Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Need louder horn  (Read 13926 times)

CVOgaree

• Junior CVO Member
  • My 2011 CVO Softail Convertible
Re: Need louder horn
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 09:36:37 PM »

Is that plastic?
Maple Metallic & Roman Gold with Burnished Copper Graphics
Vance/Hines slip-ons, 84 LED's amber, Cee Baily x4 windshield. New factory mirrors replaced by HD. LED tail lights.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 03:03:43 AM »

Go for a Wolo Bad Boy or Pro Pad Mini Beast 2, depends on the look your going for, both pretty load!
You only need the horn to get to the front! once your there, stay there!!  :)
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

CVOgaree

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 08:44:18 AM »

Not where I live. I am constantly bobbing, weaving, & keeping a sharp eye out for those who are on cell phones & texting. Not to mention the ones that just plainly don't see you. I had a Bad Boy on my Sportster, loved the loud factor, but I hit a chuck-hole in the road & it broke being plastic. I will still look to find a loud one that is made of metals & chrome that looks great on my FLSTS2.
What's it like to ride there? Any issues?
Vance/Hines slip-ons, 84 LED's amber, Cee Baily x4 windshield. New factory mirrors replaced by HD. LED tail lights.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 08:58:55 AM »

You take your life into your own hands in the week!'
The weekends are a different story! the roads are empty, its great!
All year long sunshine, a couple of days rain per year, head out of Dubai and in half an hour you hit aw some mountain roads that seem to go on forever,
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

CVOgaree

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 09:21:22 AM »

That sounds fabulous, I would be packin', does that sound right?
I just road the Pacific Coast Highway, a dream came true. What are you paying for gas? Gary.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 09:29:14 AM »

I just road the Pacific Coast Highway, a dream came true. What are you paying for gas? Gary.
Would love to do the Pacific Highway, am planning to ride around Italy in the summer, spend some time around the lakes then up in the Mountains,
We are paying about $1.74 98 for Super 98 Octane, not bad hey... think its the 4th cheapest in the world at the moment, that along with no taxes make it pretty easy going!
Cheers,
Charlie

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 11:08:15 AM »

Packin' where I'm from means there is a .45 under your vest.  In my case a .40 S&W.
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »

Packin' where I'm from means there is a .45 under your vest.  In my case a .40 S&W.
Packin in Dubai meens filling your suitcase  ;D

CVOgaree

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 11:40:31 AM »

Would love to do the Pacific Highway, am planning to ride around Italy in the summer, spend some time around the lakes then up in the Mountains,
We are paying about $1.74 98 for Super 98 Octane, not bad hey... think its the 4th cheapest in the world at the moment, that along with no taxes make it pretty easy going!
Cheers,
Charlie
That's amazing Charlie, I just paid 4.09 and rising here in Florida. Your trip sounds like a winner. I would have loved to bike Italy the many times I have been there.
I have a friend visiting here from Manchester & looking for a ride for him while here for 3 weeks. Weather there is not conducive to Motorcycles. Well, back out to polish my chrome.....LOL!...Gary.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:29:16 PM by CVOgaree »

RCFlyer

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 Softail Convertible

• CVO1: 2010 SE Softail Covertible
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 07:29:15 PM »

Packin in Dubai meens filling your suitcase  ;D
Yea I knew what you meant, just bustin' on you. Have a good one!!
1947 Flat Head 80
1947 Knuckle Head
1963 Sportster
1971 Superglide
1978 Low Rider
1989 Ultra Classic
1996 Road King

brr5

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 flstse2
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 04:22:28 PM »

No. it's metal.

Go for a Wolo Bad Boy or Pro Pad Mini Beast 2, depends on the look your going for, both pretty load!
You only need the horn to get to the front! once your there, stay there!!  :)

doublerunner

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Ultra Classic Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2011 CVO Road Glide Rio Red/Ember Black
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 09:03:55 AM »

I went with the mini beast. Did the swap myself this winter. Loud, but not obnoxious and sounds like a horn. Fits perfect with the style of my bike. I can not post pics right now as the bike is in storage and can't get a good picture of it where it is. I also like that the sound goes out sideways, not forward or down. Forward would just go right into my fairings.

There's many threads on this site regarding horns if you need more info   :2vrolijk_21:

So here is the pic of my Pro Pad mini beast. I went with the Typhoon. After all the color of my bike is Typhoon Maroon
-------------------------------------
Enjoy the Journey

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 09:15:20 AM »

Looks great!  :2vrolijk_21:
I just fitted a new horn cover on mine while i was fitting the Wards Parts Werks Engine Cooling Fans! its the Performance Machine Merc Horn Cover!

dlg

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 06:57:55 PM »

This is what I did as I like the stock look.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=6622.0

David

CVOgaree

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2013, 07:01:05 PM »

This is what I did as I like the stock look.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=6622.0

David
I want to get a set of those braided plug wires. Did they effect the performance in any way?   G.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.