Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 86

Author Topic: New 2009 Harley's  (Read 264573 times)

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
Re: New 2009 Harley's
« Reply #405 on: June 14, 2008, 11:43:28 AM »

:D

That is pretty funny.  Cool someone took such time and effort to create that.  Strange that did not make the rounds a little more back on April fools day.

Good one.
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #406 on: June 14, 2008, 11:43:45 AM »

I really love the looks of my bat wing fairing, but I am becoming a
fan of the Road Glide. I rode one and felt less turbulance and wind
buffeting. A more comfortable ride.

So I want to see a 2009 CVO Road Glide ULTRA style with king TP
4 speakers etc. A 113 would be nice also. Oh yea, it has got to
come in YELLOW. And drop the CVO Ultra.

I would also like to see a CVO Road King, And a CVO Rocker instead
of the springer.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #407 on: June 15, 2008, 07:21:12 AM »

Stopped yesterday afternoon to kick tires at the Honda House.  The tricked out goldwings are pretty cool.  If HD does not do a RG soon, I think one member of our family may just trade a bnb for one of those. If he could sell it for 20,000, the GW is paid for.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #408 on: June 15, 2008, 08:43:16 AM »

I've been eyeing the BMW K1200. Took one for a test drive last April. Love it to pieces. Very, Very tempting. One thing i did notice on test drive, i had two different vehicles on the freeway come over into my lane, i had to scoot over. The thing is so quiet, no one knows your around. Never have this problem with the Harley, I wonder what a Beamer sounds like with a set of true duals  ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #409 on: June 15, 2008, 09:26:43 AM »

I've been eyeing the BMW K1200. Took one for a test drive last April. Love it to pieces. Very, Very tempting. One thing i did notice on test drive, i had two different vehicles on the freeway come over into my lane, i had to scoot over. The thing is so quiet, no one knows your around. Never have this problem with the Harley, I wonder what a Beamer sounds like with a set of true duals  ;D

The problem with all of the metric touring bikes is the riders position. You sit jockey style with your knees bent at a 45 degree angle and your feet directly below your hips. I'd take a serious look at a Beemer myself were it not for that.

JMO

B B

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #410 on: June 15, 2008, 09:44:08 AM »

I really love the looks of my bat wing fairing, but I am becoming a
fan of the Road Glide. I rode one and felt less turbulance and wind
buffeting. A more comfortable ride.

So I want to see a 2009 CVO Road Glide ULTRA style with king TP
4 speakers etc. A 113 would be nice also. Oh yea, it has got to
come in YELLOW. And drop the CVO Ultra.

I would also like to see a CVO Road King, And a CVO Rocker instead
of the springer.

there's been a CVO road King in '02 '03 '07 and '08........

now a CVO rocker would be interesting, but I don't think HD would do it because it's still too new yet.
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #411 on: June 15, 2008, 09:55:02 AM »

Probably like chit beings it's a four cylinder.   :D  I had the first model of the "flying brick" a K100LT that I got while I was stationed in England.  It was a fun bike to ride, and fast, but very uncomfortable for me.  Even when I was at my "fighting weight" in the Navy, it was too cramped of a riding position for me.  The problem with both of those machines, the Beemer and the GW, is that the valve train is louder than the exhaust.  It may be just me, but those bikes have no "soul".  They're just a bunch of plastic on two wheels.  IMO.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #412 on: June 15, 2008, 09:57:21 AM »

Has anyone on the site done anything more than laugh at the pictures of the Victory Touring bike. ? 

B B

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #413 on: June 15, 2008, 10:02:05 AM »

Has anyone on the site done anything more than laugh at the pictures of the Victory Touring bike. ? 

