Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New ConV speedo possibly creates tuning issues  (Read 2529 times)

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
New ConV speedo possibly creates tuning issues
« on: February 15, 2010, 08:39:34 PM »

I found out today that there may be tuning issues on the ConV due to the new digital speedometer. The tuning module will not control the ECM to up or download the map information. The module will see the ECM but will not read the data or write to it.

Tuner manufactures are aware of past issues when dealing with the ECM if Dakota Digital gauges are used with the SERT, TTS and the SEST. It's common knowledge that you must disconnect a digital speedo before flashing the ECM with one of these devices.

Tuner manufacturers have seen this before and have made modifications in their code to turn off the signal from the speedo but not in the case of the 2010 ConV, it's too new. I was told of a possible bug in the ECM software by HD and they are working on a fix. This is second hand info but thought it to be interesting enough to put it here.

Of course this will be fixed soon enough but I do know some of you are considering the TMax which replaces the HD ECM. Before you buy and install you may want to check with TMax to see if there could be an issue with the new ConV speedo.

Like I said, this is second hand info and just happened to me but it may pay to check first with the manufacturer of choice especially one that replaces the factory ECM.

Graybeard

• Junior CVO Member
  • Patriot Guard Rider

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Sharon)
Re: New ConV speedo possibly creates tuning issues
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 09:21:36 AM »

Thanks for the heads up. I plan to check with TMAX today and see if there is an issue hear.

Mickey

Graybeard

• Junior CVO Member
  • Patriot Guard Rider

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Sharon)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 12:22:56 PM »

I talked to Tom at TMax about this issue, and also mentioned it to Mike at Annapolis HD, the guy that will be installing the TMax. Mike has done over 40 installs, but admits that he has yet to do one on the CVO convertable. Mike said that he has no reason to believe there is going to be a problem. Tom at TMax also stated that they have tested this out on the 2010 ECMs and don't believe there is a problem. I have to point out that in both conversations, neither one said "absolutely", since the CVO convertable is new and not a lot of history has been established yet.

Looks like my install will contribute to the history. Oh BTW, I did find out that with the TMAX installed, the ETIMS Engine Temp management) on the CVO convertable is inoperative, but due to the advanced idle speed and AFR configurations, Mike said the system should not be needed. The TMAX can also be programed to enrich the AFR at idle if engine temperatures reach a certain high baseline, thus providing additional cooling.

Anyway, we should know in a few weeks.

Mickey

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:49:21 PM »

Latest update

For anyone using a TTS on the new ConV with the digital speedo.

Remove the ACCY fuse. It's located under the seat and under the fuse cover, the center fuse in the row closest to the rear fender or ECM. You can see where it is missing in this picture. Once it is pulled the speedo will not power up and the TTS will lock in with no further issues.

Can't wait to do my VTunes.

To Steve and Gary at TTS. Thank you for your support.

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 21 queries.