Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: No More 3 Free Nav Map Updates For MY 2019 or 2020 CVO's  (Read 3209 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: No More 3 Free Nav Map Updates For MY 2019 or 2020 CVO's
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 04:01:22 PM »

I always liked the free updates on the HD GPS systems but I was also was surprised they were free. The auto manufactures to my knowledge have never supplied even one update for free, other than Genesis who gives you two per year for three years. And although it doesn't make it any better the HD map updates are in the window price wise of the cars. Now the Sirus/XM is another thing altogether, even a Corolla has Satellite radio with 3 free months.
Everything is being cut to the bone, even grocery bags are going away.
Add Honda's on the list w/Genesis... I purchased a new Honda Accord in 2018 and have 5 years of free updates. Maps are supplied thru Garmin.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Bobs14Limited

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CO

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 08:01:41 PM »

I always liked the free updates on the HD GPS systems but I was also was surprised they were free. The auto manufactures to my knowledge have never supplied even one update for free, other than Genesis who gives you two per year for three years.
Everything is being cut to the bone, even grocery bags are going away.

BMW gives quarterly map updates for the first 4 years. Even better is that they are done OTA.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2019, 08:29:34 PM »

BMW gives quarterly map updates for the first 4 years. Even better is that they are done OTA.
BMW motorcycle GPS gets free updates for life, no limits.

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2019, 11:50:21 AM »

Not out to bash Harley as I've owned 12 and rode them forever it seems. My 18 BMW K1600B navigation is a cool setup, easily removed for updating with your computer, comes with free lifetime updates. Because it's easily removed, can also be used in your car if desired.

Another cool feature, it will display all bike functions. Engine coolant temp, oil pressure, tire pressure, average and actual fuel economy, average speed, on and on.

The standard XM that comes with the radio and Nav prep package gives you 1 year XM trial.

Just shows Harley could provide the updates on a 50k motorcycle along with standard XM and at least 1 year trial service.

Only way it will happen is if Harley has push back.

If the GPS is easily removed what keeps it from behind stolen by some azzhat?
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2019, 11:58:50 AM »

If the GPS is easily removed what keeps it from behind stolen by some azzhat?

The Nav unit is only accessible with the windscreen raised. When you shut the MC off, the windscreen automatically lowers and prevents access. The instructions on removing the Nav unit are: with MC key on, press button on dash left of Nav unit. The lid will pop up a little as the windshield goes all the way up. You have to lift the lid with your hand a bit till it stops. Then you press a button on the back of the cradle holding the Nav unit in place to release.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2019, 12:56:29 PM »

The Nav unit is only accessible with the windscreen raised. When you shut the MC off, the windscreen automatically lowers and prevents access. The instructions on removing the Nav unit are: with MC key on, press button on dash left of Nav unit. The lid will pop up a little as the windshield goes all the way up. You have to lift the lid with your hand a bit till it stops. Then you press a button on the back of the cradle holding the Nav unit in place to release.
Perfect. It's really a smartly done system.

CVO117

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TN

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2019, 10:20:57 PM »

don't think it really matters what the owner's manual says.  that would fall under the heading of "information in this manual is subject to change"....  for example, it clearly states in the 2020 cvo limited owner's manual, "this vehicle comes with 2 key fobs...''  obviously, we know that isn't true.

I just bought the 2020 CVO Limited in TN and it came with 2 key fobs so I'm not sure what you are referencing.

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2019, 09:21:49 AM »

with the exception of the cvo bikes, you only get 1 keyfob with a new bike purchase.
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2019, 09:39:13 AM »

with the exception of the cvo bikes, you only get 1 keyfob with a new bike purchase.
Same with other motorcycle manufacturers.

ultrarider123

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2019, 01:59:49 PM »

Same with other motorcycle manufacturers.

True.  Got one fob and two keys with Cochise.

jimcb1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2019, 09:37:27 AM »

so if you have a 2014 cvo ultra are the free map updates still good it wants me to pay for it should't it be good till end of 2019

Swbike

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2016 CVO ROADGLIDE
    • CVO2: 2005 CVO Electra Glide
    • CVO3: 2019 RGU CVO wannabe
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2019, 04:50:17 PM »

HD map update for me was a waste of time.  Roads that were not on the old map were not on the "new" map.  Not a fan of Garmin either, after the 550 the units I had were unreliable.  Best by far GPS to get from Point A to Point B is my phone. Doesn't work as well for routing other than main roads, but it usually gets me there.  More than I can say for the Itaint.
I agree but the phone only works with cell service. I ride in areas with no service and the Harley GPS should at least be accurate.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2019, 05:35:03 PM »

I agree but the phone only works with cell service. I ride in areas with no service and the Harley GPS should at least be accurate.

Agreed.  Is easy to understand how the phone maps are updated more quickly than the HD system. The thing that pisses me off is that YEARS after the phone map works well & shows new roads, etc., the HD map is still out of date.   Can understand why it could be a few months out of date but why issue an "update" if the updated map is years behind?
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2019, 05:41:01 PM »

Agreed.  Is easy to understand how the phone maps are updated more quickly than the HD system. The thing that pisses me off is that YEARS after the phone map works well & shows new roads, etc., the HD map is still out of date.   Can understand why it could be a few months out of date but why issue an "update" if the updated map is years behind?
I've said it before Mike. I've got a Garmin LM50 in my work van. I update it everytime it's due. There are 3 year old roads in my area that are still not in the Garmin. It isn't just HD that's behind.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Swbike

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2016 CVO ROADGLIDE
    • CVO2: 2005 CVO Electra Glide
    • CVO3: 2019 RGU CVO wannabe
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2019, 06:31:31 PM »

My 2019 Rg was out of date when I bought it. The latest update changed nothing. SAD
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.