Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 06:41:17 PM 
Started by caltec - Last post by Boatman
Welcome to the site.  Sad for your issues.  At least you have a warranty.   A tappet is another name for a lifter.  Basically now they need to order you a new engine and oil pan baffle assy as metal has went thru the motor.  Sadly all 110’s experience lifter failure at some point due to excessive valve spring pressure mostly.  Your motor came with SE lifters but they are t any better than stock.  A lot of people on here change lifters on a 110 every 15-20,000 miles.  Most go with aftermarket.  My 14 failed at 18k and put in S&S lifters.  Good luck.  Demand a new engine. 

on: Today at 06:33:24 PM 
Started by caltec - Last post by caltec
I bought a 2015 SG CVO with 20k miles from the locaql stearlership. Rode the bike for less than 100 and noticed some clanking noise coming from the engine. I took it back to the dealer and was told it sounded like a bad bearing. I was pissed. They will have to tear down the enginge to make sure. A week later they call and said there was a bad tappet and oil pump failure. They said "Good News, its covered under your extended warranty you purchased" I felt like S*$t. 2 weeks later today they call and said they put it back together and took for test ride but the bike "sputtering" and the tech is off for 2 days and will work on it when he gets back to work My reaction: WTF? Ok my question to the group when there is a tappet failure does that me the lifters are also bad and should be replaced?

on: Today at 06:20:12 PM 
Started by caltec - Last post by caltec
Hello, Thank you for the addition and looking forward to all the valuable information in this group. I have a 2015 StreetGlide CVO

on: Today at 05:38:58 PM 
Started by CVOJerry - Last post by fastfreddy
yup ;).... only way to measure gains or loss, were you located may be some one can point you to a tunner in your area

on: Today at 03:55:38 PM 
Started by iski - Last post by naitram
wish i had known youd be coming through my area

on: Today at 11:27:50 AM 
Started by ChopperPilot - Last post by D-N-D
I agree it looks a lot better with the reflectors on it !!!!

Dante

on: Today at 11:09:27 AM 
Started by Fired00d - Last post by Fired00d
This topic has been moved to Twin Cam.

https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=125656.0

on: Today at 09:10:47 AM 
Started by ChopperPilot - Last post by OBB
So I installed the new reflectors and the latch cover.  Installing the latch cover was a pain in the a**w.  Tough to get it lined up right, and a pain to get at the three tiny torx.

I think it looks better.

Where did you get the reflectors from?

on: Today at 08:49:34 AM 
Started by ChopperPilot - Last post by FLSTFI Dave
So I installed the new reflectors and the latch cover.  Installing the latch cover was a pain in the a**w.  Tough to get it lined up right, and a pain to get at the three tiny torx.

I think it looks better.

on: Today at 08:46:55 AM 
Started by ChopperPilot - Last post by FLSTFI Dave
When trying to get my reflector out of my saddlebag latch cover I did this.  So I ordered a replacement latch cover.  It came in quickly, I'm still waiting on a Pan America part I ordered 4 weeks before this one.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 17 queries.