Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: Finally a Chopped Tour Pak  (Read 16089 times)

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE in Candy Concord
"Don't blame me....I didn't vote for him!"

Wanna ride

Re: Finally a Chopped Tour Pak
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 12:34:35 AM »

I'm about to buy a chopped pak for my FLHX, but what's different about this one than the previously offered one?

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 12:38:55 AM »

I'm about to buy a chopped pak for my FLHX, but what's different about this one than the previously offered one?

When I bought my CVO Street Glide a week ago, they only offered the King or Razor in the CVO colors.  Now, after I ordered my king, they are offering the Chopped in Candy Concord, Spiced Rum and Tequila.  I am going to the dealer tomorrow to see if it is too late to change my order.  I hate the way those armrests look on the pads that fit the king tour pak, and the razor isn't big enough for me to stash my half helmet.

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010flhxse
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 06:10:25 AM »

When I bought my CVO Street Glide a week ago, they only offered the King or Razor in the CVO colors.  Now, after I ordered my king, they are offering the Chopped in Candy Concord, Spiced Rum and Tequila.  I am going to the dealer tomorrow to see if it is too late to change my order.  I hate the way those armrests look on the pads that fit the king tour pak, and the razor isn't big enough for me to stash my half helmet.
I they wont trade it out I may want to but the used tourpak from you
TJ

CVOTequila

• Squee's Revenge
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 07:48:46 AM »

HD has finally listed a Chopped Tour Pack to match the Street Glides.
http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441838635&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302286957&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302286957&bmUID=1264742211180&bmLocale=en_US

post a pic if you go with a chopped tour pak, I would be interested to see what it looks like on the bike     :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Mods:
Mirror Chrome Agitator Wheels
Freedom Racing Duals
C&C Seat (Squeeter's Revenge)
Hawg Wired "Double Shots"
Hawg Wired Tweeters
Boogey Lights Fireworks
Kury License Plate
HD Chrome Accents on gauges/radio
Tune Trapper Antenna (hidden)
Riders Claw
Footboard/Passenger Extensions
SE Shift Linkage
Joker Machine Saddlebag Latches
Ness Flame Grips (billet)

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 09:00:34 AM »

I'll post a pick of one I have
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 09:09:30 AM »

post a pic if you go with a chopped tour pak, I would be interested to see what it looks like on the bike     :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Although it isn't a SESG the '05 SEEG came stock with a chopped TP and as we all know the Street Glide was born from the '04 & '05 SE Electra Glides...

This should give you a pretty good idea what a 2010 SESG will look like with a chopped TP
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 10:15:04 AM »

I they wont trade it out I may want to but the used tourpak from you

it's not exactly "used" as I haven't actually gotten it yet.  Only ordered it a week ago yesterday.  Probably hasn't even been painted yet.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 11:01:18 AM »

When I bought my CVO Street Glide a week ago, they only offered the King or Razor in the CVO colors.  Now, after I ordered my king, they are offering the Chopped in Candy Concord, Spiced Rum and Tequila.  I am going to the dealer tomorrow to see if it is too late to change my order. I hate the way those armrests look on the pads that fit the king tour pak, and the razor isn't big enough for me to stash my half helmet.

You don't have to go with the passenger back rest with the arms on it.  Since it doesn't come with one, you can order whatever passenger back rest that you want for the King Tour pack.  Have you been through the thread on my mods?

Click on this link and look at the first pic.......    http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.510
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Badger Mike

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2017 Indian Jack Daniels Edition Chieftan
    • CVO3: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 11:36:12 AM »

No offense, but I'm not sure why anyone would buy anything smaller than the King Tour Pak?  Especially if you are going with the detachable, wouldn't you want the most cargo space you can get :nixweiss:  I only use mine for longer trips, so I'm using it as a giant suit case, the first thing I do when I get to the hotel is take the darn thing off.  The only other use in my opinion is when my wife wants to go for a ride, and then she wants the most support she can get.  Just my opinion.
The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, those are really good days.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 11:41:41 AM »

