Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wind deflectors  (Read 2184 times)

Jim Davidson

wind deflectors
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:35:22 PM »

Installed wind deflectors on my FLSTSE 2010 today and may now run my windshield and keep my glasses on at the same time!  Kind of funky looking, but they work so well, I think they will stay on for awhile.  I will post some pictures tomorrow. 

Jasray

• Senior CVO Member
Re: wind deflectors
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 10:59:12 PM »

JD,  I have been running wind deflectors since I bought my 2011 ConV.  My buddy and I take at least one cross country trip each year and the deflectors were a must have.  At first it was a temporary thing until I was able to afford the 2012 ConV windscreen with the included lower deflectors.  This process has been well documented and detailed in these boards.  However, a funny thing happened over time, I came to really like the effectiveness of the big chrome deflectors and now I even like how they beef up the front end.  I have taken them off just to remind myself of the difference with them on, and now they are on permanently for the reasons you have experienced.  Its nice to know that the option to remove them exists with the 2012 modifications that are backwards compatible to the 2010 and 2011 models, but for now I think I will I will stay with what I have.

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 09:34:21 PM »

Same as Jasray,  I really liked the deflectors that I made.  I have now moved on to a batwing faring and like it, but the wind flow with the deflectors was good.  Unfortunately,  I can't go back and forth so easy.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 09:36:16 PM »

Same as Jasray,  I really liked the deflectors that I made.  I have now moved on to a batwing faring and like it, but the wind flow with the deflectors was good.  Unfortunately,  I can't go back and forth so easy.

Did you fit the Batwing on the Convertible?
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

ozarke

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 10:20:51 PM »

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.