Custom Vehicle Discussions > CVO™ Road Glide Ultra®

Need assistance on upper fairing vent on 2015 RGU

<< < (2/2)

FLSTFI Dave:

--- Quote from: GregKhougaz on September 02, 2019, 12:59:09 PM ---That catch is most flimsy and I have replaced three. It's more of a problem to get to it than anything else. On the 2020 Road Glides, the side vents have been eliminated altogether. Not sure how they expect that to work in the rain.  :huepfenlol2:

--- End quote ---
  The heal shifter was eliminated also.  They just keep taking away content, and raising the price.

OBB:

--- Quote from: GregKhougaz on September 02, 2019, 12:59:09 PM ---That catch is most flimsy and I have replaced three. It's more of a problem to get to it than anything else. On the 2020 Road Glides, the side vents have been eliminated altogether. Not sure how they expect that to work in the rain.  :huepfenlol2: 

--- End quote ---
Not quite true. The vents are still there. The doors to close them off are gone.

fkhan726:
Thanks again for the help.  Fixed both the top vent and the left side.  Found the catch broken on both.  Since I've only had the bike for 3 months and already broken two, I am sure this will impact several others so below is a pic of the new part on the left and the broken one on the right (You'll notice the catch missing).  HD Part # 57100167. 

grc:

You may want to ask for a volume discount and buy a dozen. 

Jerry

OBB:

--- Quote from: grc on September 04, 2019, 08:02:21 AM ---You may want to ask for a volume discount and buy a dozen. 

Jerry

--- End quote ---
Almost 5 years and 40k miles on mine and no problems with my vents. And yes, I open and close them somewhat frequently.

Sent from my boring Droid phone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version