No offense, but I'm not sure why anyone would buy anything smaller than the King Tour Pak?  Especially if you are going with the detachable, wouldn't you want the most cargo space you can get :nixweiss:  I only use mine for longer trips, so I'm using it as a giant suit case, the first thing I do when I get to the hotel is take the darn thing off.  The only other use in my opinion is when my wife wants to go for a ride, and then she wants the most support she can get.  Just my opinion.
You're not by yourself I agree. :2vrolijk_21: When I was looking to buy mine (back in '04) I was surprised that they (MoCo) was charging more for a chopped then the king. Like you I only have mine on when travelling and if I'm going to be at the same location multiple days I take it off while there.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 11:51:11 AM »

it's not exactly "used" as I haven't actually gotten it yet.  Only ordered it a week ago yesterday.  Probably hasn't even been painted yet.
there should be no problem for them to trade it out for you then.
TJ

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 12:03:18 PM »

Unfortunately I have a job were I have to wear a suit everyday.  I use the tourpak 90% of the time to cary my suit coat and to store my half helmet.  I agree that the King Tour Pak is a better choice for a road trip, but I could always put a suitcase on a rack on top of the Chopped tour pack.  With 3 young kids (9, 6 and 3) at home we don't exactly have time to travel across the country on the bike anyway. And when the day comes that I can travel more, I will just get a second (King) tour pack for that purpose and put the Chopped one on a Solo tour pack rack for everyday use.

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 12:08:25 PM »

there should be no problem for them to trade it out for you then.

Just got back from the Dealer (HD Erie) and the girl behind the parts counter called the factory while I waited.  It may be too far along to be stopped, but they are going to call the painter and see.  Since it is a "Paint to Order" part, if they have already started painting it I am stuck with it.  Oh well, my wife really likes the armrests anyway...says she feels more secure.. ::)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »

My thinking is that of Badger Mike's........and I've never put a helmet in a tour pack.  I've hung the helmet on the bars every since the helmet law came into being (about fifteen years). 

But there are other options for the King tour pack.  I'll warn you right now.......once you have a king tour pack, you'll not go back.  It's kind of like riding a bagger for the first time.....once you're at the top of the heap, everything else is back down. :nixweiss:

You gotta find a sitter and at least take the wife on a Friday night, Sat. night get away.  Once you do, you'll both start making it happen more often. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »

I've been kicking myself since '05 for not buying the SEEG. Now with my '10 Spiced Rum, I've got the platform to create the SEEG I always wanted. WITH the 110 engine, ABS and new frame/rear tire. It is painfully obvious to my wallet what a good deal the SEEGs were. They came with the Chopped TP and lowers (vented in '05) for what was it, $28,995? It will take a lot more than that to add the TP and lowers to my SESG. But, worth it in the end, I think. It may take me awhile to get there, but that's the vision...

slamr

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2021 Sunset Orange / Sunset Black Fade
    • CVO2: 2010 Concord FLHXSE - Sold
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2010, 06:46:09 PM »

I really like the pricing on the CVO colors.  We pay so much for our bikes, they can ask "extra" for CVO colors!  :huepfenjump3:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 11:32:56 PM »

I've been kicking myself since '05 for not buying the SEEG. Now with my '10 Spiced Rum, I've got the platform to create the SEEG I always wanted. WITH the 110 engine, ABS and new frame/rear tire. It is painfully obvious to my wallet what a good deal the SEEGs were. They came with the Chopped TP and lowers (vented in '05) for what was it, $28,995? It will take a lot more than that to add the TP and lowers to my SESG. But, worth it in the end, I think. It may take me awhile to get there, but that's the vision...

You want to look at the thread of my mods (it'll take awhile to get through all the mods, there's 38 pages).....I've pretty much duplicated my
SEEG.....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.0

West Coast GTG   

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 11:33:19 AM »

No offense, but I'm not sure why anyone would buy anything smaller than the King Tour Pak?  Especially if you are going with the detachable, wouldn't you want the most cargo space you can get

The other side of the coin, is you can't pack all that extra that you didn't need in the first place!  :2vrolijk_21:
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 01:08:23 PM »

Well, some such as I think that the Chopped TP looks a lot more sportier than the King TP, especially on a bike such as the Street Glide... Keeps it low and mean looking.

Now the Ultra is a different look all together and serves a different purpose.

