Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: ConV Mod... midframe deflectors  (Read 6882 times)

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
Re: ConV Mod... midframe deflectors
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 05:04:55 PM »

No heat problem here, and we had a very above average summer with temp over 90 many days. My previous bike was an '08 FLHTCU with the 96ci and it was much, much hotter. While cruising on this bike I do not feel ANY heat whatsoever and only mild heat at lights or in heavy traffic. The TTS has much to do with it.
I'm not saying it wasn't cooler, just not a lot. I'm going to look at the ThunderMax next as well as wrap the header pipe with tape. I'm running the stock pipes with SE mufflers. Maybe the extra back pressure makes them run at a higher temperature. I'll post after I've made some changes.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Graybeard

• Junior CVO Member
  • Patriot Guard Rider

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Sharon)
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 10:37:12 AM »

Having just come off an all day Patriot Guard Rider mission in 95deg heat, I'm really looking forward to trying this product. We had a long 20mph procession to Arlington National Cemetery, then after two hours in the sun, had to fight rush hour traffic all the way back to Annapolis. Wound up with a dangerous case of heat exhaustion, forcing me off the bike at an Exxon station where I had to sit on a curb pouring two bottles of cold water over me and drinking two additional bottles. My son's a paramedic and told me I'm lucky I didn't wind up in an ambulance.

Along with the symptoms that came on quick, I remember the heat off the seat. The temp on the bike was about 250, and would climb to 275 in stop and go. But again the heat was damn near painful and I'm sure contributed to my problems (BTW...I did drink a lot of water during the day, but didn't have time to eat, and my son said that also contributed to my condition). Also a 62, I'm not 25 anymore...so the next time, screw getting home after the mission..., I'll stop for dinner and more water, and get some rest before the drive home.

I do plan to order the same set as Mr. Wiz has, but I have a question. Can these be taken off easily when cooler weather returns?

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 10:59:37 AM »

I do plan to order the same set as Mr. Wiz has, but I have a question. Can these be taken off easily when cooler weather returns?

It is held on my a few tie wraps and some clips that loop around the frame and oil line on the left side. If you use re-usable tie-wraps, they should come off very easily. You need to remove the seat first, then clip the tie-wraps and they'll come right off. I plan on leaving mine on all the time. We'll see when the cooler weather sets in. BTW, I never wrapped my pipes. I purchased the V&H 2 into 1 and it does seem to be a bit cooler now.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 11:11:24 AM »

Having just come off an all day Patriot Guard Rider mission in 95deg heat, I'm really looking forward to trying this product. We had a long 20mph procession to Arlington National Cemetery, then after two hours in the sun, had to fight rush hour traffic all the way back to Annapolis. Wound up with a dangerous case of heat exhaustion, forcing me off the bike at an Exxon station where I had to sit on a curb pouring two bottles of cold water over me and drinking two additional bottles. My son's a paramedic and told me I'm lucky I didn't wind up in an ambulance.

Along with the symptoms that came on quick, I remember the heat off the seat. The temp on the bike was about 250, and would climb to 275 in stop and go. But again the heat was damn near painful and I'm sure contributed to my problems (BTW...I did drink a lot of water during the day, but didn't have time to eat, and my son said that also contributed to my condition). Also a 62, I'm not 25 anymore...so the next time, screw getting home after the mission..., I'll stop for dinner and more water, and get some rest before the drive home.

RC has it right GB...

I too ride for the PGR and heat is a factor. Too many missions, too many that should have come safely.

I use the mid frame deflectors and it does help with rider comfort while at parade but it will not help the bike until you get some air moving. I think it is a good product and it's a little high dollar because it is well made and will last.

Graybeard

• Junior CVO Member
  • Patriot Guard Rider

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Sharon)
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 11:34:09 AM »

RCFlyer;

Thanks for the info...really appreciate the response.

Mr. Wizard

Honored to meet another PGR brother. I hate the young KIA missions, but am honored none the less to "Stand for Those Who Stood for US"

ezpgh

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »

RCFlyer;

Thanks for the info...really appreciate the response.

Mr. Wizard

Honored to meet another PGR brother. I hate the young KIA missions, but am honored none the less to "Stand for Those Who Stood for US"

I'll 2nd that. PGR here too.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.