Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Author Topic: 2012 CVO STREET GLIDE FLHXSE SIGHTINGS AT DEALERS  (Read 37541 times)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: 2012 CVO STREET GLIDE FLHXSE SIGHTINGS AT DEALERS
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 03:50:59 PM »

Ordered my 2012 CVO Street Glide Ruby Red/ Typhoon Maroon 5 weeks ago and it will be delivered to my dealer this weekend.  At no time did they quote a price more than the MSRP.  The only changes I am making are the addition of Rinehart 4 inch pipes.  I have not seen this bike on the floor anywhere so I hope I love the color!  I am partial to red, so I'm sure I will love it!  Has anyone else seen this bike color in person?  Can't wait to get it  :apple:

Yes.  Check out this thread.  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=65314.0

Monolyth

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 Street Glide, Black Diamond
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 08:40:35 PM »

Any updates? I need a Black Diamond FLHXSE and the Blue Convertible.  Will fly out and drive it home.

Monolyth

bigmuff

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2011, 10:22:19 PM »

This past Monday I went to my dealer and ordered a red one.  They said it would be in sometime in mid-to-late October.  Got home from work today and there was a message on my answering machine saying it arrived.  :bananarock: :cucumber: :pineapple:

FWIW, I paid MSRP.  No haggling.  They told me due to demand they ask MSRP and I said "fine".

gunstock

• CVO1: 2012 Citrus/Gunstock Streetglide
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2011, 08:44:24 AM »

Sorry, I have been quiet about what I knew was available in my area until after I took delivery on mine.  I just bought the Orange CVO SG from Kingwood HD (Houston, TX).  There is a black SG at Independence Harley in College Station.  They are asking 2500 MSRP, but I know it is very negotiable.  If you go there ask for John.

Fort Hood HD (red) and Gruene HD are both supposed to have one on the floor during the first week of September.  Caliente in San Antonio says he is expecting his any day.  Now these could just be sales people trying to get me to come see them, but it is too late now.  :pepper: :pepper:

Mano

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2011, 10:17:50 AM »

Talking to a salesman at Toronto Harley and they will be seeing there first 2012 SG on February 12, 2012. They have no deposits yet.

Had my deposit for my 2011 on July 27, 2010 and it arrived on December 8, 2010. Looks like things are slowing down. Hopefully the quality is better on the 12's.

North Georgia Hawg

• HoneyBadger Don't Give a CHIT...
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
    • CVO2: 2009 Chevy Avalanche LTZ Inferno Orange
    • CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2011, 02:00:01 PM »

Hello. There is a citrus CVO SG at Earl Smalls in Marietta, GA, I think. Probably won't be on the floor very long...

I just joined this forum when I took delivery last Friday evening of a new 2012 CVO SG in Hot Citrus / Antique Gunstock. I paid MSRP at H-D of Macon, GA. They said they sell CVOs at MSRP with no add'l markup, and they did. Very nice staff, and they treated me very well. Of course, I guess you should expect to be treated well when you drop over 32 G-notes on a friggin' motorcycle!

I went on a group ride yesterday, and I got lots of compliments, which helped to stroke my ego and prevent buyer's remorse. The 400w, 8-speaker audio system just rocks. I love this bike!  :carrot:

It handles more like a sport bike than a bagger - especially after I cranked the rear shocks up to 9 turns. It has plenty of power stock - but I'm going to put on a Fullsac X-Pipe and the 2" baffles, and put in a set of Andrews 54 cams and Cometic .030" head gaskets, and then have it pro tuned with a TTS - so it will still look stock but have loads more power. Heh heh...

Ride Safe!

HoneyBadger Don't Care...

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
Cometics | Big Sucker 2 | Energy One +1 Clutch Pack | Hayden BT07 | ClutchWIZ
WPW Fans | TL P7 LEDs/Aux | Dynamic Ringz | Tour Pak | WO 575s | RT 665
Corbin DualTour | BAH Flush Front Axle | Chrome Calipers
The Wizard's Tune

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2011, 06:52:39 PM »

Hello. There is a citrus CVO SG at Earl Smalls in Marietta, GA, I think. Probably won't be on the floor very long...

