Custom Vehicle Discussions > Screamin’ Eagle® Softail® Springer®

Any one trailer a springer?

<< < (2/3) > >>

windjammer:
I have always used soft-ties off the handlebars and compressed the suspension no problems.

ultrarider123:
Or, you could avoid all the hassle and worry on damage to paint by using one of these:

http://www.turnoverball.com/products/biker-bar/biker-bar-product

I've been looking for a trailer for a few months now (still looking btw).  I have decided on what I'm using for mounting, however.  There are lots of videos on YouTube on this product including some very good reviews.  I visited the vendor tent for the Biker Bar in Sturgis this past August and the in person demo sold me on it.  They had a couple of bikes as demos with one being a springer.  The thing is built like a tank.  That's where I'm headed when I finally do have a trailer.

Also got to see one of these operate and this would be my second choice for securing using a wheel chock behind the Biker Bar without one:
https://wheeldock.com/products/wheeldock?variant=26294025411

Good luck and enjoy that new springer!

CVODON:
That biker bar deal will NOT hold a bike securely bolted to a plywood or fiberglass floor. You r playing with fire if you have much of an impact. A 900+ # bike fastened to plywood... Wil ping pong inside that trailer.
If someone decides to use one of these you need to make a metal sub-frame under trailer that is welded or securely bolted in.
A Condor (or similiar) with at least four tiedowns  to hooks situated to thru bolt to trailer metal crossmembers is much more secure & a lot easier to use.

Rooster:
You might contact JC. I believe he is using the Biker Bar and could give you some useful info on it.

Screamin Eagle Carl:
Plus one on the condor wheel chock. I trailered my springer from Miami to Montreal a few years back when I moved up. What I discovered is you need to really tighten down the bike or it will fall over. What I ended up doing is tightening the front end as low as I could. Hope this helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version