B B

I haven't ridden one, but did sit on one.  The seat was hard, but relatively comfortable.  The thing that bothered me, besides the looks, was when sitting on it, the windshield seemed to be a "million miles" away.  I couldn't believe how stretched out that bike was.  :-\

:devil:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 10:19:11 AM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #414 on: June 15, 2008, 10:04:02 AM »

B B
I first saw this bike when my bike was broken down in Nelson in 07.  The bike intrigued me then. I've read about it and a lot of reviews.  There is a shop just a mile from the house and I have not tried to sit on the beast.  But it sure does look good as far as the stats go.  Someone here told me that my legs would be too short for the bike, but I have not sat on it.  I was also told the same about the Gold Wings, and I sat on one yesterday, Jamey is truly looking hard at it, but I could not even pull the bike to an upright position.  This has me somewhat confused as I have seen some very short men, much shorter than I, riding these bikes.  Even though I've heard a lot of folks say they hate or strongly do not like the look of the Vision, truly, I find it intriguing.  Not that I am personally looking for a new bike, but I think there is change in the winds.  

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #415 on: June 15, 2008, 10:15:21 AM »

I have looked at the Kawasaki Concours 14. That is a very impressive bike for the money. It is a very tall bike and I would have to consider a lowering kit , maybe some how enlarge the shifter and a taller shield. But you can get if full dress with ABS for about $13,000 or so. I know it's plastic and metric but water cooled and shaft drive with tons of HP and performance.
I still would like to see HD go to water cooling on a RoadGlide.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #416 on: June 15, 2008, 10:48:33 AM »

Stopped yesterday afternoon to kick tires at the Honda House.  The tricked out goldwings are pretty cool.  If HD does not do a RG soon, I think one member of our family may just trade a bnb for one of those. If he could sell it for 20,000, the GW is paid for.
AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH say it aint so   

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #417 on: June 15, 2008, 11:27:02 AM »

I first saw this bike when my bike was broken down in Nelson in 07.  The bike intrigued me then. I've read about it and a lot of reviews.  There is a shop just a mile from the house and I have not tried to sit on the beast.  But it sure does look good as far as the stats go.  Someone here told me that my legs would be too short for the bike, but I have not sat on it.  I was also told the same about the Gold Wings, and I sat on one yesterday, Jamey is truly looking hard at it, but I could not even pull the bike to an upright position.  This has me somewhat confused as I have seen some very short men, much shorter than I, riding these bikes.  Even though I've heard a lot of folks say they hate or strongly do not like the look of the Vision, truly, I find it intriguing.  Not that I am personally looking for a new bike, but I think there is change in the winds.  

I can't answer your questions about ride height Candy, but a friend told me something very interesting about a Victory. According to my buddy, if you tip a Victory over on it's side it will rest on the front and rear guards. You cannot make the sheet metal contact the ground. These bikes have purportedly been designed to withstand being laid down at highway speeds with minimal damage if they don't contact another vehicle. Given that these bikes are made in America, if anyone close to you is considering saying Hasta La Vista to Harley-Davidson, I would strongly suggest they take a look at Victory. The thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion to take the TP etc off LD and make it an around the county day tripper and look into another brand for cross country riding.

B B

VAZHOG

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #418 on: June 15, 2008, 11:41:46 AM »

They have an adjustable suspension so it can be lowered by setting,but in the showroom it's always different you don't want to bang another bike so if you were nervous then it would be difficult to do.

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #419 on: June 15, 2008, 01:08:17 PM »

I can't answer your questions about ride height Candy, but a friend told me something very interesting about a Victory. According to my buddy, if you tip a Victory over on it's side it will rest on the front and rear guards. You cannot make the sheet metal contact the ground. These bikes have purportedly been designed to withstand being laid down at highway speeds with minimal damage if they don't contact another vehicle. Given that these bikes are made in America, if anyone close to you is considering saying Hasta La Vista to Harley-Davidson, I would strongly suggest they take a look at Victory. The thought has crossed my mind on more than one occasion to take the TP etc off LD and make it an around the county day tripper and look into another brand for cross country riding.

B B

very interesting.....enguneering
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 86

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 21 queries.