I just joined this forum when I took delivery last Friday evening of a new 2012 CVO SG in Hot Citrus / Antique Gunstock. I paid MSRP at H-D of Macon, GA. They said they sell CVOs at MSRP with no add'l markup, and they did. Very nice staff, and they treated me very well. Of course, I guess you should expect to be treated well when you drop over 32 G-notes on a friggin' motorcycle!

I went on a group ride yesterday, and I got lots of compliments, which helped to stroke my ego and prevent buyer's remorse. The 400w, 8-speaker audio system just rocks. I love this bike!  :carrot:

It handles more like a sport bike than a bagger - especially after I cranked the rear shocks up to 9 turns. It has plenty of power stock - but I'm going to put on a Fullsac X-Pipe and the 2" baffles, and put in a set of Andrews 54 cams and Cometic .030" head gaskets, and then have it pro tuned with a TTS - so it will still look stock but have loads more power. Heh heh...

Ride Safe!

Congrats on your new ride.
Now that we have a real bike to see would be nice to have some decent pictures posted.
For future reference lets put them up on the post below.
http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=65363.0

Lost of close up would be great.
Cheers  :drink:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:44:51 PM by Aussie »

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2011, 07:33:54 PM »

Sorry, I have been quiet about what I knew was available in my area until after I took delivery on mine.  I just bought the Orange CVO SG from Kingwood HD (Houston, TX).  There is a black SG at Independence Harley in College Station.  They are asking 2500 MSRP, but I know it is very negotiable.  If you go there ask for John.

Fort Hood HD (red) and Gruene HD are both supposed to have one on the floor during the first week of September.  Caliente in San Antonio says he is expecting his any day.  Now these could just be sales people trying to get me to come see them, but it is too late now.  :pepper: :pepper:

Good to see another Gunstock owner, any chance you could post some pictures.

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 07:45:57 PM by Aussie »

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

• CVO3: 2001 Ebbtide Mystique 2300: 8-ch 2000 watt audio system, two 12" Kicker subs
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2011, 09:46:59 PM »

Now that we have a real bike to see would be nice to have some decent pictures posted.

I'll be happy to take a bunch of pics in the morning and post them at the link you provided. Went out riding again solo today, and stopped by Killer Creek H-D in Alpharetta and loaded up on accessories. I had to bring the truck back to carry them all home.

I know, I know... accessories for a CVO? Well, I read recently that the average CVO buyer is 54 (like ME), and buys an average of $3500 worth of accessories, as compared to $2300 for non-CVO buyers. Guess the kids don't have the money yet for these very expensive toys! OK - here's what I bought...

• H-D shop manual ($) and CVO SG Supplement ($),
  • triple windshield bags ($), 
  • long angle chrome highway peg mounts ($$) cuz it didn't come with them and the rider boards are WAY smaller than my Evo E-Glide's are and not very comfortable to have my feet on all the time (moving the passenger pegs to the guards), 
  • SG-styled passenger floorboard kit ($$$$) and CVO chrome inserts ($$ x 2) to match the rider board inserts, 
  • 54383-11 reduced reach seat ($$$) with rider backrest ($$) that I can actually sit on for more than 30 minutes at a time without my aging back screaming at me for lumbar support, 
  • 4-point chrome docking hardware ($$), 
  • chrome caps for the docking hardware ($), 
  • detachable tour pak mount ($$), 
  • color-matched Tour Pak in the CVO SG Hot Citrus paint scheme ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$) (May seem sacrilegious to put a TP on a CVO SG... but I GOTTA have a TP for trips!)
  • smoked side lights for the Tour Pak ($$), 
  • fitted liner for the Tour Pak ($), 
  • carry-out liner bag for the Tour Pak ($ - have one in the E-Glide's Tour Pak and love it), 
  • lid organizer for the Tour Pak ($), 
  • passenger backrest for the Tour Pak ($$). 
  • Oh, and sales tax ($$$).