It's kind of like the difference between a Escalade (being the Ultra with all the bells & whistles) ready for a family vacation with boat in tow, and a Corvette (being a Street Glide that isn't meant to carry a lot) ready for a vacation with your honey, with the top down of course.

No offence meant here, JMHO. 

michaelbmenaker

• Elite CVO Member
  • Ride hard, ride safe!
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 01:46:45 PM »

You want to look at the thread of my mods (it'll take awhile to get through all the mods, there's 38 pages).....I've pretty much duplicated my
SEEG.....  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.0

JCZ, I've been following your thread since day one. One the most expensive things I've ever done. You're bike is great.

Wanna ride

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 10:53:12 PM »

No offense, but I'm not sure why anyone would buy anything smaller than the King Tour Pak?
In my case, it's because I'm a bigger guy and the chopped pak would be just the right size for a weekend.
I never have anyone with me, so I don't really need the extra space from the king pak, and I really like the low profile look of the chopped pak.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 08:28:28 AM »

JCZ, I've been following your thread since day one. One the most expensive things I've ever done. You're bike is great.

Ooooppps, I'm sorry. :nervous: :nervous:

West Coast GTG   

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 04:36:04 PM »

In my case, it's because I'm a bigger guy and the chopped pak would be just the right size for a weekend.
I never have anyone with me, so I don't really need the extra space from the king pak, and I really like the low profile look of the chopped pak.
The chopped tourpak looks great as far as looks go. I had one for my 06 SG and I liked the way it looks. Alas, everytime I packed for a trip, something wouldn't fit it or I wanted something locked up so I didn't have to drag it to the third floor of the motel. I would like to have both, but I can only have one, so I'm gonna go with the king. I think you'll enjoy the chopped if you get it
TJ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 06:36:15 PM »

The chopped tourpak looks great as far as looks go. I had one for my 06 SG and I liked the way it looks. Alas, everytime I packed for a trip, something wouldn't fit it or I wanted something locked up so I didn't have to drag it to the third floor of the motel. I would like to have both, but I can only have one, so I'm gonna go with the king. I think you'll enjoy the chopped if you get it

Provided he doesn't need to lock something up so that he doesn't have to lug it up to the third floor of a hotel. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2010, 08:31:27 PM »

Provided he doesn't need to lock something up so that he doesn't have to lug it up to the third floor of a hotel. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

I liked the chopped as well, but I think being able to fit enough stuff in it is important, so I went with the King. Like someone said--it's removable :2vrolijk_21:

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 08:27:47 AM »

ever see one of these?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2010, 10:48:22 AM »

ever see one of these?

Be interesting to see that when it's finished. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »

Done and RTG

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2010, 03:51:09 PM »

ever see one of these?
[/quote
Where did you get the backrest?
TJ

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 03:52:45 PM »

ever see one of these?
[/quote
Where did you get the backrest?
custom made, one off

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2010, 03:58:10 PM »

TJ

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2010, 04:27:48 PM »

The backrest or TourPak, it's available

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »

The backrest or TourPak, it's available
Looking for the backrest. It covers everthing that always got scratched on my old pak
TJ

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2010, 05:08:24 PM »

Done and RTG

Where's the lower part of the back rest.....the part that goes on the box?

In the two up position it doesn't require much because the passenger sits higher up in relation to the back rest.  However, in the solo position I notice that the back rest is higher up (behind my shoulders) and the Corbin pad that I have on the box part isn't enough to provide any support.  So.......I ordered a Temperpedic lumbar travel cushion.  Just took it down to the local leather alteration shop to have her make a cover for it to fit on the tour pack when I have it in the solo position.   At my age.....gotta have the comfort! :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2010, 05:38:30 PM »

Where's the lower part of the back rest.....the part that goes on the box?

