Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 14” bars  (Read 3987 times)

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

14” bars
« on: June 15, 2018, 06:13:48 PM »

Thinking about changing bars to 14” KST or Factory 47.  Factory 47 did a video where they installed 14” bars on a street glide without having to extend cables.  They moved cables in fairing to where there facing towards rider instead of away. Also they changed places of the brake & clutch cables.  Dealer says no way installing 14’s without needing longer cables.  Has anyone done it. 
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

Re: 14” bars
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 02:54:38 PM »

I'm going with 12" KST bars. They seem similar to Factory 47's and about 1/2 price. I had them on my RG & liked them. Now deciding if I'm gonna tackle this project myself. Called dealer & there saying 6-8 hrs to swap bars with a cost of $950.00. There saying all everything needs to be longer to work. KST says they have put 14" on Limited's using stock length cables. Maybe dealer is F.O.S. and trying to pad the price. I've watched the Factory 47 video & they installed 14" bars on a 17 Street Glide using the stock cables.. They just rerouted the brake & clutch cables & moved the other cables to front.. Although its time consuming I may attempt it..
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 06:41:05 PM »

Are you putting them on a batwing bike or a road glide?   My guy had em done on the road glide in less than 2hrs.  Maybe an hr and a half.  I know on the street glide or limited it would be longer.  No way what that guy is trying to get from you. Look for an indy and see what they say.    Stuart.   Oh. I have  14' yaffe bars.   Stock cables too.   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 10:17:05 PM by cvostu »

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 07:10:00 PM »

Putting on 2018 CVO Limited. Yea Indy shop said 4-6 hrs as well. They must be crazy.. Don't think it takes 6 hrs to change out handlebars, but I could be wrong... I know the faring has to come off or tilt it forward to get bars off.. But 6 hours that seems little bit out there..
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 11:04:45 PM »

Did the bar swap today. I took off stock bars and cables then took new bars to Indy shop and had them run wires.  Only charged me 1 hr ($85).  Then I came home and installed them. Took me some time as things were fighting me.  Now my heated grips and seat don’t work along with have a check engine lite on now. So maybe have take back apart or take to shop.  Seems like I can’t win when I try to save some $$$$
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

hooperville

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

14” bars
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 07:54:54 PM »

I had the KST 14” Renegade bars installed by KST at Laconia Bike Week. Took them about an hour and they said you can go up to 14 inches without needing extensions. I really like them!

Good luck with the wiring!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 07:56:44 PM by hooperville »

bigchuck

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 Limited
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 03:52:10 PM »

Did the bar swap today. I took off stock bars and cables then took new bars to Indy shop and had them run wires.  Only charged me 1 hr ($85).  Then I came home and installed them. Took me some time as things were fighting me.  Now my heated grips and seat don’t work along with have a check engine lite on now. So maybe have take back apart or take to shop.  Seems like I can’t win when I try to save some $$$$

Did you ever get the bugs worked out?
2015 CVO Limited
Long Ride Shield
Fullsac dx w/2"cores, TTS tuned by Wolfgang
Super Shox

newseultra07

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 02:04:09 PM »

Did you ever get the bugs worked out?

Yes all bugs worked out... One of the heated grip ends wasn't fully seated & that made the heated seat not work also. They are all tied together...
2018 Anniversary CVO M8

Mofo67

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 06:57:24 AM »

I just installed 12” bars on my ‘19 RG CVO with no extensions. First time I’ve swapped bars myself and it took me a little under 3hrs. I know it is more involved on a batwing with having to loosen and shift the inner fairing. As for extensions, dealers don’t like to change the routing of factory cables, wires. On my ‘17 CVO Limited a couple of years ago the dealer refused to put anything higher than a 10” on my bike without new cables. They said it wasn’t safe and I would have issues down the road. I ended up with Wild One Chubby 10” and really liked them. In that case I guess I let the dealer talk me into something that actually tuned out ok. FYI, check out Wild One Chubby bars. They are very comfortable, really good fit and finish and less expensive than Factory 47 or Yaffe.
Good luck and enjoy your new bars...

SFC CVO

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 03:43:06 PM »

I had the KST 14” Renegade bars installed by KST at Laconia Bike Week. Took them about an hour and they said you can go up to 14 inches without needing extensions. I really like them!

Good luck with the wiring!

I’m considering having these bars put on at Laconia. How much did they charge to install? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 04:47:42 PM »

I’m considering having these bars put on at Laconia. How much did they charge to install? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw these beautiful KTS 1 1/2 inch bars at their display In Leesburg ,FL.    How much installed???

hooperville

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 07:32:45 PM »

If my memory serves me correctly, it was 599 or 699. I tried too find the receipt but was unsuccessful. Good luck!

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.