Let's see... that's ANOTHER 4 G-notes from my pocket to the MoCo's... and I haven't even started on the much-more-important performance mods yet! That'll be another $1000 in parts, and about $500 in labor - I'm having a friend install them cuz he knows what he's doing and has done it before. Oh well, can't take it with me, so I might as well enjoy the fruits of my labors while I can... plus the wife's out of town and I'll have all this installed before she returns! With a little luck, she'll never even know! The seat and backrest are already on, and what a difference! I can actually sit on it - IN it is more like it - and relax with excellent back support! Doesn't look as cool as the stock seat, but is WAY more comfortable... and when you're my age man, comfort COUNTS! Docking hardware is on and waiting for the TP, but it may take up to 30 days to get it though, since it's a "paint to order" item. Highway pegs are next up this evening... then it's Miller Time!

Legend for above: $ = $100 or part of $100...

BTW - anyone who buys one of these bikes will definitely want to replace the tiny little stock windshield with a Long Rider 7" or 9" one with the recurve. I put the 7" one on, courtesy of a friend who had an extra one, and it made a world of difference in the amount of wind hitting me. The stocker was letting so much wind by that it was lifting my helmet at highway speeds - but that problem went away with the 7" Long Rider, which scoops the wind up and over my head nicely. Good product - especially FREE!  :bananarock:

TD AK-20s | Drago's S/C/S-4 | SE 259Es | Feuling 8015/7060/Rods | Black Ops Lifters
The Wizard's Tune

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2011, 10:08:10 PM »

• SG-styled passenger floorboard kit ($$$$) and CVO chrome inserts ($$ x 2) to match the rider board inserts, 

Will look a treat when she's done and look forward to some pictures.  :2vrolijk_21:
Looking at changing the passenger pegs to floorboards when mine turns up.
What is the part number for the kit?

bhtko

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2011, 12:35:59 AM »

Will look a treat when she's done and look forward to some pictures.  :2vrolijk_21:

I have my Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock CVO SG ordered and on its way.  Adding passenger footboards was one of the first things that I discussed with my dealer.  I was told that the MoCo does not make a passenger footboard insert to match the stock Rumble Collection rider footboard inserts.

If I am missing something I would love to get the correct story.  I would also be very interested in the part numbers for both the passenger floorboard kit and the passenger floorboard inserts.  Any help would be appreciated!!

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2011, 08:35:59 AM »

P/N is 50378-07B Streamliner Collection Passenger Footboard and Mount Kit

The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2011, 09:07:58 AM »

I have my Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock CVO SG ordered and on its way.  Adding passenger footboards was one of the first things that I discussed with my dealer.  I was told that the MoCo does not make a passenger footboard insert to match the stock Rumble Collection rider footboard inserts.

If I am missing something I would love to get the correct story.  I would also be very interested in the part numbers for both the passenger floorboard kit and the passenger floorboard inserts.  Any help would be appreciated!!

They DON'T? That's disappointing. Makes me I wonder how I got THESE!  P/Ns are 51502-09 and 51510-09. Your dealer needs a better parts guy... Killer parts guy found them in the CVO book straightaway, and they even had them IN STOCK! :cherry:  Notice they DO NOT say "Harley-Davidson" in the little chrome section, as the rider footboard inserts do - it's just smooth. I find that a bit odd... but at least they match.

The Wizard's Tune

North Georgia Hawg

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • I HATE WINTER!!!

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2011, 09:12:26 AM »

I'll wait until this afternoon when the sun is on my driveway, and post some pics then. That hot citrus paint just GLOWS in the sun!   :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange:

The Wizard's Tune

NorEaster

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2006 FLSTFSE2 Nebula Yellow / Cobalt Blue
    • CVO2: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red / Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2011, 10:16:25 AM »

P/N is 50378-07B Streamliner Collection Passenger Footboard and Mount Kit

The floorboards are from the Rumble collection, NOT the Streamliner collection, and of course they make them for the passenger floorboards, they come on the CVO Ultras, and have since 2010.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 20 queries.