In the two up position it doesn't require much because the passenger sits higher up in relation to the back rest.  However, in the solo position I notice that the back rest is higher up (behind my shoulders) and the Corbin pad that I have on the box part isn't enough to provide any support.  So.......I ordered a Temperpedic lumbar travel cushion.  Just took it down to the local leather alteration shop to have her make a cover for it to fit on the tour pack when I have it in the solo position.   At my age.....gotta have the comfort! :2vrolijk_21:
I think that to get any back support the rest will have to be at a straight degree angle. In a position like the chopped pak backrest. The rest that larryb shows would need that added in that area. It still would look good I think, built in that way with the rest of the rest wrapped around like shown. Almost like taking the corbin backrest and shaving the arms down. This is a good design although.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 05:40:35 PM by tjstreetglide »
TJ

tjstreetglide

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2010, 05:44:31 PM »

Sorry if I hijacked the thread. But I just ordered the king tourpak for my rummy.  :)
TJ

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 19 roadglide mako shark
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2010, 09:04:37 AM »

ordered chopped for my concorde
04 cvo duece blue sold
06 electaglide classic sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako
and washboy for wifes softail deluxe

Pete

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2010, 08:02:12 PM »

Hey, come'on you guys - somebody please post a pic of the chopped tour pak! I just sprung for the lowers (look awesome in Candy) and need to make a decision here and soon - its like 35 degrees out there! I saw a chipmonk this morning!

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2010, 08:58:30 PM »

ordered mine feb 22 cant wait. they told me 6 to 8 weeks . what i dont see on my order is a back rest pad.do they come automatic on chopped. i know my king did not. thanks terry
04 cvo duece blue sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2010, 07:25:05 AM »

ordered mine feb 22 cant wait. they told me 6 to 8 weeks . what i dont see on my order is a back rest pad.do they come automatic on chopped. i know my king did not. thanks terry

No...I ordered a Smooth backrest pad..about $150 I think.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 08:39:17 AM »

You'll have to order a backrest.......and a lock keyed to your existing.

West Coast GTG   

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 09:55:04 AM »

thanks for info. i got harley book out cant figure which one will match stock seat the best. my bikes in tn im in mich so i cant go out and look any ideas would be great also will the king ones fit or does it have to be chopped one thanks again terry
04 cvo duece blue sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2010, 10:24:53 AM »

I don't think any of the HD backrests are going to be a match for the SESG......you'll need to go to an aftermarket seat for that. :nixweiss:

It's a hell of a lot of money spent for what little storage space you get. :nervous:

West Coast GTG   

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2010, 10:39:32 AM »

thanks jc i probably should go corbin like yours. i think i will go with smooth backrest for now looks closest to me. my wife would like the one with armrests like my electra classic had i told her it wont fit. did i lie. thanks terry
04 cvo duece blue sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako

jayray00SERG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red FLTRSE1
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2010, 06:47:58 PM »

I like the chopped that came with my 00SERG. I carry my softsided laptop briefcase in it and my half helmet fits. I will be doing some business from the bike so I can write off some expenses. Long trips I can strap on a duffle and bag to take in the hotel with me. Works out great!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2010, 06:51:49 PM »

thanks jc i probably should go corbin like yours. i think i will go with smooth backrest for now looks closest to me. my wife would like the one with armrests like my electra classic had i told her it wont fit. did i lie. thanks terry

I believe that I saw a pic of somebody that put an Ultra Classic passenger back rest on the chopped (minus the pouch that hangs down).  I know that the Corbin back rest has longer arms on it than the Harley one and it would fit on a chopped.  I think it would look kind of strange though.....not sure. :nixweiss:

West Coast GTG   

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2010, 05:53:37 PM »

has anyone got there chopped yet im waiting for mine thanks terry
04 cvo duece blue sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2010, 06:34:01 PM »

Still waiting here too.  Can't wait to see how the 'Smooth' backrest looks with the stock seat.  I wish they had one to match

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2010, 07:32:52 PM »

has anyone got there chopped yet im waiting for mine thanks terry
My chopped SR arrived today. It'll be a week or two before I get to it though. Still haven't figured out about the back rest... the only use will be solo up ridin'. Just got my Corbin seat in this week, almost a 5 month wait, am leary of dealing with Corbin remotely again.

