Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Buying 2010 FLSTSE - What did you pay? Did you get a good deal?  (Read 11735 times)

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
Buying 2010 FLSTSE - What did you pay? Did you get a good deal?
« on: February 10, 2010, 02:13:40 PM »

Looking to buy 2010 FLSTSE. Did anyone get a good deal on their purchase?
Live To Win!

porkypig

• The only "easy" day was yesterday........
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Badeah, badeah, b'dat's All, Folks!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: Buying 2010 FLSTSE - What did you pay? Did you get a good deal?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 02:36:31 PM »

I ordered mine 2nd week of August after test riding one (several actually) at Sturgis.  In early October I took my trade into the dealer and we agreed upon $28,900 for the bike and he gave me $13,800 for my '05 Heritage with 57,000 miles.  I thought I got a decent deal, considering the tax incentive, not having to sell it on my own, and the mileage on the bike.  And getting the color I wanted.  Stealers aren't really very hungry with an SE, especially a brand new model.

Graybeard

• Junior CVO Member
  • Patriot Guard Rider

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Sharon)
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 03:50:36 PM »

I purchased my 2010 CVO Conv last November. These are limited edition and there was no "deal" on the bike. In fact, my model is the only one the dealer in Annapolis has had in stock to date. They are scheduled for another one in a few weeks.

Like the other guy on the thread, you might get something extra on a trade or financing. Can't speak to that, I had nothing to trade and paid cash for the ride.

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »

I paid MSRP in Nov. 09, I went to several Dealers that either had them or were due to get them and no one would ever consider moving on the price.

Here in MI there were several of the Red and Orange not one in Blue, I think that will be the rarest of colors. Its a great bike good luck and get one while you can.

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 04:38:11 PM »

I live outside Lexington, KY and we have the Red and Blue one here. I found an orange one that had just sold in Indiana for $25,900. It had 554 miles on it and had Rinehart pipes put on it. Here in Lexington they offered the bike at $27,999 plus $350 setup and $1000 in store credit. Not a bad deal. A store in Ohio offered it at $27,999 with no setup or freight charges. Just trying to get info to make the best deal.
Live To Win!

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »

I paid MSRP on 11/23/09 for an orange one in NY. My dealer threw in a free H-D Modular helmet. I was going to buy that very one anyway so I was happy as it was a $275 save.

Mike
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Kisscorky

• Full CVO Member
  • Feeding a Cat!
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 05:00:30 PM »

I checked with my local HD Dealer and he found out that 1865 FLSTSE have been made. The advertisement says approx. 2500. He could not find out the breakdown of each color, but I have found many red and orange ones and only one blue one. The orange stands out, the red looks great with all the chrome, and the blue looks good in person, but is my least favorite.
Live To Win!

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 05:20:55 PM »

I like the Orange, Red and Blue in that order however I did see the blue one in person at the NYC Motorcycle Show and it was quite striking. It is going to look awesome outside on a sunny day.

Mike
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 05:29:24 PM »

Mike, did Harley say anything about a windshield mod at the NYC bike show?   :jack:  (nobody say a thing or the softail convertible gets it!)..........  ::)

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 05:54:37 PM »

the Factory rep said he appreciated all my feedback and said he would bring the comments back to HQ. He seemed genuinely interested but who knows if anything will ever come of it.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 05:58:19 PM »

Well, then, that sort of tells me that they aren't due to release something like we were looking for in the next month or so.  I need to get off my 2 spot and get something done.  thanks. 

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 07:05:13 PM »

MSRP paid here. They wanted more.

Stole it before Goldfar could get his hands on it.  <snicker>

Best windshield is the fatboy shield. You can get your choice of sizes and shades. We got the med height in smoke. Fits with no mods.

Porky...  open that wallet and let some butterflies out every once in a while.

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 07:16:22 PM »

:smash:

See?? nothing in my wallet..........   

Gamma742

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE Red
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 09:51:32 AM »

I picked ours up only about a month ago. There are 4 dealerships in my county and ended up getting mine in he less desirable neighborhood. It's seemed they were having problems selling this model in that that city. They had 2 of the Scarlets in stock and sales are down in January as you would expect. I told the sales guy that if he knocks 3k off the MSRP I would take one off his hands. He said he couldn't do that so I walked away. He said give him a moment to call the sales manager. I told him I would but I was running out of day and need to get to the bank before is closes to get the cashiers check. About two minutes later he said he could do it.

He tried to jack me a bit on the Setup and Delivery fees. He wanted  around $650 each. I pointed out in the Moco brochure that delivery was $360 so that was resolved. We argued over the setup fee for a little while, my position was it doesn't take more than 4 hour to set up a bike so lets say 4 hour @ 75 per hour.. I pay $300. He's response was "I'm giving you $3000 off MSRP!! $475 take it or leave it.

We shook hands and I got it out the door for $28,785.63 including CA emission, tax, lic, doc, etc.
2017 Road King
2010 Convertible

porkypig

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 10:48:48 AM »

That sounds like a great deal, Gamma.  At my local dealership (which went into bankruptcy within a week of us working on a deal) they tried to get me for $3000 over msrp and told me that was the absolutely best deal they could do me on that bike and that the boss probably wouldn't hold it for me past the weekend.  ha!  Well, that bike is still sitting on the floor 4 months later.  their whole dealership has been closed since that date.  So, I figure they had wind things were heading south and didn't want to or couldn't "help a brother out".  
Where I ended up trading and doing business, 85 miles away, they adjusted the numbers, I'm sure.  Having bought about 10 or 11 new vehicles throughout my life, I am convinced stealers can either "lower the bridge or raise the river" to make a deal.  Rarely do they do both.  They can inflate the value of your trade so you feel like you got a good deal there.  But their vehicle usually stays put at their asking price.  Or they can give you an exceptional buy on the price of their new bike but will lowball you and try to make you feel like a putz for buying your bike or car in the first place, because it "just didn't hold up in value.  You should have bought that other bike or car and then it would be worth more than you paid for it on a trade in"  ha!  
I do know that they gave me $13,800 trade in on my 5 year old bike with 57,000 miles on it.  It is sitting on their floor right now with a price tag of $14,286 so it is not marked up that much.  I got the new bike for msrp plus setup/delivery, but they made their money on me one way or another.......Trick is to do the best you can do and move forward.  Usually, 3 or 4 months later I can't even remember how much I paid for the new rig.  Life is for the living.  Move forward and ride on!!   Never fall in love with a vehicle.............until after you get home.  If they won't give it to you for your price, don't be afraid to walk toward the door.  Rarely will they let you touch the handle before they come back around and want to resume talks.  Sometimes cash talks and sometimes........ not so much.   I think you did well, Gamma!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:59:05 AM by porkypig »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 21 queries.