Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Another ConV Windshield...  (Read 11587 times)

Proud50

Re: Another ConV Windshield...
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2011, 12:05:46 AM »

I am using a 19" clear Jurock windshield on my FLSTSE.   I saw a lot of folks responding about changing their windshield and headlight to the FatBoy module, but I didn't want to give up the Convertible front fairing so I opted for the Jurock windshield.   Even once you decide to get a Jurock you'll need to determine best height.   I drew  some lines 1" apart on a piece of cardboard and experimented with height.   The trade off is blocking wind and getting bug coverage with your desire to have to view the road through a windshield.   I was concerned the taper of a 21" would create a viewing issue so I opted for a 19" which has been great for me.  I am 5'11" tall so I can comfortably see over the screen yet it is tall enough to block the majority of wind.   It took all the helmut shaking out of my ride which has been tremendously better.   I'm still hunting for a tree light that will work with the fairing, but that is another thread. 

myanoch

• Junior CVO Member
    • IN

• CVO1: 2011 cvo softail convertible
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2011, 10:39:08 AM »

I am 6 foot and the 19" jurock works well
The wind deflectors do the most
I  took them off last week and could not believe how good they are
I put them back on the next day
Mike

Razor

• RAZOR
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010.5 FLHTCUSE5/BLK- #008
    • CVO2: 2011 FLSTSE2
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 07:55:41 PM »

I am curious if the new side pieces on the 2012 Convertable will work like the deflectors do. I'm not a fan of them but they do the job well. The 2012 does have a taller and wider shield not to mention the sat nav system.
RAZOR
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.593 seconds with 21 queries.