:05 PM »

hose V&H are waaay too loud for me..I'd bite the bullitt and go for the Fulsac or something else..   I have the BUB 7 stealth and they work great for me with a TTS and get the X pipe..  should be a big improvement.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.197 seconds with 21 queries.