Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: head lamp bezel  (Read 2216 times)

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
head lamp bezel
« on: February 21, 2010, 02:42:57 PM »

i saw a display model "convertible in blue" at swiss performance show today, i noticed there a a 1/4" cap at the closing of the chrome bezel around the glass, is everybodies headlamp bezel badly fitted like this?  i have heard of cost cutting but this takes the biscuit!

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
Re: head lamp bezel
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 06:29:19 PM »

i saw a display model "convertible in blue" at swiss performance show today, i noticed there a a 1/4" cap at the closing of the chrome bezel around the glass, is everybodies headlamp bezel badly fitted like this?  i have heard of cost cutting but this takes the biscuit!

Same here.

I was able to close the gap pretty well while tightening it a little more. Not perfect, but it is much better.

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 06:45:21 PM »

Yeah, mine is the same way. I noticed it after I took mine off to install the garage door opener (it connects to the high beam wires for power and activation). I was concerned that I did not install it back correctly. At least I know now it's back on "correctly".

Mike
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • SPIARTSgraphics
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »

:nixweiss: If you are speaking about the left and right sides when joining them together, I thought by now that would have been solved. That is the problem i discovered on my 08 serk. I thought the problem had been fixed by now. I would ask parts about a corrected size. I purchase the part the same day that I rode the bike home, and determine that modifications for the new lamp style had not been design.  So, this is what I did.  I purchase a roll of chrome tape from the auto store, cut a strip and covered up that gap. It has fool the critics for 2 1/2 years. When it becomes frail replace it.
Jcarl
• I picked up my pal October 12, 2007
This is my slogan coined years ago, "I love to ride and ride what I love" I am an artist and photographer down in Houston, Texas that loves the two wheel experience.

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 24 queries.