Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 86

Author Topic: New 2009 Harley's  (Read 264562 times)

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: New 2009 Harley's
« Reply #930 on: July 15, 2008, 07:50:35 PM »

If I could add my 2 cents about outsourcing from another perspective. I am in the middle of a Department of Labor audit. I have ALWAYS taken good care of all the people I am and have been responsible for, but they do not look at things objectively when they audit your wage and earnings. I won't go into details as it won't change whatever they decide. But if someone "says" you owe them more money after they are fired or quit, it is up to you to prove them wrong (guilty until proven innocent at your expense). So you either pay a pile of money to prove you are innocent, or pay a pile of money to the government as they have to make money for the time they spent doing the actual investigation.

But OUR government makes it such a pain in the a$$ to try and run a business.

Also, you have, what seems to me, the majority of people anymore who don't want to work and out of the one's that do, they feel you owe them something big just for doing the job they were hired to do. Or, they have no pride in workmanship. They just worry about making their 40 and going home, no matter what the quality of their work is. Isn't their fault if it comes out wrong, or its poorly made. Why would it be their fault? Nothing ever is. There is always some situation or circumstance or agency making new rules. Companies have to hire people just to keep up with the rules. I know, I just had to do this.

There then comes a time when big business say's "hey, we can get this kind of crappy workmanship "over there" except they will be more than HAPPY to have a job and they will be more then happy to do it for a lot less. In fact, since we don't have to jump thru all the governmental hoops, and hire people just to keep up with all of the red tape, feel good, bull Sh!t, we can make it over there, ship it back over here, get the same "craftmanship" that MOST (I didn't say ALL) of Americans are turning out now and make more money doing it with a lot less headaches and the people we hire to do it will actually appreciate it and it will be helping their communities..... (talk about your run on sentence).

I will now get off the real  :soapbox:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #931 on: July 15, 2008, 07:56:25 PM »

Where were we? Oh yes, 2009 lineup... I say RoadGlide for sure, you heard it hear first.  ;)

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #932 on: July 15, 2008, 08:03:40 PM »

If I could add my 2 cents about outsourcing from another perspective. I am in the middle of a Department of Labor audit. I have ALWAYS taken good care of all the people I am and have been responsible for, but they do not look at things objectively when they audit your wage and earnings. I won't go into details as it won't change whatever they decide. But if someone "says" you owe them more money after they are fired or quit, it is up to you to prove them wrong (guilty until proven innocent at your expense). So you either pay a pile of money to prove you are innocent, or pay a pile of money to the government as they have to make money for the time they spent doing the actual investigation.

But OUR government makes it such a pain in the a$$ to try and run a business.

Also, you have, what seems to me, the majority of people anymore who don't want to work and out of the one's that do, they feel you owe them something big just for doing the job they were hired to do. Or, they have no pride in workmanship. They just worry about making their 40 and going home, no matter what the quality of their work is. Isn't their fault if it comes out wrong, or its poorly made. Why would it be their fault? Nothing ever is. There is always some situation or circumstance or agency making new rules. Companies have to hire people just to keep up with the rules. I know, I just had to do this.

There then comes a time when big business say's "hey, we can get this kind of crappy workmanship "over there" except they will be more than HAPPY to have a job and they will be more then happy to do it for a lot less. In fact, since we don't have to jump thru all the governmental hoops, and hire people just to keep up with all of the red tape, feel good, bull Sh!t, we can make it over there, ship it back over here, get the same "craftmanship" that MOST (I didn't say ALL) of Americans are turning out now and make more money doing it with a lot less headaches and the people we hire to do it will actually appreciate it and it will be helping their communities..... (talk about your run on sentence).

I will now get off the real  :soapbox:
Glad to have someone express the situation so well. Everyone should have to experience government intrusion on there personal business to understand.
We used to be the hardest working people and most productive but that has gone down the tube, hope we can revive it some how.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #933 on: July 15, 2008, 08:04:24 PM »

Where were we? Oh yes, 2009 lineup... I say RoadGlide for sure, you heard it hear first.  ;)

Will it be made in the USA ??

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #934 on: July 15, 2008, 08:06:10 PM »

Will it be made in the USA ??

All Harley's with 110s must be domestic production.  They won't run far enough to get home if they aren't.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #935 on: July 15, 2008, 09:11:14 PM »

Here's a link to some Harley parts made in China:

http://www.b2bchinasources.com/China-Manufacturers-15288/Harley-Davidson-Motorcycle-Parts.html

Iski, I could be wrong, but I think all of those parts are third party aftermarket, not "genuine harley-davidson accessories".  I looked up the hand grips and none of them are featured in the parts catalog.  They don't state that they are official HD parts, just harley davidson accessories.  If you notice in some of the descriptions they just simply say, "fits most harley-davidsons".  I'm sure they're made for Harleys, but I'm suspect if those are "genuine hd accessories".

