Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2006 Ultra- Heated Handgrip Replacement- Internal Wiring  (Read 779 times)

JoeRider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

2006 Ultra- Heated Handgrip Replacement- Internal Wiring
« on: April 15, 2020, 09:06:54 AM »

Good Morning...

Sorry i'm very new to this and super frustrated!

Purchased a Mancave project a few years back and have it just about complete with the exception of the bars and grips. Everything have been very easy to source with the help of all of you. However, both LH and RH heated grips were damaged. I purchased new bars and need to transition everything over, however, I cannot find the OEM LH heated grip anywhere. I have the RH throttle (56771-06) but the LH is an Obsolete part (56847-06). Understanding this is now a ginormous MF'er to find and fix. Does anyone have experience with an OEM replacement with internally wired heated grips? What can be used? Please please please help!

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: 2006 Ultra- Heated Handgrip Replacement- Internal Wiring
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 10:40:10 AM »

Good Morning...

Sorry i'm very new to this and super frustrated!

Purchased a Mancave project a few years back and have it just about complete with the exception of the bars and grips. Everything have been very easy to source with the help of all of you. However, both LH and RH heated grips were damaged. I purchased new bars and need to transition everything over, however, I cannot find the OEM LH heated grip anywhere. I have the RH throttle (56771-06) but the LH is an Obsolete part (56847-06). Understanding this is now a ginormous MF'er to find and fix. Does anyone have experience with an OEM replacement with internally wired heated grips? What can be used? Please please please help!

Maybe try a set from the accessory catalog, they have several to choose from and may be cheaper then buying OEM replacement, check this link:
https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/willie-g-skull-heated-hand-grips-pa-09-56100363--1

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 10:44:33 AM »

Welcome.

If you cannot find OEM suggest you take a look at Heat Demons.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Glenncarp

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 04:23:55 PM »

Welcome.

If you cannot find OEM suggest you take a look at Heat Demons.

I like the heat demons too because you are then not limited to just HD heated grips. The heat demons install inside of the bar ends and heat up the bars themselves so any grip works. HD rapes you for the heated grips and these are items that wear the most aside from tires.

Only reason I have no real world experience it that they do not make a control for Road Glides yet, although I have not checked in a year or so, heard they were working on it, the Road Glide has a bezel on bars above the grip where the control for the heat demon needs to mount.

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 09:07:01 PM »

I have heat demons in an 08 Roadglide.  I put them in shortly after I bought the bike new.  They are still working although they do not get as warm as they used to.  I don't know what they are using now but do not rely on the chinsy crimp fittings they give you.  Solder and shrink wrap the connections.  The effort is worth it.  To be fair I don't need them a lot here in Florida but they sure were nice when I took the bike to Alaska in 2010.

JoeRider

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 06:57:38 AM »

Thanks Guys!

I was reading about the Heat Demons last night. Do you splice right into the OEM plugs?

Glenncarp

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 07:48:40 AM »

Thanks Guys!

I was reading about the Heat Demons last night. Do you splice right into the OEM plugs?

They have their own wiring harness, not sure you can use thre HD wiring.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 08:34:09 AM »

Check out YouTube for "how to" videos on wiring.  As Glenncarp says - Heat Demons come with their own harness.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Page created in 0.148 seconds with 25 queries.