Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2012 se7eglideultra how to turn on tour pac saddlebag leds???  (Read 845 times)

Mountainman streetbob

• Just Ride, Daily if possible, Just Ride!!!!!!!
  • Full CVO Member
  • 2012 SE7 CVO Electra Glide Ultra
    • GA

2012 se7eglideultra how to turn on tour pac saddlebag leds???
« on: October 13, 2019, 12:16:40 PM »

Ok bought the bike used
See there are hd marked leds on tour pack to light up inside tour pac and shine in saddlebags

Factory wiring links them all together then disappears into factory harness headed towards seat and junction box area

How do I turn the leds on?

Driving myself NUTS trying to find a switch!

Nada nothing

Any ideas?

2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...
Windscreen, driver backrest handlebars, fulsac COMING SOON

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: 2012 se7eglideultra how to turn on tour pac saddlebag leds???
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 08:58:13 PM »

Those are the ones that you have to push in the middle of the lens to turn them on and off. Some of them are a real pain in the ass to find the sweet spot on the lens.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

Mountainman streetbob

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 09:38:05 PM »

Those are the ones that you have to push in the middle of the lens to turn them on and off. Some of them are a real pain in the ass to find the sweet spot on the lens.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

Well I just tried again on all 3

Ignition on/off

Center console switch on/off

No I

Nada

Nothing

On any of the 3 lights

Damn
2012 CVO SE7 ElectraGlideUltra Cams??? PowerCommanderV Crocodile Seats, rhinehardts,xm, Ipod, Nav-Zumo...

danner55

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHTCUSE6 Big Red "Izzy"
    • CVO2: 1989 FLT TOUR GLIDE CLASSIC
    • CVO3: 1997 Heritage Springer Softail
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 10:55:54 PM »

All 3 work on my 2011 SE6!  Yes they are a pain to activate I have to push hard in the center of light.

Ignition doesn't have to be on to use.
IBA #63514
If you can't run with the big dogs stay home on the porch!

Mountainman streetbob

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 08:13:29 AM »

All 3 work on my 2011 SE6!  Yes they are a pain to activate I have to push hard in the center of

Ignition doesn't have to be on to use.

Evidently I am a woose!!! Lol

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 11:40:43 AM »

By any chance did you make sure the lights are plugged in just outside the saddlebags themselves? There should be a plug that you disconnect to remove the saddlebags. If it's someone's first bike with this feature, it's pretty easy to forget to reconnect those plugs when reinstalling the saddlebags.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Mountainman streetbob

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 12:25:46 PM »

By any chance did you make sure the lights are plugged in just outside the saddlebags themselves? There should be a plug that you disconnect to remove the saddlebags. If it's someone's first bike with this feature, it's pretty easy to forget to reconnect those plugs when reinstalling the saddlebags.

Thanks for asking!

All three lights are mounted on the tour pac and are integrated into the factory tour pac wiring harness

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 01:28:54 PM »

Use a test light to check for power at the lights.  You may have a disconnected wire, or a blown fuse.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 02:31:18 PM »

Mine come on when you open the Lid on tourpak. Been so long I can't remember if they came that way or I did something to allow this, but they do not come on by pressing on the lens on my 15.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 05:31:48 PM »

The 2015 FLTRUSE lights will come on automatically under certain conditions, per the owner's manual.

"The Tour-Pak light is mounted in the lid. Additional lights, mounted under each side of the Tour-Pak, shine down into the saddlebags.  The luggage lights automatically turn on when the motorcycle is turned off (OFF/RUN switch set to OFF). The lights remain on for approximately two minutes. Lights shut off immediately if power lock fob is used to engage the power locks.
The luggage lights also turn on and remain on while the motorcycle is in accessory mode (by holding down the trigger switch)."

This appears to be the way the factory installed lights work in all the Rushmore bikes (2014 up), but the kits offered in the Accessory Catalog for 2014 - 2020 models still use the manual switch type.

The 2007 - 2013 models just have the manual switch in each light, which is a PITA in many cases.  The best TP lights were from before 2007 when the light had a gravity switch that automatically turned the light on when the lid was opened.  Unfortunately those lights starting having severe problems and didn't shut off, killing people's batteries.  The H-D "fix" was to eliminate that light and go to the manual switch-in-the-lens stuff.  I guess they and their vendor forgot how to make a reliable gravity switch.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Mountainman streetbob

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 06:02:15 PM »

The 2015 FLTRUSE lights will come on automatically under certain conditions, per the owner's manual.

"The Tour-Pak light is mounted in the lid. Additional lights, mounted under each side of the Tour-Pak, shine down into the saddlebags.  The luggage lights automatically turn on when the motorcycle is turned off (OFF/RUN switch set to OFF). The lights remain on for approximately two minutes. Lights shut off immediately if power lock fob is used to engage the power locks.
The luggage lights also turn on and remain on while the motorcycle is in accessory mode (by holding down the trigger switch)."

This appears to be the way the factory installed lights work in all the Rushmore bikes (2014 up), but the kits offered in the Accessory Catalog for 2014 - 2020 models still use the manual switch type.

The 2007 - 2013 models just have the manual switch in each light, which is a PITA in many cases.  The best TP lights were from before 2007 when the light had a gravity switch that automatically turned the light on when the lid was opened.  Unfortunately those lights starting having severe problems and didn't shut off, killing people's batteries.  The H-D "fix" was to eliminate that light and go to the manual switch-in-the-lens stuff.  I guess they and their vendor forgot how to make a reliable gravity switch.

Jerry

Thanks jerry!!!

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.