Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Solo Tour Pack  (Read 9202 times)

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
Solo Tour Pack
« on: October 31, 2011, 06:03:42 PM »

Was wondering if anyone had any pics of a Street Glide or Road King with a Solo Tour Pack?  Or a link of one. I ride solo 99.9% of the time and was just wondering what it looks like.

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Solo Tour Pack
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 08:11:12 PM »

Here ya go....

Tannehill Kid

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 08:36:40 PM »

That looks really sharp.  How hard is it to put the tour pack on and take off?  Is it a quick attachment and whick tour pack is that?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 08:45:55 PM »

Was wondering if anyone had any pics of a Street Glide or Road King with a Solo Tour Pack?  Or a link of one. I ride solo 99.9% of the time and was just wondering what it looks like.

Just to be clear.....the tour pack is the same.  It's the mounting rack that's different.   Yes, they're both "quick release" (no tools required). :2vrolijk_21: 

It's a very, very comfortable ride for long distance touring.  The rider backrest supports my lower/mid back and the tour pack supports my back up by my shoulders.   At the end of a long day in the saddle, it sure makes that last couple hundred miles a lot easier.  :2vrolijk_21:

Same bike and same tour pack with the two up mounting bracket.....

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 08:49:14 PM »

That looks really sharp.  How hard is it to put the tour pack on and take off?  Is it a quick attachment and whick tour pack is that?

It's a King Tour Pack with a quick detachable solo tour pack rack. Very easy on and off. It's a must have for touring--you can obviously get by without it, but it's REALLY nice to have. I don't own that bike anymore, but I am getting the same setup for my '11 SESG.

barefoot3zk5

• Elite CVO Member
  • I used to be a KRYPTO.. Now I'm 1 OF 1

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSEII Dragula 2/1 exh.. Performance Mach airbox..Metalsports 26" front wheel w/6piston singleside brake 13" rotor and matched 18" rear 200 tire..TTS tuner by DOC .. Woods cams and Hi comp pistons.. 600 LEDs hidden PLUS, SONY head unit and gauges all green LEDs to match,500watt ARC amp w/4 Focal6.5 spkrs,Install by Peter @SOUNDZ .. Yafee tag frame . chrome inner/outer primary. greeen gator seat/backrest ..major engine mods 125+ HP and powder coated heads/cyl and diamond cut. homemade rear air suspension
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 09:26:35 PM »

That really looks good in the solo style.. dont know that I have encountered one on the road .. sure kills the wild idea of gettin lucky .. LOL

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 09:57:46 PM »

That really looks good in the solo style.. dont know that I have encountered one on the road .. sure kills the wild idea of gettin lucky .. LOL

Your wife riding on the bike next to you kills that idea also.... :huepfenlol2:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2011, 10:01:46 PM »

Your wife riding on the bike next to you kills that idea also.... :huepfenlol2:

:zroflmao: :zroflmao:

But then again............might be because of your wife ridin beside you that you get lucky and not the position of the tour pack.  Just sayinzall.   ;D
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2011, 10:05:33 PM »

But then again............might be because of your wife ridin beside you that you get lucky and not the position of the tour pack.  Just sayinzall.   ;D

Absolutely.....that works for me.....I'm just glad she wanted her own bike....

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »

And on that note.......her chopped tour pack in the solo position.  She's much shorter than me (5'7") so the tour pack back rest doesn't do anything for her except fill the holes.  She barely reaches her riders backrest.  A guy a couple inches taller could probably get away with loosing the riders backrest and just using the tour pack backrest.....

Also forgot to mention.......because all that extra weight is "over" the back axel, rather than "behind" the back axel, the center of gravity is much more stable and makes handling the bike much easier.

and speakin of having your wife ridein beside you on her own bike.  If you're really lucky enough to have a great wife and you don't have a tour pack at all..........well, don't worry, she'll carry it all for both of you!!!!!!!!!!   http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40248.0

West Coast GTG   

S.E.Chic

• Senior CVO Member
  • The Eagle has landed!
    • GA

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Inferno Orange
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 10:16:45 AM »

Here you go!

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.