Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chrome Covers . . .  (Read 3155 times)

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
Chrome Covers . . .
« on: January 24, 2010, 08:53:02 PM »

Today I had the rear seat, back rest and bags off. Man do those detachable mounts stick out like a h@rd-0n..

I went to the Harley Shop and tried on the chrome covers, they had 3 sizes and the large didn't even come close to covering the mounts  >:(

Has anyone found anything to cover these?
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

Re: Chrome Covers . . .
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 10:40:11 AM »

I'm looking in the 2010 Harley P & A catalog, on page 543. I tried on the Large P/N 48220-10 while it slipped over the mount, it didn't cover it all the way (about half way). There are two other sizes in Chrome, Short P/N 48218-10 and Small P/N 48035-09.

So you're saying the Small Chrome is the one for the ConV P/N 48035-09 ??  I'll give Quad's H-D a call and see if the stock it..
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 08:59:18 PM »

If you should decide that you want to put on the accessory trunk, you will find that you have to buy the docking kit extensions (so you will be able to install your saddlebags beside the trunk support) and that makes them stick out about 1/2" longer on each side as well.  MoCo rep told me last summer that they may be trying to remedy that issue but it may require a completely different rear fender rail system, which could get a bit costly.  But the pegs would be detatchable(:nixweiss:).   Unfortunately there seems to be a down side to our bikes being quick-detachable, etc.

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 09:09:05 AM »

Well thank goodness the wife doesn't like the trunk. She has a T-Bag that attaches to the backrest and sits on the seat behind her.

I don't see her taking the saddlebags off except to clean the bike. She didn't like not having a place for her "Stuff". The docking hardware doesn't show much with the seat and backrest off and the bags on.

She can hardly wait for the Mustache engine guard. I anxiously await the Fatboy windshield.
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 05:33:46 PM »

So, have you gotten the windshield?  How did the mustache guard look to you once you installed it?  It doesn't look like it would be too comfortable to put feet on for someone like me that has long legs.  However, the highway lights that mount on the engine guard would be able to fit farther out to the end of the guard because it is squared off more than on the one I bought.  Everything seems to have a plus and a minus.   Pork

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 08:03:29 AM »

The Mustache is more for looks and to protect the bike if it tips. I have put my feet up on there a few times, you get a breeze up your pant legs and it's too high for comfort but if it's cold out and you wanna block the wind, it helps. I only use them to stretch a bit. I do like the look of the Mustache and the wife insisted on one. The windshield (Fatboy) is the best. The wife didn't want it but after one ride, she said it's not coming off.
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 09:50:16 AM »

I have put my feet up on there a few times, you get a breeze up your pant legs

Gamma

Have been using pant clips to solve that problem. It's a clip that hooks to a boot lace and a clip that hooks to the bottom of your jeans. I hardly ride without them anymore. To store them I hook the pant clip on another shoe lace and keep them on my boots.

Here is where I got mine The one on the front page is my exact pair. They work great at keeping my pants down.

The "Stach" bar looks fantastic on the ConV but you are correct about it being functional. We too use hwy pegs and 360 adjustable mounts.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.