Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 86

Author Topic: New 2009 Harley's  (Read 265118 times)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: New 2009 Harley's
« Reply #555 on: June 19, 2008, 03:50:21 PM »

Ok, reading the remarks like this and scratching my brain a little.  This is coming from the single guy so consider the source.  But what you're all saying is that it's not ok for someone else to ride your bike but it is ok for someone else to ride your w.........   

Oh, wait, never mind.  Just walked out in the garage and regained my perspective.

Don - do know something I don't know?  I haven't been single for 21 years... :nixweiss:

grandpadoc

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 SERG
« Reply #556 on: June 19, 2008, 04:18:43 PM »

The question is..IS Corbin the way to go? Haven't been reading good things lately.

If your state has a helmet law........never  mind...

Mustang makes a good seat. It moves the rider a little forward which gives the passenger more room. I have the "pillow look with buttons" and the wife is very pleased. The stock seat on my SERG is also good, but momma hates it. So you know how that goes...  Doc
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 04:26:23 PM by grandpadoc »

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #557 on: June 19, 2008, 04:21:55 PM »

Anyone got information on what the 2009 models will be???I wonder if they will cut production on the CVO's

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #558 on: June 19, 2008, 04:45:35 PM »

Don - do know something I don't know?  I haven't been single for 21 years... :nixweiss:

Wow, that's like almost as long as I've been alive ??? .

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #559 on: June 19, 2008, 04:48:26 PM »

Anyone got information on what the 2009 models will be???I wonder if they will cut production on the CVO's

It looks like a water cooled Road Glide and yet another year of the Ultra are sure things.  Along with a special SE Servicar (cool graphics on the back).  They're finally going to do a 1200 Sportster and a new Dyna is coming back with a Screamin Eagle version of the Lowrider called the Lowflyer.

This all comes straight from Willie G's.....      ah, never mind.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #560 on: June 19, 2008, 04:50:08 PM »

It looks like a water cooled Road Glide and yet another year of the Ultra are sure things.  Along with a special SE Servicar (cool graphics on the back).  They're finally going to do a 1200 Sportster and a new Dyna is coming back with a Screamin Eagle version of the Lowrider called the Lowflyer.

Just like Linus and the Great Pumpkin huh Don ?

B B

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #561 on: June 19, 2008, 04:55:36 PM »

Wow, that's like almost as long as I've been alive ??? .

:shocked2: You might want to check the length of your nose and see if it's growing after that whopper.

Jerry :)
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #562 on: June 19, 2008, 04:56:23 PM »

Just like Linus and the Great Pumpkin huh Don ?

B B

Doesn't hurt anything to hope does it Big B?  A guy deserves his dreams :drink: .

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #563 on: June 19, 2008, 05:06:35 PM »

You forgot to start out once upon a time. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #564 on: June 19, 2008, 05:15:49 PM »

:shocked2: You might want to check the length of your nose and see if it's growing after that whopper.

Jerry :)

You forgot to start out once upon a time. :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

Man it is hard to find a little love here :huepfenlol2: !

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #565 on: June 19, 2008, 05:22:14 PM »

Man it is hard to find a little love here :huepfenlol2: !

Are you saying it gets lonely at the top ???

REGGAB

« Reply #566 on: June 20, 2008, 12:25:09 AM »

Henry
         You need to take a break and rethink your position on my take on life. It's gotten to the point where you read into my posts whatever it is you choose to. And also, I don't give a damn who bashes who actually, but you seem to have some sort of vendetta where I'm concerned lately. It's one thing to send me some of the over the top PM's you've been sending, but bringing it out on the site is not cool. I have no idea what it is the set you off unless it's the dumbass chit about your buddy's True-Track clone. I took my lumps on my posts on that thread took some of what was said as good advice and moved on. I do listen and learn.You don't.  Move on dude

B B

WOW! How 'bout that.  It doesn't happen often, but I was right this time.  I guess it's true that a blind hog really does find an ear of corn every now and then.
Where you are concerned, Brian, and what I say to you, whether in public or via PM evidently goes in one of your ears, swirls around in that west coast air in your east coast braincase, and comes out the other ear totally distorted, way out of context, and not taken at face value.  I have no vendetta against you at all.  I made an observation and expressed my opinion...................and I have no idea how Tracy got drug into this, nor how his creation can be dubbed a True-Track clone.  That was way out there, Brian...................WAY out there.  And if you doubt the sincerity of that which I've written to you via PMs, and label them as "over-the-top, I can accept that..........even though it does sting...........especially since I meant what I said.  But Whatever Brian.  I made a simple observation, and was hoping you could rise above "our" misunderstanding, lighten up, and laugh just a little.  In that respect, I am wrong..............and I have no problem admitting I am wrong and I am honored to do so.  Even so, Brian, thank you for your observation.  I "think" I have listened and learned this time, and will cheerfully move on.   :sunny:

hogasm

« Reply #567 on: June 20, 2008, 09:12:49 PM »

All righty then :confused5:       

SCUTTLEBUTT.................Ultra trike
                                       SESG

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:right from Milwaukee :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #568 on: June 23, 2008, 09:10:53 AM »

This blog has always been able to determine the next years CVO's prior to the dealer event.  This year it is one month and one day away in Vegas.