2 weeks or so before I have pics.
~~~~~
Mike
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Deflectorization

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2010, 07:36:15 PM »

Still waiting here too.  Can't wait to see how the 'Smooth' backrest looks with the stock seat.  I wish they had one to match
i also ordered the smooth i think itll be ok
04 cvo duece blue sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako

Wanna ride

« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2010, 09:02:32 PM »

That does it... screw it. I'm ordering one this week.

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2010, 06:04:53 PM »

Sorry for pic quality...I took these on my iPhone

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2010, 06:05:38 PM »

number 2

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2010, 06:06:15 PM »

number 3

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2010, 06:06:56 PM »

number 4

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2010, 08:09:36 PM »

Looks great! I've got one on order and the dealer had no pictures so from what I can see it is all a solid color , correct? They didn't know if there would be any stripes or flames.

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2010, 08:16:37 PM »

Looks great! I've got one on order and the dealer had no pictures so from what I can see it is all a solid color , correct? They didn't know if there would be any stripes or flames.

Flames on the top of the lid.  I will post a picture when I get home.  11pm EST or so.  maybe a little earlier.  You can almost make out the flame on the 4th picture above if you look close at the front corner of the lid.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:19:57 PM by ScreaminStreetGlide »

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2010, 08:45:14 PM »

number 3

That chopped TP looks awesome on your SESG...

It's hard to tell from the photo, but it sure looks like you went "all the way" and added those super cool custom billet chrome hinges some of us have purchased from TwoLane???

Nice going!  :2vrolijk_21:

If I may suggest, adding the Screamin' Eagle script across the back of the TP maybe the finishing touch to really give your "ScreaminStreetGlide" the "wow" factor.  :nixweiss:  Just sayin'.

Just a thought on how to spend more of your hard earned $.

Again, looks awesome!

« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 08:56:19 PM by Grizzly »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2010, 08:53:57 PM »

Not the best pic, but it shows the pin stripped flames on the lid.

West Coast GTG   

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2010, 08:59:29 PM »

looks great pic 3 can see the stripes . how long wait did it take to get .they told me 6 to 8 weeks the waits killin me thanks t
04 cvo duece blue sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2010, 11:23:28 PM »

looks great pic 3 can see the stripes . how long wait did it take to get .they told me 6 to 8 weeks the waits killin me thanks t

Ordered January 29, got call that it was in March 09
Here are some better pictures:

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »

another

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2010, 11:24:52 PM »

another

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2010, 11:25:34 PM »

last one

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2010, 07:18:51 PM »

Top looks good and can't wait to get mine in and on!

Is there anything you've seen that replaces the logo on top? Hard to see (I'm old) but maybe it looks ok in person.

ScreaminStreetGlide

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »

Top looks good and can't wait to get mine in and on!

Is there anything you've seen that replaces the logo on top? Hard to see (I'm old) but maybe it looks ok in person.

I think the logo looks fine in person...

Wanna ride

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2010, 12:29:53 AM »

My chopped tour pak came in today, rushed home and got it all assembled and installed. I'll take some pictures tomorrow in the daylight. Ordered it on March 18th, and it came in today. That's pretty good since they originally told me it would take the standard 6-8 weeks. I'm a little disappointed at the moco about the fit on the hinges and latches, for this kind of coin, you'd expect a better fit.

I ordered everything from Doug at Chicago HD. Good guy, he hooked me up with the 20% discount.

trwtow

• Elite CVO Member
    • MI

« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »

My chopped tour pak came in today, rushed home and got it all assembled and installed. I'll take some pictures tomorrow in the daylight. Ordered it on March 18th, and it came in today. That's pretty good since they originally told me it would take the standard 6-8 weeks. I'm a little disappointed at the moco about the fit on the hinges and latches, for this kind of coin, you'd expect a better fit.

I ordered everything from Doug at Chicago HD. Good guy, he hooked me up with the 20% discount.
mine is the same as yours fit wise dealer told me there all like that. im putting chrome hinges on hopefully i can adjust it a little and tighten it up some
04 cvo duece blue sold
10 sesg concorde sold
12 sesg ruby sold
17 sesg orange sold
19 cvo roadglide mako

Wanna ride

« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2010, 12:12:40 AM »

I've never had a tour pak on any of my bikes until now, so I never really looked too closely at some of the hardware details... until this week. tonight, I was checking out all my bud's rides that have tour paks. Seems pretty common for the moco to not pay a lot of attention to making the latches and hinges fit perfectly. I guess their "quality control" isn't quite aligned with our "quality expectations". Go figure...

I still need to get some good pics of the bike with it on. I don't have a backrest for it yet. I can't really decide which one I want. In all honesty, I wouldn't even put one on there if it didn't already have the damn holes in it. I don't want to encourage anyone to ride with me. Maybe, I'll just make one myself, just big enough to cover all the holes.

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2010, 06:31:46 AM »

8) solo seat  :P

I'll get my pad on this weekend and get some pics posted with the chopped on a solo rack.
~~~~~
Mike
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Deflectorization

