Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: New FLSTSE Owner  (Read 6146 times)

skiers

Re: New FLSTSE Owner
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 10:38:02 PM »

This is what it sounds like with the V&H Big Radius 2 into 2

RoadKingHog

• Black Diamond/Silver Dust
  • Junior CVO Member
  • May the sun shine ahead, and the wind at your back

• CVO1: 2008 Road King
    • CVO2: 2010 Softail Convertible
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 03:41:13 PM »

Very nice looking pipes!  Which make/model are they?? I notice you retained the stock air filter.  I trust you did not have to re-map ECM with a tuner??  We just picked up the same bike for my wife.  She absolutely loves the feel and handling.  She just wants to start out with slip-ons for now and not have to re-do intake, headers, and re-map with a tuner.  I have the 08 Road King CVO with Rinehart true duals, heavy breather and the Race Tuner re-mapped; the combination works great on my RK, but she doesn't know what she'll want so for now we're going to stick with slip-ons.

A couple of dealers seem to be pointing us to either the Rush or Python slip-ons (2 Rush, 1 Pythons) with no more than a 1.175 baffle so as not to affect the oxygen sensors.

We need something soon so the neighbors will be able to distinguish starting the bike instead of my riding lawn mower.

Any ideas??
2008 Road King SE
Rinehart True Duals
SE Heavy Breather
TTS Tuner
CC Seats solo seat
Progressive 940 Rear Shocks
Motolights
Kuryakyn Floorboard Relocator Brackets
Heel Guard

skiers

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 04:16:25 PM »

Thanks for the compliment. The pipes are V&H Big Radius 2 into 2. The stock air filter is a high flow filter so there was no need to replace. It did require the installation of a SE race tuner then the dyno. I really had a hard time swallowing the bike going on the dyno with less than 3 miles on it. I am very happy with the sound and the performance. My wife has the Rush slip-ons installed on her Super Glide Custom and they really sound sweet. I am sure they would sound just as nice if not better on the CVO's.

Tweet

• Tweet
  • 1K CVO Member
    • WY

• CVO1: 2011 FLTRUSE
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 07:09:22 PM »

Welcome to the site from Wyoming :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

RoadKingHog

• Black Diamond/Silver Dust
  • Junior CVO Member
  • May the sun shine ahead, and the wind at your back

• CVO1: 2008 Road King
    • CVO2: 2010 Softail Convertible
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 09:07:54 AM »

Thanks for the feedback.  Very nice combination - looks great.  Great pipes.  I've had the V&H staggered long shots on a couple of previous bikes and know they work well - can't beat the workmanship and fit.  Since the V&H pipes necessitate re-mapping the fuel injection, we'll probably will stick with the Rush slip-ons for now.  (If it was my bike, I'd go for the whole change-over at once, but the little woman likes to add one variable at a time.)

Central Ohio, huh?  Spent a month up there one weekend in Columbus acting a fool before shipping over to Nam.  Life was simple then; no PC, no laptop, no internet, no cell phones, no iphone, no cable TV; only three major networks and Walter Cronkite on CBS (and the Atlanta Braves station.)

Enjoy your ride and keep your shiny side up.

Dan
2008 Road King SE
Rinehart True Duals
SE Heavy Breather
TTS Tuner
CC Seats solo seat
Progressive 940 Rear Shocks
Motolights
Kuryakyn Floorboard Relocator Brackets
Heel Guard
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 24 queries.