We must be able to figure it out??
 :drink:

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #569 on: June 24, 2008, 03:08:10 PM »

March 2nd, 2008 at 12:54 pm
World’s Fastest Motorcycle
in: People Making a Difference, Photo Perspectives

This is an 8200cc Monster of a Bike. It’s like riding a 2-wheeled Train Engine.
Do read the specification below. Mindblowing…

ENGINE

1. 500 bhp (372 kW) @ 5600 rpm (60.4 bhp/liter); 525 lb.-ft. (712 Nm) @ 4200 rpm

2. 10-cylinder 90-degree V-type, liquid-cooled, 505 cubic inches (8277 cc)

3. 356-T6 aluminum alloy block with cast-iron liners, aluminum alloy cylinder heads

4. Bore x Stroke: 4.03 inches x 3.96 inches (102.4 x 100.6)
5. Two pushrod-actuated overhead valves per cylinder with roller-type hydraulic lifters 6. Sequential, multi-port electronic fuel injection with individual runners

7. Compression Ratio: 9.6:1

8. Max Engine Speed: 6000 rpm

9. Fuel Requirement: Unleaded premium, 93 octane (R+M/2)

10. Oil System: Dry Sump; takes 8 quarts Mobil1 10W30 Synthetic
11. Cooling System: Twin aluminum radiators mounted atop engine intake manifolds, force-fed from front-mounted, belt-driven turbine fan.

12. Takes 11 quarts of antifreeze.

13. Exhaust System: Equal-length tubular stainless steel headers with dual collectors and central rear outlets.

SUSPENSION:

Front:

Outboard, single-sided parallel upper and lower control arms made from polished billet aluminum. Mounted via ball joint to aluminum steering uprights and hubs. Five degrees caster. Single, fully adjustable centrally located coil-over damper ( 2.25-inch coil with adjustable spring perch); pullrod and rocker-actuated mono linkage. Center-lock racing-style hubs.

Rear:

Hand-fabricated box-section steel inboard swing arms, incorporating “hydral-link” lockable recirculating hydraulic circuit parking stand. Single fully adjustable centrally located Koni coil-over damper ( 2.25-inch coil with adjustable spring perch); pushrod and rocker-actuated mono linkage. Center-lock racing-style hubs.

BRAKES:

Front:

20-inch perimeter-mounted drilled machined stainless steel rotors, one per wheel. Two four-piston fixed aluminum calipers per wheel (16 pistons total), custom designed. Blue anodized caliper finish. Hand-activated.
Rear:

20-inch perimeter-mounted drilled cast-iron rotors, one per wheel. One four-piston fixed aluminum caliper per wheel (8 pistons total), custom designed. Blue anodized caliper finish. Foot-activated.

The Tomahawk is a Viper V-10 based motorcycle, a 500 horsepower engine with four wheels beneath it.
Chrysler will be selling the original Tomahawk concept and nine replicas through Neiman Marcus, for up to $555,000 each. The motorcycles cannot be licensed, so they cannot be legally driven on public roads. A Chrysler spokesman told Reuters they were meant as rolling sculptures.
Rumors had the Tomahawk selling for under $200,000, most likely at a loss or breakeven price, for publicity purposes - but still fully drivable. Wolfgang Bernhard, Chrysler’s not particularly respected first mate, was said to be enthusiastic about that project, so much so that hundreds were projected to be built at under $200,000 each. They reportedly cost Chrysler over $100,000 to build (admittedly the work is outsourced).
The Dodge Tomahawk can reach 60 miles an hour in about 2.5 seconds, and has a theoretical top speed of nearly 400 mph. Each pair of wheels is separated by a few inches and each wheel has an independent suspension. Bernhard said four wheels were necessary to handle the power from the engine.

The Tomahawk remains on display at auto shows - though well out of reach of the general public, elevated on a special display.

PERFORMANCE:

0-60 mph: 2.5 seconds (est.)

Top Speed: 300+ mph (est.)

DIMENSIONS:
Length: 102 inches

Width: 27.7 inches

Height: 36.9 inches

Wheelbase: 76 inches

Seat Height: 29 inches

Weight: 1,500 lbs.

Track, Front: 8.75 in

Track, Rear: 10 in

Weight Dist: 49F/51R

Ground Clearance: 3 in

Fuel: 3.25 gallons

ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:

Alternator: 136-amp high-speed

Battery : Leak-resistant, maintenance-free 600 CCALighting: Headlights consist of 12 five-watt LEDs, front, with beam-modifying optics and masked lenses.

Eight LEDs, rear. Headlamps articulate with wheels.

TRANSMISSION:

Manual, foot-shifted two-speed
Aluminum-cased two-speed, sequential racing-style with dog ring, straight-cut gearsGear Ratios: 1st 18:38; 2nd 23:25Clutch: Double-disc, dry-plate with organic friction materials, hand lever actuated with assistFinal drive: Dual 110-link motorcycle-style chains
Front Sprockets: 14 teethRear Sprockets: 35 teeth
Longitudinal, centrally mounted engine, rear-wheel drive layout; monocoque construction, engine is central, stressed member. Body of billet aluminum.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 86

Page created in 0.237 seconds with 25 queries.