Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: new indian chieftan elite  (Read 12264 times)

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
Re: new indian chieftan elite
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 10:46:44 AM »

Not Bad Looking at all !!!!
DND

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 12:07:02 PM »

Kinda like when Harley launched their CVO Line.  Custom Vehicle Operation.....HD has loosen up on the Custom part over the years. 

mark

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 04:47:04 PM »

Best thing Indian could do is keep production numbers low to keep the exclusivity and uniqueness.  Having had a couple of CVOs, I thought HD overplayed their hand when they increased CVO production numbers and started introducing a multitude of CVO models each year.  I preferred when HD only had two CVOs per year - a touring bike and either a Softail or Dyna.         

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 07:51:07 PM »

Well, the general reply is the best looking Polaris they have ever seen. Well that is because it "kind" of looks like a Harley. More so than the other Polaris models ever have. Street Glide copy, and why would anyone say it is a actual custom paint job? No different than HD, So far I have not seen a robot that can tape and lay-out graphics but if they existed, Polaris would have one first.

red ben59

• 1K CVO Member
  • ALL GAVE SOME SOME GAVE ALL
    • NC

• CVO1: 08 FXDSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCUSE8
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 08:54:11 PM »

Individually produced, hand painted, that's how CV O's got started ( just saying). Best looking Indian I've seen so far. :nixweiss:

mark

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2017, 10:18:25 PM »

Well, the general reply is the best looking Polaris they have ever seen. Well that is because it "kind" of looks like a Harley. More so than the other Polaris models ever have. Street Glide copy, and why would anyone say it is a actual custom paint job? No different than HD, So far I have not seen a robot that can tape and lay-out graphics but if they existed, Polaris would have one first.

"Street Glide copy".  Indian changes a front fender and that one change makes it a "Street Glide copy?"  In order to be a CVO Street Glide copy, it would have to have valve train failure, tires that could only be purchased at a HD shop, compensator problems, poor custom paint, etc. 

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2017, 08:10:57 AM »

Hand painted is why it a custom paint job.  Video even says no two will be exactly alike.  So it is different than Harley. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

ultrarider123

« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2017, 08:24:06 AM »

"Street Glide copy".  Indian changes a front fender and that one change makes it a "Street Glide copy?"  In order to be a CVO Street Glide copy, it would have to have valve train failure, tires that could only be purchased at a HD shop, compensator problems, poor custom paint, etc.

Now DAT'S phuny rat dare.... ;D

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2017, 09:05:43 AM »

I like the new Front Fender!    Hated the old one.    They are getting closer, now all they have to do is redesign the "Bowling Ball Storage Case" Saddlebags and they might have a viable competitor...
 :nervous:

DOCGSS

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MD

• CVO1: 2020 CVO STREET GLIDE
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2017, 01:48:20 PM »

I was at the HD Factory open house in September. All CVOs are custom painted and not by Harley. One shop, chosen by Willie G, has been doing all of the painting and then ships the completed painted parts to York. They contiue to be custom hand painted.

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2017, 02:13:22 PM »

Indian is also building 150 Jack Daniels tribute bikes.

ultrarider123

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2017, 03:14:16 PM »

As well as this one.  I'm hoping they have the new John Daniels bike along with the limited and elite at the Knoxville Indian dealer demo this weekend.  If they do and I get a chance to run by, I'll shoot some pics.

Meanwhile, this is a nice looking ride...

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2017, 08:18:17 PM »

***"Street Glide copy".  Indian changes a front fender and that one change makes it a "Street Glide copy?"  In order to be a CVO Street Glide copy, it would have to have valve train failure, tires that could only be purchased at a HD shop, compensator problems, poor custom paint, etc.***

Well, I have had 5 in this century, 4 of them CVO's and none had valve train problems, never a compensator problem and no paint problems (& I ran a body shop so I understand paint). Tire deal is no problem to me, I have and will continue to use Dunlop tires as they are part of Goodyear and Goodyear sponsors and supports almost every racing series in the world, I support them as a result.
So yes it looks like a Street Glide copy to me, but then Polaris has no choice but to make clones. They are chasing the market that HD has continued to develop without a multi decade gap for over a hundred years.

mark

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2017, 09:27:37 PM »

I just don't understand why some HD owners feel so threatened by Indian.  They slam the bikes without justification.  Poor Indian can't win - they produce a bike with a throwback front fender and HD owners dislike that.  They later produce a model with a different fender and now they're cloning the SG.  I'm sure the CEO of Polaris would agree on one point - they are chasing HD, trying to peel off part of HD's 50+% control of the domestic MC market.  So far Indian has been successful.

Competition will make HD a stronger brand.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 09:51:48 PM by Mark »

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2017, 11:26:30 PM »

I just don't understand why some HD owners feel so threatened by Indian.  They slam the bikes without justification.  Poor Indian can't win - they produce a bike with a throwback front fender and HD owners dislike that.  They later produce a model with a different fender and now they're cloning the SG.  I'm sure the CEO of Polaris would agree on one point - they are chasing HD, trying to peel off part of HD's 50+% control of the domestic MC market.  So far Indian has been successful.

Competition will make HD a stronger brand.
I agree with much of what you say here but not that Indian has been successful so far. Indian dealers are starving across the country and with Polaris shutting Victory which many if not most are paired with their future is uncertain at best.
I have never been a fan of the looks of the Indian but will admit this Elite is very nice! I would have liked to have seen them put a larger motor in this special model but think they are probably "dipping their toe in the water" with this model and trying to grab some positive press which I think they will do. If they would have stuck a 121 inch motor in this baby then I think it really would have shook things up. I test drove their 111 motor and though the torque was very similar to the M8, it really fell on its face above 3500.
Alan
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 24 queries.