Wanna ride

« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2010, 12:36:04 PM »

8) solo seat  :P

I'll get my pad on this weekend and get some pics posted with the chopped on a solo rack.

Cool, thanks! I'd like to have a solo seat, but I have a 16 year old daughter. She doesn't necessarily "ride" with me. But occasionally I have to let all the boys at her school know her dad is a big, burly, tatooed biker. So I go pick her up at school a couple times a year on the bike... it's good for scare tactics. Doesn't scare all of them off, but weeds out a bunch with almost no effort. ;D

Wanna ride

« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2010, 11:31:24 PM »

Does anyone other than Harley make backrests for tourpaks? I want (need) one, but don't really like any of the ones the moco makes.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2010, 12:19:26 AM »

the King is still the way to go.Why not have the space when it's available? Enjoy... :-\

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #74 on: April 12, 2010, 07:13:42 AM »

Do we have 4 point docking as standard OEM equipment?
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

BLU Bike

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2010, 08:19:06 AM »

The 2 point was what comes standard but I added the 4 point for options. The 4 point is a lot cleaner that the older style though.

Sapper6

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2010, 08:24:41 AM »

Does anyone other than Harley make backrests for tourpaks? I want (need) one, but don't really like any of the ones the moco makes.

Corbin Does, JC has the Corbin on his King Tour Pack.

I also have seen a custom one made for a TS that LarryB had done, which I plan to ask him about myself.  He posted a pic of it here awhile back.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2010, 08:34:55 AM »

Corbin makes the passenger backrest w/long arms on it for the passenger.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2010, 08:36:52 AM »

One more perspective.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2010, 08:48:26 AM »

And a pad for when you're riding in the solo position....

West Coast GTG   

Wanna ride

« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2010, 09:30:48 PM »

Gotta admit... yours looks sweet! But all I want is a small pad that doesn't go over the top. Just big enough to cover all the mounting holes.

Racerdj

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2015 FLHXSE

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHTKSE
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2010, 06:32:25 PM »

Awsome stiching!
Harley addict here looking for 'The Cure'

Wanna ride

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2010, 01:12:15 AM »

Gotta admit... yours looks sweet! But all I want is a small pad that doesn't go over the top. Just big enough to cover all the mounting holes.
I think I found what I'm looking for. Paul Yaffe makes a ""chop-chop backrest". I'll call them tomorrow, and if it's what I'm looking for, then I'll post some pics!

Wanna ride

« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2010, 11:34:53 AM »

Here's a pic I took the other day with the new chooped tour-pak. It's hard to see here, but the holes are there. I just haven't found a backrest-pad I like yet.

What do you guys think? You know how it is... we dwell on theses simple little details for weeks before we make a decision.

Doug at Chicago HD really hooked me up with the 20% discount on this mod. I got the disconnect kit, the pak, the lock (with two keys to match the bike!) and the pack.. all for $868. I picked it up at the dealership, so there was no shipping, but $80 in stinking Illinois tax.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 11:50:02 AM by Wanna Ride »

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2010, 12:47:21 PM »

Here's a pic I took the other day with the new chooped tour-pak. It's hard to see here, but the holes are there. I just haven't found a backrest-pad I like yet.

What do you guys think? You know how it is... we dwell on theses simple little details for weeks before we make a decision.

Doug at Chicago HD really hooked me up with the 20% discount on this mod. I got the disconnect kit, the pak, the lock (with two keys to match the bike!) and the pack.. all for $868. I picked it up at the dealership, so there was no shipping, but $80 in stinking Illinois tax.

That bike is so sweet looking it makes you "Wanna Ride"!

The chopped TP looks awesome!  :2vrolijk_21:

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.34 seconds with 21 queries.