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #936 on: July 15, 2008, 09:38:57 PM »

Iski, I could be wrong, but I think all of those parts are third party aftermarket, not "genuine harley-davidson accessories".  I looked up the hand grips and none of them are featured in the parts catalog.  They don't state that they are official HD parts, just harley davidson accessories.  If you notice in some of the descriptions they just simply say, "fits most harley-davidsons".  I'm sure they're made for Harleys, but I'm suspect if those are "genuine hd accessories".

RD,

I did not research all of the companies products & they could be making aftermarket stuff for...maybe Kuryakyn. LOL

The companies names showed up under some searches for Harley parts manufacturers, no idea if they are "genuine" or not.

Have noticed that quite a few of the parts I have added to the bikes & others bikes - HD or other aftermarket - are made in China or "somewhere else". 

In my business we deal quite a bit with imported products since there are NO domestic products available. 

Mike
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #937 on: July 15, 2008, 09:45:34 PM »

Kind of like the American automotive companies "BUY AMERICAN" "MADE IN THE USA" "BASEBALL APPLE PIE CHEVROLET" slogans of years past.  If you go into a Japanese assembly or powertrain plant and all you see are Japanese made machine tools...go into a German assembly or powertrain plant and all you see are German made machine tools...go into an American assembly or powertrain plant and you are hard pressed to find an American made machine tool.

I have to disagree somewhat with that statement. I have a friend who's family owns The Minster Machine Company. While on the HD York factory tour, I was impressed with the number of Minster's tools that were there.
AJ

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #938 on: July 15, 2008, 09:47:52 PM »

I have to disagree somewhat with that statement. I have a friend who's family owns The Minster Machine Company. While on the HD York factory tour, I was impressed with the number of Minster's tools that were there.
AJ

There are few remaining...  Minister is one...  Ingersoll - where I spent about 10 years of my career is another, but most are gone.  Especially in the automotive world...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #939 on: July 15, 2008, 09:49:21 PM »

RD,

I did not research all of the companies products & they could be making aftermarket stuff for...maybe Kuryakyn. LOL

The companies names showed up under some searches for Harley parts manufacturers, no idea if they are "genuine" or not.

Have noticed that quite a few of the parts I have added to the bikes & others bikes - HD or other aftermarket - are made in China or "somewhere else". 

In my business we deal quite a bit with imported products since there are NO domestic products available. 

Mike
Unfortunately, there aren't many domestic products available for anything now days.   :(

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #940 on: July 15, 2008, 09:56:34 PM »

Unfortunately, there aren't many domestic products available for anything now days.   :(

Agreed.  When you look at textiles & remember how most all of it was made here years ago, it is quite telling.

As I recall, since many of the textile plants were in the south (like most of the oil producing/refining states - coincidentally?) the US Congress mostly yawned as many thousands of textile jobs were shipped overseas.  When the steel industry (northern states, where there is not much underground oil - coincidentally?) folks in our Congress had 147 fits about the jobs leaving, but still did not prevent it.  Now we have been outsourcing oil to the point that 70% of it is imported & who is trying to prevent states from sourcing it domestically, and why?  C..o...n..g......
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #941 on: July 15, 2008, 09:58:24 PM »

There are few remaining...  Minister is one...  Ingersoll - where I spent about 10 years of my career is another, but most are gone.  Especially in the automotive world...

I keep going back and reading what Robmay wrote. He has a lot of valid points. My family is in the manufacturing business and the philosophy is to build everything in house. There are many reasons for outsourcing but you have to look at the finished product and what the customer wants.

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #942 on: July 16, 2008, 11:17:15 AM »

I sell a lot of wood working equipment and most of the Taiwanese machines are actually very good. When Powermatic was made in the US the quality went to crap but since it has gone off shore it is much better.
It's very hard to find American made products that are competitive in price and quality made.
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #943 on: July 16, 2008, 12:38:03 PM »

I sell a lot of wood working equipment and most of the Taiwanese machines are actually very good. When Powermatic was made in the US the quality went to crap but since it has gone off shore it is much better.
It's very hard to find American made products that are competitive in price and quality made. 

Motorcycles are a good example!
 :)

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #944 on: July 16, 2008, 12:45:54 PM »

They cain't make this overseas, thanks goodness...

http://www.blantonsbourbon.com
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 86

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.