CVO Technical > Twin Cam

Trying to decide on a motor

<< < (4/5) > >>

Designflaw:
Shop around.  I've seen one HD 120 motors for under 3800 bucks new.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mountainman streetbob:

--- Quote from: deldago on May 22, 2018, 09:55:48 AM ---Another vote for S&S, reusing the same Harley stuff that has burnt you once is the definition of insanity.

--- End quote ---

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Skipper:
 :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
--- Quote from: Mountainman streetbob on October 01, 2019, 12:01:17 PM --- :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

--- End quote ---

HD Street Performance:
Looking for a motor?
I can tell you after fixing enough of them and being an S&S dealer the 124" crate motor has issues and so does the HD 120r. Have not seen good life without an overhaul prematurely. It is better to custom build a motor or fix a new one before it goes into service.

TorqueInc:

--- Quote from: HD Street Performance on October 22, 2019, 07:50:58 PM ---Looking for a motor?
I can tell you after fixing enough of them and being an S&S dealer the 124" crate motor has issues and so does the HD 120r. Have not seen good life without an overhaul prematurely. It is better to custom build a motor or fix a new one before it goes into service.

--- End quote ---
Agree with Don
Both s&s and se engines can have issues.....for every story you hear of reliability you hear one of disappointment or component failure

A bench built engine using components from a dozen manufacturers can be more economical and far more reliable than a crate engine built by hourly guys who honestly don't care

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version